• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Young - Aston Villa (free transfer)

[article]Aston Villa is pleased to announce the signing of Ashley Young.

The 35-year-old has signed a one-year deal after helping Inter Milan win Serie A last season.

In a stellar career which has seen him make 369 Premier League appearances, win multiple trophies and earn 39 caps for his country, Young returns to Villa Park.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: “Ashley brings with him a wealth of experience of top-level football both at club and international level and he is joining having just won a league championship in Italy.

“He is a player who can play in a number of positions and, having spoken to him at length, I know he is determined to make a real impact with us this season.”[/article]

Bjorn Engels - Royal Antwerp (undisclosed fee)

Mark Uth - Cologne (free transfer)

[article]1. FC Köln have signed Mark Uth from FC Schalke 04. The attacker joins on a free transfer and has signed a two-year deal with an option to extend.

Mark Uth has returned to 1. FC Köln on a free transfer. The Köln born forward has signed a contract until 2023 with the option for a further campaign.

Mark Uth is back for a fourth spell at Geißbockheim. After three years in the academy (2004-07) and three seasons in the under-19s and under-21s (2009-12), as well as the loan for the second half of the 2019-20 campaign, the 29-year-old attacker will be back at FC once more. In the past season, he made 20 Bundesliga appearances for FC Schalke 04, scoring three goals and assisting a further goal.

Mark Uth said: “I am really pleased to be back at home and can’t wait to get stuck into pre-season with the lads.”

FC head coach, Steffen Baumgart said: “It is an absolutely positive signal that Mark Uth is joining us. He is a player who fits what we wanted – he can score goals and is very experienced. Along with that, his qualities in the build-up and his vision are well-known.”

FC Managing Director, Alexander Wehrle said: “There were constructive discussion with Schalke 04 and all parties came to a fair solution. Mark has also done a lot to accommodate FC and has played a key role in making the sure the transfer came about.”

Mark Uth was born on 24th August 1991 in Köln. In 2004, he joined the FC academy from TuS Langel. Between 2007 and 2009, Uth was with Viktoria Köln before return to the under-19s and then spending 2010-12 with the under-21s. He then made the move to SC Heerenveen, spending a loan spell with Heracles Almelo, before joining TSG Hoffenheim and then FC Schalke 04. In 141 Bundesliga games, Uth has scored 39 goals and added 21 assists.[/article]

Memphis Depay - Barcelona (free transfer)

[article]FC Barcelona and Memphis Depay have reached an agreement for the player to join the Club once his contract with Olympique Lyonnais is at an end. The player will sign a contract until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Memphis Depay (Moordrecht, Netherlands, 13 February 1994) started out at his hometown club VV Moordrecht. He was just nine when he joined Sparta Rotterdam, and from there moved on to PSV Eindhoven, which is where he made his Eredivisie debut. Coached by former Barça man Phillip Cocu, Depay soon became one of the biggest stars at Eindhoven.

His performances in the Dutch championship attracted attention abroad, and it was Manchester United who eventually secured him. At Old Trafford, and playing under Louis Van Gaal, he spent a season and a half before heading for Olympique Lyonnais in January 2017.

It was in France that he made his breakthrough. Highlights of his five and a half seasons included reaching the Champions League semi-finals and the Coupe de France Final in 2019/20, losing the latter on penalties to PSG.

He quickly became a regular for the Holland national team, where he has played under Ronald Koeman, and was in the side that finished third at the 2014 World Cup. He has already got on the scoresheet at the current Euro 2020.

Born in Holland but with Ghanaian father, he is a versatile forward. He tends to play on the left and can also work as a centre forward, but far from being a target man, he also likes to play a part in the build-up. He oozes skill and has a fine shot, and his physical strength makes him hard to deal with in the one-on-one.

His 22 goals made him top goalscorer in the Dutch league in 2014/15, his highest scoring season to date. But he came close to matching that tally in his final year in Lyon, scoring 20 times and finishing second in the charts. Where Depay truly excels is with assists – delivering 12 last season in France.[/article]

A 2 year contract? That's a bit weird.
Yup, thought so too. He was probably unsure about joining them so they tried to convince him with a shorter deal that allows him freedom to leave if the move fails to work?

Critchley using his knowledge and connections to bring in players from top flight's reserve teams.

Josh Bowler - Blackpool (free transfer)

[article]
Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of winger Josh Bowler on a one-year deal, which includes an option for a further year.

The 22-year-old, who moved to Everton for a substantial transfer fee from QPR in 2017, becomes the fourth new player to arrive at Bloomfield Road.

Having been on Merseyside for the last few years, Bowler has been part of a Premier League 2 title success with the Toffees and spent the 2019/20 season out on loan with Hull City, making 31 appearances for the Tigers.

On the move, Josh Bowler said:

“I’m so happy the move has been completed, and I can’t wait to get started. To come and play for a Club like Blackpool in the Championship is really exciting. As a player, you want to test yourself at the highest level, and this is a great opportunity for me to do that.

“Wherever I get the ball I want to run with it and try and create something. I want to get the fans off their seats and entertain them as much as I can, and to work under a coach like Neil Critchley, who is renowned for nurturing younger players, I hope to be able to develop my game further.”

Neil Critchley added:

“Josh will be a valuable addition to the squad. He’s a player who Everton invested in from QPR at the age of 18 and is very good in the final third, where he’s capable of adding goals and assists to the team.

“Now 22, he’s joins us at a good age and with room to develop and improve his game further. He’s had previous Championship experience with Hull, and we believe he can come here and fulfill his potential.”

[/article]

Mark McGuinness - Cardiff (free transfer with sell-on clause)

[article]Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of central defender Mark McGuinness.
The 20-year-old joins from Arsenal and has agreed a deal until the summer of 2024. He is Mick McCarthy’s second summer signing.

McGuinness is an U21 international for the Republic of Ireland. He spent the 2020/21 season on loan with Ipswich Town in League One, appearing in 25 competitive matches and scoring once.

Speaking to Cardiff City TV, Mark said: "As soon as a Club like Cardiff City were interested I was excited and I couldn't miss this opportunity.

"It's nice to get everything sorted early on and hopefully I can meet the boys and get going.

"My job is to stop the ball going into the back of the net. I love heading and I love defending.

"It's a great opportunity for me to learn and improve in the next few years at the Club."

Welcome to the Welsh capital, Mark![/article]

Joseph Okumu - KAA Gent (€3.5m)

[article]Kenya defender Joseph Okumu has finally been unveiled as a KAA Gent player on a long-term contract.

Goal exclusively reported three days ago the towering Harambee Star was closing in on a move to the Belgium-outfit after he was allowed by his Swedish club, IF Elfsborg, to travel to Gent and complete talks.

Gent have now confirmed on their official website, that Okumu, has penned a four year-contract that will see him stay at the club until 2025.

“Joseph Okumu (26 May 1997) today [Monday] signed a contract until 2025,” read part of the statement. “With the arrival of the 24-year-old Kenyan, we are strengthening our defence.”

The former Chemelil Sugar centre-back has had an impressive season with Elfsborg and attracted reported interest, mainly from Lorient and Reims of France, and from Rangers FC and Celtic of Scotland.

Gent Sports Manager Tim Matthys stated the following on signing Okumu: “Joseph [Okumu] is a great central defender who will also add footballing ability to our defence.

“He has a very good vertical passing and it is no coincidence that he has attracted the attention of many clubs. We are glad he chose us.”

'Crouch', as the former Real Monarchs star is known, joined the Swedish side after participating in the Africa Cup of Nations with Harambee Stars in 2019.

Although Kenya did not do well in the tournament, the centre-back showed his brilliance especially after being called to fill the void that injuries created in the national team.

Since then, he has been an undroppable figure for the Harambee Stars, as he has also established himself as one of the key players at club level.

After completing his secondary education at Kakamega High, where he featured in national tournaments alongside his Harambee Stars teammate, Eric Ouma, Okumu joined Chemelil Sugar before he secured a move to Free State Stars of South Africa.

From there, the towering defender joined AFC Ann Arbor and Real Monarchs in the United States before Elfsborg - his first European team - signed him two years ago.

Okumu becomes the third Kenyan to play for the side after Robert Mambo and John Muiruri - Harambee Stars' outstanding midfielders at the beginning of the current century.[/article]

Lassina Traore - Shakhtar (€8m)

[article]Striker Lassina Traore will continue his career at Shakhtar
The club signed a five-year deal with the footballer.

Centre-forward from Ajax

The first Burkina Faso player in Shakhtar's history began his career at Rahimo. At the age of 16, he became a footballer of Cape Town’s Ajax and made his first international appearance. In May 2019, Lassina made his debut in the Eredivisie for Amsterdam-based Ajax. Over three seasons in the Netherlands, he made 31 first-team appearances in all competitions and scored 12 goals.

Lassina Traore

Born January 21, 2001 in Bobo Dioulasso (Burkina Faso)
Height: 183 cm
Role at previous clubs: forward

In the 2020/21 season, Traore scored seven goals in 12 matches in the Dutch league. Lassina also netted a goal in the Champions League against Atalanta (five group stage apps).

Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin reflects on the striker's transfer
- Mr Palkin, why Traore and how long has the club watched him?
- We consider Traore to be one of the most promising forwards in Europe these days. To be honest, until recently it was hard to believe that we would be able to sign him up just for one reason – in most cases, people don't leave Ajax so easily. Traore had a year of contract left. He’s preferred a different club though. We contacted his agent, there were quite long negotiations, but we reached a consensus, and today Lassina Traore is with us.

- Through what personal qualities could he strengthen the team?
- He is the kind of player that suits any team: both offensive and defensive. He is a versatile footballer. A very powerful, he plays well aerially, being quite technical for a striker, plus he scores goals. If you look at him from all sides and evaluate him among the attackers, then Traore has virtually every quality we need. Moreover, given the fact that Moraes is out for a very long period... May God grant him health, may he recover as soon as possible, but at the moment, I think, this position needed to be strengthened. And we did it.

- Have other players been considered for the striker role and if so, who was that?
- Of course. As for the names – that’s our internal matters. We had many candidates, but we picked Traore.

- Were there any difficulties in the negotiations with Traore and his agent?
- As in any negotiation process, there were some nuances. I would like to mention in this regard that the agency representing the footballer is quite strong and well-known in Europe. It’s difficult to negotiate with them, but we coped, reached an agreement and shook hands. Each side is satisfied - everything ended well.[/article]

Watford getting their business done early - 4th signing already

Emmanuel Dennis - Watford (undisclosed fee)

[article]An agreement with Club Brugges has been reached for the transfer of exciting young forward Emmanuel Dennis, Watford FC is delighted to confirm.

The 23-year-old Nigerian spent part of last season on loan in Germany's Bundesliga with 1. FC Köln, having first joined the Belgian top-flight side in the summer of 2017.

A scorer of 27 goals in just over 90 club appearances for Brugges, he has featured in both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

The Hornets are currently finalising personal terms with the pacy striker - capped twice by Nigeria so far - who began his professional career with some experience as a teenager in the Ukranian Premier League with Zorya Luhansk.[/article]

Saw this old tweet while reading up on him :p

Aurelio Andreazzoli - Empoli (Head Coach)

[article]Empoli have officially announced the return of Aurelio Andreazzoli as their head coach for next season.

Andreazzoli replaces Davide Dionisi who brought the Tuscans to Serie A before moving to Sassuolo.

Empoli announced Andreazzoli has signed a one-year deal at the Stadio Castellani with an option for one more season.

The 67-year-old returns to the club for the third time in his career.

He gained Serie A promotion in 2017-18, but was sacked after the first 11 games in Italy’s top flight.

He returned to the club on that same season to replace Giuseppe Iachini, but he could not manage to avoid relegation to Serie B.[/article]

Oliver Casey - Blackpool (undisclosed fee)

[article]Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated defender Oliver Casey for an undisclosed fee from Premier League side Leeds United.

The 20-year-old will join the Seasiders on a three-year contract with an option for a further year from 1 July, after a highly successful start to his career within Leeds United’s Academy. Having progressed through various youth team levels, including with the U18’s when they were crowned Professional Development League North champions in 2018, Casey went on to represent the Leeds United first-team on three occasions.

The athletic centre-back made his debut for Marcelo Bielsa’s side in December 2019, coming on as a substitute in a Championship victory over Huddersfield Town, before making two further appearances for the Whites last season. Casey also came up against Blackpool in the Seasiders’ victory over Leeds United U23’s in the Papa John’s Trophy last season.

On signing for Blackpool, Casey said:

“I’m really excited to get started. Once I knew of Blackpool’s interest, I was really keen to get this done.

“I’ve been at Leeds for ten years, but I feel now is the right time to move on and make the next step in my career. Leeds have given me a good platform to build on, and what better place to join them from than Blackpool.

“This is such a big Club, and to play in the Championship with Blackpool is something I’m really looking forward to.”

Neil Critchley said:

“Olly is a defender with a very good pedigree and is someone we feel will bring real competition to the squad.

“At just 20 years of age, he is a player who has his best years ahead of him. He has had a great education and upbringing at Leeds United, and is someone who we feel will fit in well within the environment we are building here.

“We are looking forward to working with him and helping him develop his game further over the coming years.[/article]

Great signing by Norwich

Ironic how he apparently rejected Villa because he wasn't keen on relegation battle, gets relegated with Werder Bremen and then join a newly promoted side. :p

Milot Rashica - Norwich (£9.4m)

[article]
Norwich City have swooped to complete the signing of winger Milot Rashica from Werder Bremen.

The Kosovo international, aged 24, joins for an undisclosed fee and has put pen to paper on a four-year deal.

Rashica arrives after three-and-a-half seasons playing in the top-flight of German football with Werder Bremen. Throughout his time with Bremen he netted 27 goals in 100 appearances in all competitions.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Rashica said: “I’m really excited to play in front of the Norwich fans and in the Premier League. I will of course give my best to this football club in every game and hope to excite the fans with many goals and assists. I can’t wait to get started.

“I know a few things about the club, particularly the style of play under Daniel Farke. I want to continue to learn and develop as a player and person and I think that the style of play here will suit me very well.

“I have spoken with the boss and I know what he wants to see from me. Those conversations with him recently have been a big help and I am very excited.

“I don’t know any of the players or staff in the group, but I have a lot of friends in the game and here in Germany who speak very highly of Norwich City and how the club works.

“I’ve watched many Norwich City games in the Premier League. It has always been a dream, for me to play in the Premier League and I’m so happy that Norwich have given me this great opportunity.

“I’ve played a few games in England before. I played in a Europa League qualifier for Vitesse against Southampton, as well as a few pre-season fixtures against other English teams.

“I also have some close family in London. Me and my family are looking forward to moving to England, being closer to them and experiencing something new.”

In back-to-back seasons Rashica weighed in with consecutive double-figure goal returns for the Bundesliga outfit.

During the 2018-19 campaign he finished as Bremen’s joint top scorer, netting 12 goals in all competitions, including a match-winning brace against Schalke 04, as well as crucial goals against the likes of RB Leipzig, Hannover 96 and Eintracht Frankfurt.

He started the 2019-20 season in blistering form, netting seven goals in his opening ten games of the Bundesliga season. He found the net in games against Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich and would once again finish the campaign as Werder Bremen’s top scorer, with 11 goals in all competitions.

Prior to his time with Bremen, Rashica had a three-year spell with Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem. He made 100 appearances in all competitions for the Eredivisie outfit, scoring a total 15 goals.

Rashica provided a key assist in the 2017 KNVB Cup final. His 81st minute cross was nodded home by ex-City striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel, beyond Tim Krul in the AZ Alkmaar goal, as Vitesse claimed their first major domestic trophy.

On the international stage, Rashica has six goals across 32 senior international caps for Kosovo.

Daniel Farke said: “With Milot we have a very interesting player and we’re delighted to have been able to bring him to Norwich City.

“Many top clubs have been interested in his signature over the last seasons and he was quite often connected with a big money move.

“In Germany he spent his time with Werder Bremen, who were struggling a bit last season, but Milot is a player full of potential. He’s quick and smart in his movements, technically good and great in finishing and assisting goals.

“He has delivered many end products and although he is young, he has played many games at the top level.

“He’s a player who can do something outstanding in the offence. We also got the feeling from his age, ability, potential and personality that he will fit in quite well to our group. We hope that he can improve our offensive game.

“He can play a number of positions, as a winger, striker or number ten. He’s a pretty versatile player and we’re happy to be able to bring a quality player in.”

The transfer is subject to international clearance and approval from the regulatory governing bodies.
[/article]

Last edited:
Matthias Jaissle - FC Red Bull Salzburg (Head Coach)

[article]
In the summer, Matthias Jaissle will take the post of head coach and has signed a two-year contract. The 33-year-old is a former player for TSG Hoffenheim in the German Bundelsiga (65 appearances), who became a coach at an early age after suffering a serious knee injury. He has previously coached at Bröndby, the U18 team of the Red Bull Football Academy and FC Liefering, where he has currently taken the youngest team in the division to an impressive second place. A detailed profile of Matthias Jaissle can be found HERE!

Christoph Freund:
In Matthias Jaissle, we are giving another young coach a chance, and are therefore determinedly following our path. He is an ideal candidate for our head coach position as he fits our club philosophy and the way we play football 100%.

Matthias Jaissle:
I am pleased to get this chance and the big job of coaching FC Red Bull Salzburg. The style and outlook of this club matches my approach as a coach really closely, and I would like to thank them for the faith they have placed in me.

[/article]

[article]
HE IS TAKING OVER THE REINS OF OUR RED BULLS FROM THE START OF THE NEW SEASON. MATTHIAS JAISSLE MAY BE UNKNOWN TO MANY, BUT THE 33-YEAR-OLD HAS LONG ATTRACTED THE ATTENTION OF THOSE IN THE KNOW.

Matthias Jaissle was born in 1988 and grew up in Neckartailfingen, to the south of Stuttgart in Germany. The town is named after the River Neckar, which meanders all the way from there past the stadium of VfB Stuttgart, Jaissle's first football stomping ground. Between the ages of 13 and 18 he played for the club, before he left to join TSV Hoffenheim - who were a regional league side at the time. Their coach Ralf Rangnick immediately made him a regular starter as the Blue and Whites moved up all the way to the German Bundesliga within two seasons. Jaissle was part of the team that even topped the Bundesliga table at the halfway point of the following season.

After suffering a cruciate ligament tear in 2009, things got tough for Jaissle the footballer. Further injuries the following year, including a torn Achilles tendon, forced him to hang up his boots at the age of just 26. Jaissle began to coach straight away instead, and soon found his way to Leipzig, where he was assistant coach to Sebastian Hoeneß for the U16 team. He later moved to Denmark to work as assistant coach to Alexander Zorniger at top-flight side Bröndby IF. At the start of 2019/20 he took up the offer to become U18 coach at the Red Bull Football Academy. He then succeeded Bo Svensson as coach of FC Liefering last winter. He has won eight of 12 matches in this role and his side are in the running for the title in the Austrian second division.

He will now take over the reins from Jesse Marsch when he leaves for Leipzig at the end of the season. It will be Jaissle's first time as a head coach of a top-flight side. He has signed a contract running until summer 2023.[/article]

Hakan Çalhanoğlu - Inter Milan (free transfer)

[article]FC Internazionale Milano can confirm that Hakan Çalhanoğlu has joined the Nerazzurri. The 27-year-old midfielder has signed a deal with the Club lasting until 30 June 2024. [/article]

Izzy Brown - Preston North End (free transfer)

[article]Preston North End are pleased to announce Izzy Brown will join the club on 1st July on a one-year deal, with the option of an extra year, following the expiration of his contract at Chelsea.

The 24-year-old, who has played in all attacking areas both wide and centrally throughout his career, has been with the Blues since 2013, but has spent most of that time out on loan.

He arrives with 80 games worth of experience in the Championship and experience of promotion into the Premier League with Huddersfield Town in 2017.

Speaking to iFollow after signing, Izzy said: “I’m over the moon to finally get this done. It’s been in the works for a couple of weeks now, but I’m absolutely delighted to be here.

“Now I’m getting to that age where I want to develop myself as a player and hopefully be a legend at a club, and I really feel like Preston’s a place where I could do that.”

Izzy has become the club’s third signing of the summer window, following Liam Lindsay and Sepp van den Berg through the door.

Head coach Frankie McAvoy added: “He’s got good pedigree. He’s got great experience in terms of playing in the Championship and an ex-Chelsea player from a young age.

“He’s had quite a few loans over his time, some he’s done well, others maybe latterly not done as well as he hoped, so he just needs to find that self-belief again and confidence. But we’re certainly getting a player with undoubted talent, very offensive and we’re looking forward to working with him.

“He can play across the front, but probably his preferred position is a ten behind a striker or two, depending on how we play. He can also play in pockets off right and left, so he adds that bit of versatility to our front players and I think if we can get him up and running, believing in himself, being confident in his own ability then I’m sure he’ll endear himself to the Preston faithful.”[/article]

Alberto Encinas - Leverkusen (Coach)

[article]Bayer 04 have further strengthened the team under new head coach Gerardo Seoane. The Werkself have brought in the Spaniard Alberto Encinas Pozo as an additional coach. The 39-year-old joins Leverkusen from the top Spanish club Barcelona. Encinas has been the assistant coach of the Catalans' U19 team since 2017. In the spring of 2018 he also took over the same role with the Barca B team.

“Alberto Encinas has been on our radar for a while. He has been very successful in the youth section at Barcelona. It was his responsibility to develop young players and prepare them for more challenging tasks at Barca," said Bayer 04 sporting director Simon Rolfes. "We have high expectations of him particularly in terms of working with our young players."

The Spaniard views his move to Leverkusen as "a great opportunity to put my ideas and abilities into action at a big German club. The move abroad attracts me and Bayer 04 have again and again led young players to the top of European football for many years," said Encinas. "We want to follow that tradition and I'd like to make my contribution and be successful with Leverkusen."
[/article]

Kevin-Prince Boateng - Hertha Berlin (free transfer)

[article]
Kevin-Prince Boateng is returning to Berlin, back to his hometown and back to the club for whom he made his Bundesliga debut in 2006. The attacking midfielder joins from Serie B club AC Monza and has signed a contract running until 2022. "Kevin-Prince Boateng knows Hertha BSC, the Bundesliga and Berlin. He won't need long to settle in. Prince's leadership qualities are a great addition to our team, both on and off the pitch. He has also proven his skills as a player at the highest level for several years. Overall, everything about this transfer is right," said sporting director Fredi Bobic, who knows Boateng from their time together at Eintracht Frankfurt. For the Berlin native, it's a return to where his career as a professional footballer once began. "It's no secret that I'd always been eyeing a return to Hertha BSC. The fact that it's finally worked out makes me very proud. I'm eager to get started, and to play in front of a sold-out Ostkurve at the Olympiastadion with the lads," Boateng said. The 34-year-old will wear the number 27 shirt for the 'Old Lady.'

Italian champion, DFB-Pokal winner, Spanish champion

Boateng joined the Hertha BSC academy as a seven year old and moved up through the ranks of the club's youth sides, before breaking into the first-team squad in 2005. He made a combined 53 appearances for Hertha (five goals, nine assists) in the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and UEFA Cup, before joining Tottenham Hotspur in 2007. Following a loan spell at Borussia Dortmund and a stint at Portsmouth, Boateng joined AC Milan, where he became an Italian champion in 2011, before joining Genoa. In 2013, the midfielder returned to Germany, playing two seasons at FC Schalke 04. He then moved to Spain for a stint at UD Las Palmas before returning to Germany once again in summer 2017, this time at Eintracht Frankfurt. Together with former Herthaner Marius Wolf and Bobic, Boateng won the DFB-Pokal in 2018. Boateng, who has appeared in 33 UEFA Champions League matches, then returned to Italy to join Sassuolo. In early 2019, he joined Barcelona on a six-month loan where he won the Spanish league alongside Lionel Messi and Co. Following the end of his loan, Boateng made his way back to Italy, joining Fiorentina before going on loan to Beşiktaş. In September 2020, the Ghana international (15 caps) joined AC Monza - his final stop before returning home to Berlin!
[/article]

Nico Gonzalez - Fiorentina (€27m inclusive of add ons)

[article]
Nico Gonzalez has officially joined Fiorentina, signing a five-year deal.

The Argentinean winger joins the Stadio Artemio Franchi for a reported €27m fee.

“ACF Fiorentina is delighted to announce the signing of Argentina forward Nicolas Gonzalez from VfB Stuttgart on a permanent transfer,” La Viola’s official announcement reads.

“Nicolas Gonzalez was born in Belen de Escobar, Argentina on 6 April 1998. After coming through the youth ranks at Argentinos Juniors, he broke into the first team in 2016/17, helping them gain promotion to the top flight. In 2018 he joined Stuttgart and went on to make 79 appearances and score 23 goals for the German outfit.

“Gonzalez also has eight senior Argentina caps and two goals to his name.

“The 23-year-old, who is currently involved in the Copa America with his national team, has signed a five-year contract with Fiorentina.”
[/article]

Ryan Wintle - Cardiff (free transfer)

[article]Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Ryan Wintle, subject to international clearance.

The midfielder joins on a free transfer from Crewe Alexandra and has agreed a three-year deal with the Bluebirds.

24-year-old Wintle was with the Railwaymen from 2015, making his professional debut at the age of 18. He went on to make 186 appearances in all competitions across six seasons at Gresty Road.

"I'm buzzing that it's sorted and I'm so happy to be here," Ryan told Cardiff City TV.

"I'm all-action, I'd say. I get forward, I get back and hopefully I'll try and be a fans' favourite and do everything that they want from me.

"I spoke to [Perry Ng] as soon as I found out about the interest and he had a very high regard for this place.

"When we didn't have a game I watched Cardiff because I was watching Perry. Now I'm here as a player so hopefully we can win games together!

"I then came down, spoke to the Manager, was very happy with what I heard and I couldn't wait to join.

"I'm one of those players that will wear their heart on their sleeve and hopefully I can repay the faith that he's placed in me."
[/article]

Angus Gunn joins Norwich City (£2.5m rising to £5m)

[article]Norwich City have completed the permanent signing of goalkeeper Angus Gunn from Southampton.

Gunn, a boyhood City fan, has put pen to paper on a four-year contract.

Born in Norwich and son to Canaries legend Bryan, Angus returns to the club he spent the beginning of his youth career at, as well as a season on loan from Manchester City in 2017-18.

Gunn was ever-present that season, playing all 46 games of City’s Sky Bet Championship campaign under Daniel Farke.

His performances earned him third place in the fan-voted Player of the Season award behind James Maddison and Grant Hanley.

After returning to Manchester City, Gunn moved to Southampton, where he got his first taste of the Premier League during the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.

Last season, Gunn made 15 appearances on loan at Stoke City, keeping six clean sheets in the Sky Bet Championship.

Discussing his return to the place where his career began, Gunn said: “It was a few years ago since I was here on loan, and it was an unbelievable feeling then. Getting the deal done feels the same, if not better, because it’s more of a permanent thing.

“I’m really looking forward to it. It’s the club that I grew up supporting and the strides that it has made over the last few years show it’s a club still on the up.

“On the pitch, they’ve been doing great things. Off the pitch, coming back and seeing the training ground and what it is today is another thing they’ve progressed with.

“Hopefully, this season we can get our place in the Premier League and make sure that we have a good start and stay there.

“I spoke with Daniel [Farke] and Ed [Wootten], the goalkeeping coach, a few times over the summer, and they’re relationships that I have had for years now. They know a lot about me, and I know a lot about them.

“I’m looking forward to getting back here, enjoying my football and winning some games for Norwich.”

Head coach Daniel Farke added: “We got the feeling that Angus will be the perfect fit to our goalkeeping group.

“We’ve got two very experienced goalkeepers in Tim Krul and Michael McGovern and a young goalkeeper in Daniel Barden. Angus fits perfectly into this goalkeeping team.

“He’s in a perfect age and is full of potential. He’s proven that he can play on the top level and was fantastic for us three seasons ago. He played almost each and every second for us and of course he has a huge identification and connection with the football club through his father.

“He has had a call-up to the England national team and there was a big money move to Southampton. That says a lot about his potential.

“After he was our number one goalkeeper three years ago we got the feeling that we helped give him the perfect platform.

“We needed a strong addition to our goalkeeping squad and for the short, medium and long term we believe that Angus is the perfect fit.”[/article]

Davy Propper - PSV (reportedly €5m)

[article]
Midfielder Davy Propper has re-joined Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old brings an end to a four-year spell at the Amex, having joined in 2017 for a then club record fee ahead of Albion’s debut Premier League season.

Propper was a regular in the Albion starting XI in his first three years with the club, but an injury hit final campaign saw him make just seven Premier League appearances.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “Davy has been great to work with during my two years here and he has played an important role in maintaining the club’s Premier League status since he joined the club.

“He is well thought of around the club and it was frustrating for both him and I that he had a number of setbacks with injuries last season. This move gives him the chance to hopefully play more regularly and we wish him the best of luck with his future career."

Davy departs having played 121 times, scoring twice, as well as being a part of the side that reached the Emirates FA Cup semi-finals in 2019.
[/article]

Takuma Asano - Bochum (free transfer)

[article]
VfL Bochum confirmed Twenty-six-year-old forward Takuma Asano on Wednesday. The once-promising Japanese international joins VfL 1848 on a free after having been given his outright release from Serbia's FK Partizan this summer.

Once signed by EPL giants Arsenal FC as a highly touted prospect, Asano was twice parked in the Bundesliga on loan by the Gunners. He spent the 2017/18 season in Swabia with VfB Stuttgart and played for Hannover 96 during the 2018/19 campaign. The player never made a Premiership appearance.

Internationally speaking, Asano just missed out on Vahid Halihodzic's 2018 FIFA World Cup squad. Many will recall the controversy surrounding that choice as the JFA pressured its Bosnian trainer to take veterans with him to Russia in place of the next generation Halihodzic wished to build. Asan did make Hajime Moriyasu's January 2019 Asian Continental Championship roster, but had to withdraw because of injury.

During his time at Stuttgart and Hannover, Asano made a cumulative total of 60 Bundesliga appearances. He netted six goals and registered six assists. After Arsenal parted company with him, he's played the last two seasons in Serbia. The winger/forward did not necessarily leave Belgrade on friendly terms. Club and player will find themselves fighting a protracted legal battle over a contract dispute.

"We are delighted that Takuma has chosen the VfL," club sporting director Sebastian Schindzierlorz said in a statement, "He is internationally experienced, knows the Bundesliga, and German football."

It appears as if Asano will not factor into the Tokyo Olympics and should be in the Bundesrepublik by early July.
[/article]

Flynn Clarke - Norwich (undisclosed fee)

[article]Norwich City have completed the signing of midfielder Flynn Clarke from Peterborough United for an undisclosed fee.

Clarke, 18, has put pen to paper on a professional contract with the Canaries.

The midfielder arrives from recently promoted Peterborough United, where he made 11 senior appearances. Clarke made his first-team league debut for the Posh in September 2020 against Accrington Stanley at age 17.

Clarke went on to represent Peterborough in three more league matches in their League One title-winning campaign, bagging his first senior assist against Rochdale in December 2020.

The young midfielder also impressed in the Posh’s Papa John’s Trophy run earlier in the 2020/21 season, being awarded Player of the Round after he scored three goals in three games in the group stage of the tournament.

Discussing his move to the Canaries, Clarke said: “This is a great club and I feel absolutely delighted to sign here. I’m over the moon.

“Norwich have a reputation for the work they do with their younger players. They try to make a pathway for them and that really opened my eyes and grabbed my attention.

“The club also recently got promoted to the Premier League, so it feels like a no-brainer for me.

“I’d like to try to make a breakthrough to the senior team, I’d like to show all the fans, staff and players around me what I’m capable of and hopefully I can get a shirt.”

Clarke will initially form part of the club’s development and academy setup.[/article]

Philippe Montanier - Toulouse (Head Coach)

[article]Ligue 2 side Toulouse on Wednesday announced the hire of Philippe Montanier as manager on a 2-year contract.

The ex-RC Lens manager is bringing Mickaël Debève with him as an assistant, with whom he already worked at RCL.

This comes following Les Violets’ decision to sack manager Patrice Garande.[/article]

Caden Clark - RB Leipzig (undisclosed fee)

[article]Promising talent from the USA! RB Leipzig have signed Caden Clark from New York Red Bulls. The 18-year-old has signed a contract until June 2024 and will return to the MLS outfit on loan.

Caden Clark is an attacking midfielder who can play both on the wings and through the middle. Clark spent his youth career at Minnesota Thunder and was also part of the Barcelona youth setup before moving to New York Red Bulls in February 2020. Initially starting out in the second team, the 18-year-old made the step up to the MLS and scored the winning goal against Atalanta United on his debut on 11th October.

Clark has been a regular this season, starting all eight of his side's league games so far, scoring four goals and providing one assist. He is currently sidelined for a few weeks after undergoing an appendectomy.

We wish you all the best this season with New York Red Bulls, Caden, and look forward to greeting you in Leipzig![/article]

Callum Connolly - Blackpool (free transfer)

[article]Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Callum Connolly on an initial two-year contract, which includes an option for a further 12-months.

The in-demand defender, who has represented England at various youth levels, moves to Bloomfield Road from Everton, having risen through the academy ranks at Goodison Park.

Capable of playing across the back line or in midfield, the 23-year-old has amassed Championship and League One experience during loan spells with the likes of Wigan Athletic and Ipswich Town.

More recently, Connolly spent 18 months on the Fylde Coast with Fleetwood Town, where he made 57 appearances and captained the club.

On joining Blackpool, Callum Connolly said:

“I’m delighted to be here. For the last few weeks I’ve been speaking to the gaffer about where he was going to play me, the belief in the squad and where he wants to take the team. The Club’s going to be playing Championship football again, and it sounds very promising to be a Blackpool player.”

Neil Critchley added:

“Callum is a player I’ve admired for some time. He’s ambitious, wants to challenge himself and has the attributes, character and values that we want here at Blackpool. He’s had previous Championship experience on loan with various clubs and now wants a permanent home to play his football.

“I’m delighted to welcome him to the Club. His best years are still to come, and we’re looking forward to working with him and helping him develop and improve his game further.”[/article]

Last edited:
Valerien Ismael - West Brom (Head Coach, £2m)

[article]West Bromwich Albion are delighted to confirm the appointment of Valérien Ismaël as the club’s new Head Coach.

Ismaël has signed a four-year contract at The Hawthorns after Albion agreed a compensation package with Barnsley. The Frenchman guided the Tykes to an impressive fifth-placed finish in the Sky Bet Championship last season.

The 45-year-old is set to arrive in the United Kingdom later this week and will follow Government COVID-19 quarantine rules prior to joining his first-team squad for pre-season training.

Chief Executive Officer, Xu Ke, also known as Ken, is delighted to have recruited Ismaël and is confident the former Nuremberg, Wolfsburg, LASK and Barnsley boss is the right man to lead Albion into the new campaign and beyond.

He said: “I am delighted to welcome Valérien to The Hawthorns. Valérien has established a reputation as an excellent coach and I have been impressed by his professionalism, enthusiasm and hunger to succeed. His performance last season with Barnsley, and his coaching career to date, all point to a man who has a long, successful career in front of him. It is my hope that he is with us for at least the next four years.

“I am confident that by working together we will be able to achieve our goal of returning to the Premier League, but success is earned by building on strong foundations, and our plans must now look further into the future. For too long we have focused only on what is immediately in front of us. This means we have often neglected our long-term aspirations.

“We are all aware of what will be required in order to be successful and player recruitment will be of the utmost importance. Valérien and I will immediately focus on preparing the squad for the new season, working together with Ian Pearce, our Head of Recruitment, to secure talented transfer targets who will strengthen us for the challenges ahead, ensuring fans are once more proud to support this great club.

“I am excited to be working with Valérien and I am sure we will soon establish a strong relationship that will be to the benefit of the football club and its supporters.”
[/article]

Nathan Collins - Burnley (£12m)

[article]
Burnley Football Club is delighted to have completed the signing of highly regarded defender Nathan Collins as their first new signing of the summer transfer window.

Collins joins the Clarets from Stoke City for an undisclosed fee after agreeing a four-year contract with the option for a further year at Turf Moor.

The 20-year-old made 49 first-team appearances for Stoke – including 39 in the Championship – after graduating from the academy set-up at the Bet365 Stadium.

Having started his career as a youngster at Dublin-based club Cherry Orchard, Collins had been at Stoke since 2017.

The central defender – who has been capped up to U21 level by the Republic of Ireland – made his first-team debut for Stoke in April, 2019.

Collins then signed a new five-year contract with the Potters in June, 2019 and became the club’s youngster ever captain when he led Stoke against Leeds United in the opening month of the 2019/20 season.

The commanding centre-back, who has also operated as a right-back, then further cemented his place in the City side under former Northern Ireland boss Michael O’Neill last season with a string of impressive performances, before a foot injury sustained in mid-February curtailed his campaign.

Now fully recovered, Collins moves into the Premier League for the first time with the Clarets and Sean Dyche’s squad as they prepare for a sixth successive season of top-flight football.

“We are extremely pleased to have secured the services of Nathan, who has been much sought after as one of the most promising young players in the country," said Burnley chairman Alan Pace.

"We believe he will be an excellent addition and we see his signing as an ideal start to our summer’s business and the new collaborative approach to transfer activity now in place at the club, through our technical committee that involves the manager and his coaching staff, the scouting and recruitment teams, along with our data analytics department.”
[/article]

Dinos Mavropanos - Stuttgart (loan)

[article]Dinos Mavropanos has re-signed for Stuttgart on loan for the 2021/22 season.

The 23-year-old defender rejoins the Bundesliga side after spending last season on loan there, making 21 appearances.

Dinos also enjoyed experience in Germany during the 2019/20 season, making 12 appearances with FC Nuremburg in a loan spell from January 2020.

The Greece international joined us in January 2018 from PAS Giannina and has made eight first-team appearances
during his time with us.

We wish Dinos all the best with Stuttgart again next season.

The loan deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.[/article]

Last edited:
Pierre-Kunde Malong - Olympiacos (€1.5m plus add ons)

[article]The transfer of Mainz midfielder and Cameroon international Pierre-Kunde Malong to Olympiacos Piräus was officially confirmed on Wednesday evening.

Slightly later than expected, both the Bundesliga's FSV Mainz 05 and Greek Superclub Olympiakos Piraeus confirmed the transfer of Pierre-Kunde Malong late Wednesday. The two clubs agreed not to divulge financial terms of the deal, but German footballing magazine Kicker reports that the transfer fee totals some €1.5 million plus unspecified bonuses.

If the reported number is true, Mainz ended up getting far less for the player than they had hoped for during negotiations purported to have taken place this weekend. Malong, who sometimes goes by the moniker "Kunde", departs the Bundesrepublik having made 70 appearances for the Rheinhessen over the course of three seasons.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom