• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

King Binny

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Can't find the original thread.

Previously posted:

brett-holman-450595595.jpg

Brett Holman - Aston Villa (free transfer)

'I am delighted to have agreed terms with Aston Villa and I am looking forward to joining up with the team in the summer.

'Villa have a long and prestigious history in English football and a fantastic set of fans.'

Alex McLeish said: "Brett is a very intelligent player, a great team player and a man who is recognised in the game as a non-stop, committed wide midfielder player. He has international experience and has played in the Champions League. He will add significantly to the experience in the Villa squad."

tadic_jpg_984300q.jpg

Dusan Tadic - FC Twente (reportedly €7.7 million)

"He's a fantastic player who can add a lot to this team," said McClaren.

Groningen director Hans Nijland also commented on the move, saying: "Tadic's transfer to Twente is one of the biggest domestic transfers in the history of Dutch football."

I know it's not confirmed, but just to add FWIW Villa were mentioned yesterday as possible buyers if we cut Carroll loose this summer.

reus_grosskreutz_trikot_692.jpg

Marco Reus - Borussia Dortmund (reportedly €17.5million)

Reus, who spent his youth career in Dortmund, said: "It's important for me to clarify that this wasn't a decision against Gladbach. I've had a wonderful time here up until now and Borussia gave me the chance to prove myself in the Bundesliga and to develop into the player I am now.

"I'll be sad to leave, as it's been such an important environment for me. It was crucial for me to be upfront and honest with Gladbach and not to drag it out.

"But I've decided to take the next step in the summer and I want to play in a side that can fight for the title and give me the guarantee of Champions League football. Dortmund can do that."

Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said: "In Marco Reus we get our absolute first-choice attacking player. We are pleased that Marco has chosen to come to BVB despite high quality competition."

shaqiri_ima_290112.jpg

Xherdan Shaqiri - Bayern Munich (reportedly £8.4m)

“We’re delighted we’ve secured the signing of Xherdan Shaqiri, one of the most sought-after talents in European football,“ commented Bayern director of sport Christian Nerlinger.

“Xherdan’s intelligent play and dribbling skill will add to our team’s strength next season,” added FCB head coach Jupp Heynckes, “I’ve been observing him for a while now, and I’m convinced he can become a very important player for FC Bayern.”

option_36100488.onlineBild.jpg

Sokratis Papastathopoulos - Werder Bremen (€3.5 million)

The Greek defender has spent this season on loan with the Bundesliga club and Allofs has now confirmed that they have activated an option to sign him permanently.

"The contractual details have been resolved 100 per cent and we have taken our option on him." Allofs told Radio Bremen. "Sokratis will be playing for Werder Bremen in the coming years."

Thanks Binny - just sprayed my coffee all over my laptop - how the fecking hell do Bayern get Shaqiri for 8million !!!

320x240x97a0ef2fb463011d518a890acf0e47d9171-last-minute-tor-zum-punktgewinn-dante_485x364.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xzv4xgJIhU.jpg

Dante - Bayern Munich (Reportedly €5m)

"Bayern Munich are among the world's top three or four clubs. At Bayern I have the chance to play at the very highest level and win titles. I'm 28 now and this is a career step I'd like to take," said Dante. "Borussia tried all they could to keep me and give me a new contract. I've been here for three-and-a-half years now and I've had a wonderful time. For that I'd like to thank everyone at the club and the fantastic supporters. It hurts to leave but decisions like this are a part of every player's career."

"Nevertheless we were hoping right to the end that Dante would opt to continue down the path he has taken here as a top player and crowd favourite and go on to write history in Mönchengladbach. We understand his decision but we're obviously a touch disappointed," said Borussia director of sport Max Eberl. "The situation hasn't caught us entirely unawares," said Eberl. "We want to have three excellent centre-backs again next season and I don't have any worries in that respect. We found Dante and so we'll find someone who can replace him as well."

114579hp2.jpg

Roman Neustädter - Schalke (free transfer)

"We're delighted the deal has gone through," said general manager Horst Heldt. "Roman is a young German player and comes on a free transfer. Over the last 18 months he's been really consistent in the holding midfield position. You hardly notice him on the pitch but he does a really good job and is an assured passer of the ball."

Born in the Ukrainian city of Dnipropetrovsk, Neustädter switched from his parent club FSV Mainz to Mönchengladbach in 2009. The former Germany youth international established himself in the Borussia first team in recent months and has featured in all 17 matches so far this season. His father Peter also played in the Bundesliga, making 239 competitive appearances for FSV Mainz.

the german teams always start doing their business really early . I wonder if they have as much 'excitement' on the final day of the transfer window ? Do they have some manager sitting in his car talking to agents out one window and Sky the other ? Do they have some gimp with 7 mobile phones pretending agents are texting him when it's really his mutti to tell him his Schnitzel und kartoffeln are ready ?

MarkoMarin.jpg

Marko Marin - Chelsea (reportedly between £5.5 million (€7m) and £6.5m (€8m))

Chelsea Football Club have today (Saturday) agreed to sign Marko Marin from Werder Bremen.

Both clubs have agreed a fee and the 23-year-old midfielder has agreed personal terms.

Marin, a German international, will join Chelsea in the summer.

Born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, he moved to Germany with his family at an early age and became a professional player at Borussia Monchengladbach before moving north to Bremen in the summer of 2009.

He made 87 Bundesliga appearances for the club prior to today's announcement, scoring 12 goals. He also played in the 2010 German Cup Final when his side lost to Bayern Munich.

Able to play as winger as well as a central player, Marin is 5ft 7in (170cm) in height and having played for Germany Under 21s, he made his debut for the senior Germany side in May 2008 prior to being part of the squad that won the European Under 21 championships in 2009.

For the senior team he made two substitute appearances during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and has 16 caps to date with one goal to his name.

Werder Bremen's general manager Klaus Allofs also confirmed the winger would be leaving the Germany to join the Champions League finalists.

He told Sky: "I can confirm that [he signed a five-year-contract]. The last formalities were sorted out today and I can confirm that he will be a Chelsea player next year."

741590880-ivica-olic_9.jpg

Ivica Olic - Wolfsburg (free transfer)

Croatia striker Ivica Olic will switch from Bayern Munich to German league rivals Wolfsburg next season having signed a two-year contract.

"Ivica is an absolute professional. His determination and willingness to run and get stuck in are exemplary. He has always been a leading performer at his clubs. I'm convinced that he will raise the quality of our squad," proclaimed VfL head coach Felix Magath of his prominent new signing.

0,,10373~10750006,00.jpg

Mike Rigg - QPR (Technical Director)

Rigg, 43, arrives at Loftus Road after opting to leave a similar role at Manchester City, which he held since June 2008. Rigg outlined his blueprint for the future, commenting: "I am very pleased to be here. "When I sat down with the owners and Mark recently they sold the project at Queens Park Rangers to me. I see where they want to take the Club and it is something I want to be a part of."I have worked with Mark in a number of different roles so I have a very good understanding of what he wants and what he needs.

"Player acquisition is a big part of football and it is where an enormous amount of investment is made. That's where we must get it right.

"My role involves a mixture of looking at the immediate needs for the Football Club as well as trying to make sure we have a long-term plan in place for bringing players through into the First Team."

Rigg's main responsibilities will be to identify talent at every age group and in due course recruit such talent to the Club.

He will work with all departments to enhance the player development process in order to bring quality players into the Club's First Team, as well as our various age group squads.

Rigg's impressive CV includes roles as the Academy Manager of Sheffield Wednesday; Technical Director for the Welsh FA; and Chief Scout at Blackburn Rovers.

This thread is proof that English players are inexplicably over-rated.

That Neustädter lad looks promising. We should keep an eye on how he does....may be he is the next Dietmar Hamann!

3db8a8243e.jpg

Lukas Podolski - Arsenal (undisclosed fee)

Executive board chairman, Claus Horstmann said: “We deeply regret his step, which is not a decision against [the club] but for the good of his own career. Koln were prepared to extend Lukas Podolski's contract on the basis of a competitive offer.

“Nonetheless, this early transfer decision offers scope and planning security for the next season. We will jump at this opportunity to reinvest these transfer earnings back into our team's quality and into the promotion of our youth squads.

“Lukas has helped the club in many difficult situations, Lukas has left a mark on Koln's reputation and we feel the need to thank him for numerous great football experiences at Koln.”

“The move to Arsenal provides a great opportunity for me to gain experience in international competitions at a European top club.

“I have made this decision not against Koln but for this great opportunity and the good of my own individual development.

“This was not an easy decision for me at all, as Koln, our fans and the city are something special for me.

“I will always carry Koln in my heart. We need to pool our strengths now and have to be fully focussed on our survival in the Bundesliga.”

"I'm so happy to be joining Arsenal and the Premier League. They are one of the top clubs in Europe with a huge history.
"There are many top-quality players at Arsenal and their style is fantastic."

"He is a top-class player, a very good finisher and a proven performer at club and international level. He is a very strong player and will provide us with good attacking options." He has 43 goals from 95 appearances, putting him joint-sixth in Germany's all-time list despite often playing on the left.

Wenger said: "That is a phenomenal record and just shows his quality as a player."

Marin, Podolski and Shaqiri gone for fucking buttons!!!

*stabs Stewart Downing*

To think we could have signed Marin and Shaqiri for a combined fee for around what Stewart Downing cost is nothing short of Soul Destroying.

more like SOLE destroying (boom boom). Anyhow, everyone cocks up in the transfer market, just not always in the same window.

Hopefully our owners realize as peter Hague pointed out that the investment to get back in the CL is a lot less now, than it will be after another season of failure in trying to make it work with a depleted squad, and insufficient funds. It's in their own interests to invest, rather than gamble with the same dross (and expect different results).

ON a side note, here in defence of Kennoli, top clubs like us always pay over the odds for players unless there's a contract being run down, or some other leverage. So for Downing, and Henderson, one would always have to pay at least 3M over the odds, based on the need of lesser clubs to make their money this way.

Back
Top Bottom