• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 2014/2015

Lyon - Hubert Fournier (Head Coach)
65624.jpg

[article=http://www.olweb.fr/en/article/fournier-named-new-ol-coach-65622.html]OL officially announced the arrival of Hubert Fournier, former Stade de Reims coach, as replacement for the outgoing Rémi Garde on the OL bench. He knows the club well having played for OL in the late 1990's...

He becomes the 26th coach of Olympique Lyonnais. Hubert Fournier succeeds Rémi Garde, who arrived in 2011 and who announced his departure just over a week ago. Born on September 3 1967 in Riom in the Puy-de-Dôme region, Hubert Fournier coached Stade de Reims in the 2013-14 season. He coached the side from Champagne from the National third division to Ligue 1 in just four seasons, winning promotion to the top flight 33 years after their last appearance. The 46-year-old has signed a two-year contract with OL…a club he knows well.

Hubert Fournier got to know the Tola Vologe training centre and the Stade Gerland during his playing career. The central defender signed for OL in December 1997 at 30 years of age, from German club Borussia Mönchengladbach. He immediately imposed himself in the side coached by Bernard Lacombe and played a major role in the club's amazing end to the campaign. Les Lyonnais qualified for the UEFA Cup after finishing in an unhoped for sixth place. Over the next two seasons, Hubert Fournier and his teammates finished third, qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in the club's history and reaching the quarter-finals for the first time in 31 years.

He spent two and a half seasons at Lyon, playing 58 Ligue 1 matches, 4 Coupe de la Ligue matches and ten European games. He then returned to Guingamp, before ending his career with Rouen in National ten years ago. He naturally took the step to becoming a coach. Just months after retiring at 37, he became assistant to Philippe Montanier at Boulogne-sur-Mer, before coaching Gueugnon, and then, in 2010, beginning his incredible adventure with the Stade de Reims. Hubert Fournier returns to a club in which he enjoyed some amazing European successes...[/article]

Watford - Heurelho Gomes (free transfer)
140523-heurelho-gomes-4x3286-1571191_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/140524-heurelho-gomes-signs-for-watford-1571831.aspx#0bop1W0zVT6leArW.99]HEURELHO GOMES has agreed terms on a one-year deal at Vicarage Road and will officially become a Watford player on July 1.

The Hornets also have the option on the goalkeeper for another 12 months.

Gomes’ contract at Tottenham Hotspur finishes next month after a six-year stay at White Hart Lane where he appeared 135 times for the north London side.

The 33-year-old keeper spent the first half of 2013 on loan at Hoffenheim, making nine appearances for the Bundesliga club.

After beginning his career in his native Brazil, Gomes moved to PSV Eindhoven and turned out for the Dutch club in the UEFA Champions League.

His good form earned him a multi-million pound move to the Premier League with Spurs in July 2008 and again he played in Europe - in both the Champions League and Europa League.

On the international stage, Gomes made his debut in 2003 in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. He got some regular playing time for his national side in 2006 and was part of their 2010 World Cup squad in South Africa. [/article]

Lorient - Sylvain Ripoll (Head Coach)
ripoll.jpg

[article=http://www.fclweb.fr/info/article/sylvain-ripoll-nomme-entraineur-du-fc-lorient]Sylvain Ripoll has been appointed coach of French Ligue 1 club Lorient, the Brittany outfit confirmed on Sunday.

Ripoll, 42, had worked as assistant to his predecessor Christian Gourcuff, father of France international Yoann Gourcuff, for the past 11 years.

"Sylvain Ripoll's appointment is coherent with Lorient's philosophy and development," club president Loïc Féry said on the club's website.

"He is imbued with the values of FC Lorient, is a fan of beautiful football, with, in addition, a winner's mentality.

"In addition he is an open man, humble and a worker, with an irreproachable mindset," he added.

Born in Rennes, Ripoll played as a full-back and as a midfielder for his local club from 1990 to 1994, before a stint with Le Mans.

He moved to Lorient and twice helped them win promotion to the top flight, in 1998 and 2001.

A ligament injury forced him to retire in 2002 and he became Gourcuff's second in command thereafter.

It had been Gourcuff's third different spell coaching the western French side after previous stints from 1982-1986 and 1991-2001 but his relationship with club bosses had become strained this season.

Lorient finished eighth in Ligue 1 in the campaign just finished.

"I am very happy with this news and very honoured with the faith that's been put in me," explained Ripoll, 42. "I'm determined to take on this fantastic challenge to begin an excellent adventure. I've identified myself with this club for several years, and the philosophy that's been put in place matches mine.

"I'm eager to face this challenge to take the club further," he added, with the club set to appoint an assistant soon. "The club have a fine heritage and a new adventure is starting. It's down to us to be up to the task and carry on along the same path. There's real excitement and huge motivation."[/article]

Ajax - Nick Viergever (reportedly €2 million)
196907_196904_viergever_pb_600_600x338_600x338.jpg

[article=http://english.ajax.nl/News/Archive/Article/Ajax-signs-Nick-Viergever.htm]jax has reached an agreement with AZ and Nick Viergever for his transfer to Ajax. The defender has signed a contract which will be effective per July 1 2014 for four seasons, until June 30 2018. The transfer is conditional on the results of the medical examination and the finalization of a few formalities.

Viergever was born on August 3 1989 in Capelle aan den Ijssel. He went through the youth academy at Sparta Rotterdam and made his debut on May 10 2009 in the first team. The left-footed player has spent the last four seasons playing at AZ.

Director of football affairs Marc Overmars says that Ajax’s technical heart is pleased with this transfer: “Frank, Dennis, Wim and I have had our eye on Nick for a while. We wanted to have him and we’re happy that it worked out. Nick is at a good age and has played over 200 matches of professional football. He’s playable centrally on defense and also as a left back and at midfield. All in all, a reliable player who can be used in several positions at Ajax.”[/article]

Augsburg - Markus Feulner (undisclosed fee)
fcn_f95_clap_feulner_628.jpg

[article=http://www.fcaugsburg.de/cms/website.php?sid=39999cd8c6a21c482531049f933623c9&id=/index/news/allenews/data18150.htm]FC Augsburg have made Markus Feulner their first signing of the summer, with the midfielder set to join from recently-relegated 1. FC Nürnberg.The 32-year-old FC Bayern München academy graduate, who made his top-flight debut for the regining Bundesliga champions, playing alongside the likes of Bastian Schweinsteiger, has signed a two-year contract with the Fuggerstädter and will join up with his new team-mates on 1 July.

“We're looking forward to working with a player with so much Bundesliga experience,” said Augsburg’s sporting director Stefan Reuter. “We're convinced he will help us achieve our goal, which is a sustainable future in Germany’s top tier."

Feulner himself was delighted to prolong his stay in the top flight. “Augsburg have developed extremely well in the last few years," he said. "The fans are terrific and the environment at the club is great. I'm delighted to be given the chance to carry on playing in the Bundesliga."

Feulner is a veteran of 160 Bundesliga appearances for Nürnberg, 1. FSV Mainz 05, 1. FC Köln, Borussia Dortmund and current champions FC Bayern, having also won two league titles (2003 and 2011) and the DFB Cup (2003).[/article]

Hertha Berlin - Genki Haraguchi (reportedly €500k)
13564_genki-haraguchi_01_656x369.jpg

[article=http://www.herthabsc.de/de/intern/verpflichtung-haraguchi/page/5248--17--.html]Hertha Berlin have signed Japan forward Genki Haraguchi from J-League leaders Urawa Red Diamonds on a four-year contract, the Bundesliga club said on Monday.

The 23-year-old Haraguchi, who has won three caps but is not a member of his country’s squad for next month’s World Cup, scored 33 goals in 162 J-League games and will join former Urawa teammate Hajime Hosogai in Berlin.

“Genki Haraguchi is a versatile forward who can play both left and right or in the centre,” Hertha sporting director Michael Preetz said in a statement.

“Obviously he will need to adapt and will need some time as everything is new for him,” Hertha coach Jos Luhukay said. “But with Hajime Hosogai he has a former (Urawa Red Diamonds) teammate who will help him adapt.”

Hertha finished in 11th place in the recently concluded Bundesliga season.

Haraguchi joins a list of notable Japanese in the Bundesliga that includes World Cup-bound Shinji Okazaki, who had a breakout year with Mainz, leading the club with 15 goals and finishing in a tie for seventh in the Bundesliga goal-scoring chart. It also includes his new Hertha Berlin teammate, midfielder Hosogai, who made a club-high 33 Bundesliga starts this year.

Gotoku Sakai (Stuttgart), Atsuto Uchida (Schalke), Hiroki Sakai (Hannover) and Takashi Inui (Eintracht Frankfurt) held down at least semi-regular roles in Germany in 2013/14, as well.[/article]

FC Koln - Kevin Vogt (reportedly €2 million)
hp_imago12818812h.jpg

[article=http://www.fc-koeln.de/news/detailansicht/?tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=7793&cHash=a05aabea3e124c4e33536b5ab903e28b]1. FC Köln have secured the services of versatile midfielder Kevin Vogt for the next three seasons, with the 22-year-old arriving from FC Augsburg.

Augsburg accommodated Vogts' request to leave this summer, enabling him to join the Billy Goats as they embark on their first season back in the top flight following promotion as Bundesliga 2 champions.

"Kevin is an ambitious, young German footballer who can still improve," said Köln's sporting director Jörg Schmadtke. "He has already underlined his quality for Augsburg in the Bundesliga in an impressive manner." Vogt made a total of 56 appearances for the Bavarians since joining them from VfL Bochum in 2012.

"I had two very good and successful years with Augsburg," Vogt said. "I'm grateful to them and their fantastic fans for giving me this chance. Köln have now offered me a new challenge which I'm looking forward to. I can't wait to play my part in ensuring Köln establish their place in the Bundesliga in the coming years."[/article]

Freiburg - Admir Mehmedi (reportedly €6 million)
scf_b04_jubel_mehmedi_628.jpg

[article=http://www.scfreiburg.com/node/8321]Admir Mehmedi will be staying at SC Freiburg after the club opted to exercise the option to purchase him on a permanent deal following his loan spell from Ukrainian club FC Dynamo Kyiv.

“After some initial difficulties, Admir proved his quality to us this season and we believe he will continue to improve. We want to continue working together,” said sporting director Klemens Hartenbach. “Securing his future with us is an important step in planning for the coming campaign.”

Mehmedi. who is currently in Lucerne preparing for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil with the Swiss national team, said of the deal: “I'm very happy that I can carry on playing for Freiburg. The club put their trust in me and I've managed to repay it. It will be good for both of us that we can continue working together."

Born in Gostivar in present-day Macedonia, the four-time Swiss international represented FC Zürich between 2008 and 2012 before making the switch to Kiev. In 32 league appearances this season, the 23-year-old was the Breisgau-based club's top scorer with 12 goals and also provided four assists, as Christian Streich's men recorded a 14th-placed finish.[/article]

SC Braga - Sérgio Conceição (Head Coach)
BolQZg4IAAACe-3.jpg

[article]Braga have hired former Academica boss Sergio Conceicao as their new coach on a two-year deal.

Jesualdo Ferreira's struggle to keep Braga in their usual lofty position in the Primeira Liga saw him depart the Estadio AXA in February, with Jorge Paixao taking charge for the rest of the season.

Paixao led the club to ninth in the Portuguese top flight, their lowest league placing in over a decade.

Conceicao's Academica finished a place above Braga in the table, courtesy of a superior head-to-head record.

In the previous campaign, Conceicao kept Academica in the top flight having been appointed towards the end of the season.

The former Portugal winger made 56 appearances for his country, scoring 12 goals, and won three Primeira Liga titles as a player with Porto.

Braga were eliminated from both cup competitions at the semi-final stage, but failed to reach the UEFA Europa League group phase after a play-off defeat to Romanian outfit Pandurii Targu Jiu.[/article]

Barcelona Alen Halilovic (€2.2 million with add ons)
BokhL5MIQAA_aNJ.jpg

[article=http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/barca-b/detail/article/alen-halilovic-signs-till-2019-it-s-a-great-day]Alen Halilovic signed a five year deal at the Club this morning. The Croatian, who will be 18 in June, will begin his time at the Club with Barça B.

FC Barcelona reached agreement in March with Dynamo Zagreb and Alen Halilovic for a 2,2 million Euro transfer, which could rise with first team appearances.

In April, Halilovic won the league with Dynamo after playing in 26 games - starting 14 - and scoring five goals.

Speaking exclusively to Barça TV and fcbarcelona.cat, Halilovic admitted: “This is a great day and I am very happy. I’ve always been a Barça fan and I know a lot about the Club. I’ve been watching Barça B this season – they are a young team who play great football”.

The Croatian youngster also spoke his first words in Catalan, explaining: “I can speak a little Catalan. I’m very happy to have been given the chance to play at the biggest Club in the world. Hello to all the Barça fans and Visca el Barça!".[/article]

Atletico Mineiro - Maicosuel
maicosuel.jpg

[article=http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/60713_maicosuel_completes_atletico_mineiro_move_from_udinese.html]Atletico Mineiro have completed the signing of Brazilian attacking midfielder Maicosuel from Italian side Udinese after the player spent the last two years away from his homeland.

Full name Maicosuel Reginaldo de Matos, the playmaker has also spent time in Germany with Hoffenheim, as well as spells in Brazil with Cruzeiro, Palmeiras and, nore recently, Botafogo.

He has signed a five-year deal with the 2013 Copa Libertadores champions, and will be officially presented to the media and fans upon the resumption of the Brazilian domestic campaign following the impending World Cup.

Maicosule had left to join Udinese from Botafogo in 2012 for a fee in the region of £4 million.[/article]

VfL Bochum - Stanislav Sestak
stanislav-sestak-mittelhandbruch-514.jpg

[article]Bursaspor's Slovakia winger Stanislav Sestak has returned to German Bundesliga side VfL Bochum, from whence he came to Turkey. The 31-year-old Sestak joined German Bundesliga side VfL Bochum in June 2007 and played for three seasons. After Bochum was relegated, Sestak was given on loan to MKE Ankaragücü at the beginning of 2010-11. After three months, he moved permanently to Bursaspor in a three-year deal and scored 12 goals.

“We are very happy to have such an experienced player in our fold,” Bochum coach Christian Hochstatter said regarding Sestak's transfer.[/article]

Borussia Dortmund - Maximilian Gull, Jon Stankovic
220px-Maximilian_G%C3%BCll_2013_2.jpg

Borussia Dortmund - Jon Stankovic
jongorencstankovicsloveniavportugalghiymnysllgl.jpg

Espanyol - Sergio Gonzalez (Head Coach)
sergio-gonzalez-espanyol_560x280.jpg

[article]Espanyol have named former Spain international Sergio Gonzalez as their new coach.

The 37-year-old Sergio, who played for Espanyol at the start of his career and had been in charge of the club's reserve side, has agreed a two-year contract to take over from Javier Aguirre.

Aguirre left Espanyol at the end of last season after leading the club to a 14th-placed finish.

A statement on www.rcdespanyol.com announced: "The Espanyol sporting director Oscar Perarnau has announced at a press conference that Sergio Gonzalez Soriano will be the first-team coach of the Blanquiazul.

"Sergio Gonzalez, until now the coach of Espanyol B, has been chosen by the club to lead the sporting project in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons."

Sergio came up through the youth ranks at Espanyol before spending three seasons in the first team between 1998 and 2001, during which time he helped them win the 2000 Copa del Rey with a late winner in the final against Atletico Madrid.

He then moved to Deportivo La Coruna and in 2002 helped them win the Copa del Rey with another goal in the final, this time against Real Madrid.

After nine years in Galicia, during which time he won the majority of his 11 caps for Spain, Sergio finished his playing career at Levante in the 2010/11 season.

Espanyol sporting director Perarnau said: "We're delighted with Sergio's personality and he knows the club perfectly.

"We're very happy with his training methods and the way he wants to play.

"He doesn't have much experience as a coach, but we all started out at some point and we believe that he's ready.

"We want united teams, committed, that are balanced in attack and defence: brave in attack and organised in defence."[/article]

SC Bastia - Claude Makelele
BoojPDnCIAAmGkq.jpg

[article]Former France midfielder Claude Makélélé has been appointed coach of Ligue 1 club SC Bastia.

The 41-year-old rejected a proposed extension to his deal as assistant coach at Paris Saint-Germain, a role he has held since retiring from playing in 2011, to take the post vacated by Frédéric Hantz earlier this month.

The Corsican outfit have not disclosed the length of contract the ex-FC Nantes, Olympique de Marseille, RC Celta de Vigo, Real Madrid CF, Chelsea FC and Paris player has signed.

"On behalf of the Paris Saint-Germain family and myself, I would like to thank Claude for his important contribution to our team's brilliant results, both in France and in Europe," said Paris president Nasser Al-Khalaifi. "We are all conscious of the role he played alongside Laurent Blanc and Carlo Ancelotti in the remarkable progression of the team."

Makélélé, capped 71 times by Les Bleus and a UEFA Champions League winner with Madrid in 2002, will take over a squad that finished tenth in the French top flight.[/article]

Bordeaux - Willy Sagnol
2110000_w2.jpg

[article]Willy Sagnol will make his Ligue 1 coaching debut next season after being appointed by FC Girondins de Bordeaux on a three-year contract.

The former AS Saint-Étienne, AS Monaco FC and FC Bayern München right-back has left his role as France Under-21 trainer to succeed Francis Gillot, who led Les Marine et Blanc to French Cup glory in 2013.

Under Sagnol's tutelage, the U21s have a maximum 18 points in their 2013–15 UEFA European Championship qualifying group. He will take charge of the squad for the final time when they play Singapore in a friendly early next month.

Sagnol said: "I have ambitions for the club – ambitions for the players and to aim high." Under another ex-France defender, Laurent Blanc, Bordeaux ended Olympique Lyonnais' run of seven straight titles when they finished top of the pile in 2008/09. "Bordeaux are a club with certain values," Sagnol added. "I'm happy to work here."

The 37-year-old – ever-present in Les Bleus' run to the 2006 FIFA World Cup final – retired from playing in February 2009 due to an achilles tendon injury. A UEFA Champions League winner with Bayern in 2001, he inherits a Bordeaux squad that came seventh last term, 18 points adrift of the front three.[/article]
Lots of newbies in French Ligue 1 next season.

Angel Correa Transfer Announced by Atletico Madrid

This boy is going to be the next in their line of great strikers.
I've been praying that we will sign him for months. His next transfer will be the the 50M bracket or so.

Angel Correa Transfer Announced by Atletico Madrid

hi-res-272dd4a1faab7183aff935a438e92388_crop_north.jpg

Atletico Madrid have wasted no time bouncing back from Champions League final defeat to neighbours Real Madrid, announcing the signing of young Argentinian Angel Correapending a medical.
The 19-year-old joins from San Lorenzo, as detailed on the club'sofficial website:
Atletico de Madrid and San Lorenzo de Almagro, an Argentinian first division team, have reached an agreement for the transfer of AngelCorrea (Rosario, March 9th.1995) to our Club, pending the young Argentinian talent gets past the corresponding medical check up. Afterwards, the forward will commit to our club for five seasons.

Correa is a versatile forward, someone who can lead the line on his own or sit behind the main striker. He is also well suited to playing from the left, where his speed and technical ability allow him to cut inside before searching for an incisive pass.
Sky Sports likens the player to SergioAguero in terms of stature, but insists his natural game is to drop into the hole behind the striker, similar to Carlos Tevez. Correa's main strengths are outlined as "vision and passing stemming from his natural footballing brain," with his most effective displays coming from the middle.
The improving forward has eight goals in 46 appearances across this year's Argentinian league and cup formats, as reported by Soccerway.Correa also has 16 yellow cards in this time, suggesting he will need to work on his discipline under Diego Simeone, who challenges his squad with working hard across the entire pitch.

Transfermarkt.co.uk notes Correa averages a goal every 441 minutes. He has provided 14 assists throughout the current season and may develop into an all-out playmaker under Simeone's tutelage. Rory Smith of the Times believes the starlet's signing is just the start ofAtletico's South American business this summer:

Correa will be among the Atletico players to wear the club's new home kit, a design that commemorates the 1975 team's triumph of the Intercontinental Cup, per Atletico's website:
In a guard similar to that worn at the time by Luis Aragones, Adelardo,Irureta, Garate or Ayala among others, the shirt presents three wide stripes on the front and back, as well as a distinctive white box to display the players' numbers on the back.​

Sunderland - Billy Jones (free transfer)
billy-jones-scarf.jpg

[article]Defender Billy Jones has agreed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light and will become a Sunderland player from July 1.

Speaking about the move, the 27-year-old said: “I'm really happy to be here and I'm looking forward to getting back for pre-season and kicking on.

“I've played at the Stadium of Light a number of times so I know what it's about and what great backing the club has.

“I've come to the training ground today and it's amazing. I knew I was signing for a massive club with everything in place to kick on up the league and carry on moving forward.”

Jones spent three years at West Brom, making over 70 appearances for the Baggies having joined from Preston North End in 2011.

The versatile defender began his career with Crewe Alexandra, rising through their academy to play more than 130 times for the club. He then moved to Preston North End, spending four years at Deepdale.[/article]

Cardiff - Federico Macheda (free transfer)
macheda-1-43265-1575858_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/macheda-confirmation-1575873.aspx#YpJGzCL5XGIj8kXV.99]City are delighted to confirm the signing of Italian striker Federico Macheda on a free transfer.

The 22-year-old frontman has put pen-to-paper on a three-year-deal after successfully completing his medical. Federico will join the club on July 1st 2014 following the expiration of his contract at Manchester United.

Looking forward to teaming up with Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjær once again, having worked under him previously at Old Trafford, the Bluebirds’ third signing of the summer said: “It’s a massive opportunity for me and it is with thanks to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that I am here. He played a big part of my decision and I’m really looking forward to starting this season.

“Last season I had a good spell on loan at Birmingham City, but this is a new chapter of my career now and I can’t wait to get started and show everyone who I am.

“Knowing Ole, he wants to get back into the Premier League as soon as possible and the recent signings show that.

“I’m here for the same reason. I feel that this is a great team and if we can have a good season and work hard then we can go straight back up.”[/article]

Marseille -Marcelo Bielsa (Head Coach)
78065.jpg

[article=http://www.om.net/en/Season/101002/News/78065/Marcelo_Bielsa_a_signe]On Tuesday afternoon, Marcelo Bielsa signed his official contract with Olympique de Marseille.

The Argentine technician leaves for Rosario this evening. His return to Marseille is scheduled for 16 June for the start of preseason training at 18:00 CET.

Marcelo Bielsa, and his staff, will hold a press conference before training on 16 June at a time yet to be decided.[/article]

SC Freiburg - Sebastian Mielitz (undisclosed fee)
BovI-vBCEAI9TxV.jpg

[article]SC Freiburg have added a second goalkeeper to their ranks following the departure of Oliver Baumann, signing up Sebastian Mielitz from Bundesliga rivals SV Werder Bremen.The 24-year-old custodian, who made 62 top-flight appearances for Werder, put pen to paper on the deal after completing his medical at Freiburg University Clinic on Tuesday morning (27 May).

“Sebastian Mielitz is tried and tested in the Bundesliga and has demonstrated his ability to perform at the top level. We think he can take another big step forward here,” said SCF sporting director Klemens Hartenbach, adding that with the arrival of Roman Bürki as well, “we feel we're still in good shape on the goalkeeping front.”

“After nine years at Bremen it was time for a change of scenery,” Mielitz said of the move. “I had very good, in-depth talks with the management here and I'm looking forward to the fresh challenge of playing for Freiburg.” As is standard, both clubs agreed not to divulge any further particulars of the contract.[/article]

Bochum - Simon Terodde
terodde729.jpg

[article=http://www.vfl-bochum.com/site/en/_home/aktuelles/14455_vflverpflichtetteroddep.htm]26-year-old striker Simon Terodde has joined VfL Bochum 1848 from FC Union Berlin. Both sides agreed on a 2-year deal, which sees Terodde stay until 30 June 2016.

The striker went through the youth academies of MSV Duisburg, Fortuna Düsseldorf and FC Cologne, where Terodde also made his first five Bundesliga appearances. In 2011, the native of Bocholt joined the “Irons” of Union Berlin. At the age of 20, he debuted as a professional player for MSV Duisburg during the 2008/09 2nd Bundesliga campaign.

“Simon Terodde is a forward who has the ability to maintain possession and who has a superb shot – scoring his goals for every club he has played for,“ director of football Christian Hochstätter says, as he points out the new signing’s sporting qualities.

VfL manager Peter Neururer is convinced that Terodde’s character will also contribute to the squad’s development: “He’s a very physical player who fights for every ball and neither spares himself nor his opponent. I admire his development, which I’ve been following since our common times in Duisburg.”

Player stats

Born: 2 March 1988 in Bocholt
Height: 192 cm
Weight: 80 kg
BL fixtures/goals: 5/0
2 BL fixtures/goals: 89/23
Previous clubs: FC Union Berlin (2011-14), FC Cologne (2009-11), Fortuna Düsseldorf (01/2009-06/2009), MSV Duisburg (2002-12/2008), FC Bocholt (2001/02), VfL Rhede (1998-2001), SV Krechting (1991-98)[/article]

Watford - Gabriel Tamas (free transfer)
tamas-4x3286-1576394_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/140527-gabriel-tamas-signs-1575032.aspx#Jdi44LhRuq0DQhqV.99]EXPERIENCED defender Gabriel Tamas today agreed terms with Watford FC on a one-year deal at Vicarage Road.

The 30-year-old Romanian international will officially join the Hornets on July 1.

Tamas has previous experience in English football, turning out for West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League then later signing for Doncaster Rovers in January of this year.

He has also played for the likes of Spartak Moscow, Galatasaray, Auxerre and Celta Vigo during his career.

On the international stage, Tamas has over 50 caps for Romania having made his debut in 2003 and represented them at the European Championships in Austria and Switzerland in 2008. [/article]

Cardiff - Federico Macheda (free transfer)
macheda-1-43265-1575858_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/macheda-confirmation-1575873.aspx#YpJGzCL5XGIj8kXV.99]City are delighted to confirm the signing of Italian striker Federico Macheda on a free transfer.

The 22-year-old frontman has put pen-to-paper on a three-year-deal after successfully completing his medical. Federico will join the club on July 1st 2014 following the expiration of his contract at Manchester United.

Looking forward to teaming up with Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjær once again, having worked under him previously at Old Trafford, the Bluebirds’ third signing of the summer said: “It’s a massive opportunity for me and it is with thanks to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that I am here. He played a big part of my decision and I’m really looking forward to starting this season.

“Last season I had a good spell on loan at Birmingham City, but this is a new chapter of my career now and I can’t wait to get started and show everyone who I am.

“Knowing Ole, he wants to get back into the Premier League as soon as possible and the recent signings show that.

“I’m here for the same reason. I feel that this is a great team and if we can have a good season and work hard then we can go straight back up.”[/article]

Cunt

Back
Top Bottom