• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manuel Locatelli - Juventus (two-year loan with obligation to buy for a total of up to €37.5m)

[article]Juventus have officially signed Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo on a two-year loan with obligation to buy for a total of up to €37.5m.

The precise details of the deal were laid out in an official statement released by Juventus.

“Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement with U.S. Sassuolo Calcio for the free temporary acquisition, until 30 June 2023, of the registration rights of the player Manuel Locatelli has been finalized.

“The agreement entails the obligation for Juventus to definitely acquire the player’s registration rights, subject to the achievement of certain given sporting objectives by the end of the season 2022/23.

“The agreed consideration for the definitive acquisition is €25m, payable in three years.

“Furthermore, a maximum of €12.5m of cumulative bonuses are envisaged upon achievement of further sporting performance objectives.”

The ‘sporting objectives’ are very simple, namely the obligation to buy is activated the moment Juventus earn their first Serie A point of the season.

In that sense, it is very much a guarantee rather than an option, which is what Sassuolo demanded before letting Locatelli go.

Indeed, the Sassuolo version of the statement makes clear this is “a two-season loan with obligation to buy.”

The 23-year-old Italy international had his medical in Turin this morning and posed with fans before signing the contract to June 2026.

Juventus needed it to be a two-year loan because they had a very similar deal with Fiorentina for Federico Chiesa and the payment for him is due next summer.[/article]
[article]Juventus’ midfield has been enriched with the arrival of another young name, whose talent is most certainly undeniable: Manuel Locatelli, 23, born in Lecco on 8th January 1998, who joins Juventus from Sassuolo.

Manuel’s arrival increases the tally of Italian Bianconeri who took part in the Azzurri’s incredible EURO 2020-winning campaign to five, together with Federico Bernardeschi, Leonardo Bonucci, Giorgio Chiellini and Federico Chiesa. And just like them, Locatelli proved to be one of the protagonists in the competition: his brace alone against Switzerland is just proof of this.

In addition to his goals, Manuel is an absolute quality and security in midfield, bringing a level of class that few have. The giant steps he has made in the top-flight, after a period at Atalanta and Milan’s youth teams, only confirms this.

Since making his Serie A debut with Milan (21st April 2016), he is the youngest outfield player to have played at least 100 appearances in the Italian top-flight (144 appearances, with eight goals and 11 assists). Whilst on duty with Sassuolo last season (the team he joined in 2019 from Milan), Locatelli was recorded as having made the most passes in Serie A (2,749), while also successfully completing the greatest number of passes (1,358). That’s not all, his stats also showed that he won the most tackles in the top-flight, with 81 to his name.

If his medal as winner of the European Championship doesn’t speak for itself, there is more interesting data to be seen: since making his Azzurri debut (7th September 2020), he is one of the players with the most appearances, 15, all while scoring three goals (two of which came in the Euro as previously mentioned). It was with that brace that Manuel became the third player to score two goals with Italy at the European Championships, after Pierluigi Casiraghi during the EURO 1996 and Mario Balotelli at EURO 2012.

In short, the numbers, despite his young age, tell of a lad with superb talent and the personality of a veteran. Of someone who has already made his mark. And that he will now continue to do so in Black and White of Juventus.

Welcome, Loca![/article]

Aleix Vidal - Espanyol (free transfer)

[article]
Espanyol have snapped up fullback Aleix Vidal from Sevilla.

Vidal has become Espanyol's third signing this summer. The 32 year old wide man arrives on a free transfer and signed a two year deal, plus one more additional year.

He'll reinforce the club's right side, at winger or at full-back, given he can play both.

Aleix has played 343 games for Spanish clubs, including at America, Sevilla, Barca and Alaves. He had a quick period at Espanyol in 07-08, arriving from Reus, but left after not finding any opportunities there back then.

He was presented after passing his medical on Wednesday, along with Manu Morlanes, who has been signed on loan from Villarreal.[/article]

Juan Jesus - Napoli (free transfer)

[article]Napoli have signed free agent Juan Jesus.

The 30 year-old Brazilian defender joins Napoli after his release from Roma.

His previous clubs include Internacional and Inter, while he has four senior caps for Brazil and won the Under-20 World Cup in 2011.

Juan Jesus has signed a one-year deal with Napoli with the option for another 12 months.[/article]

Emerson Palmieri - Lyon (loan for €500k + add ons up to €500k)

[article]
Emerson Palmieri will spend the remainder of the 2021/22 season in Ligue 1 after completing a loan move to Lyon.

The 27-year-old defender, who can play at left-back or wing-back, will get his first taste of French football following three-and-a-half years at Stamford Bridge.

During that time, the Italian international has made 71 appearances
and secured a clean sweep of European honours, scoring a memorable late goal in our Champions League last-16 victory over Atletico Madrid last term.

Prior to that, he claimed an assist for Olivier Giroud in the 2018/19 Europa League final, initiating his thirst for silverware success in European competition following his transfer from Roma in January 2018.

On the international stage, Emerson made four appearances at Euro 2020, including in the final against England as the Azzurri triumphed on penalties, the latest of his 19 Italy caps.

After coming off the bench for the final few minutes of last weekend’s 3-0 Premier League victory against Crystal Palace, he will now spend the season with Lyon, who have one point from their opening two league matches this term and will play in the Europa League.
[/article]

Last edited:
Rafa Mir - Sevilla (€15m)

[article]
Wolves can confirm striker Rafa Mir has joined La Liga outfit Sevilla.

Having helped Spain to a silver medal at the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo this summer, the 24-year-old is returning to his homeland, bringing an end to his three years at Molineux.

Although he only featured four times for Wolves after moving to England back in 2018, Mir enjoyed two successful loan spells in Spain, the first with Las Palmas during the 2018/19 campaign, before returning to the second tier later in the following season, helping Huesca to the title and La Liga promotion.

A full year in the Spanish top-flight followed last season, with Mir scoring 16 times in 39 appearances for Huesca, alerting six-time Europa League champions Sevilla, who have taken the striker back to La Liga on a permanent basis.

Scott Sellars, Wolves technical director, said: “Rafa came to us as a young boy and now he’s leaving us having developed his career, but still looking to progress.

“Joining Sevilla is a good move for him and a good move for Wolves as well. He’s going back to La Liga, a league where he wants to play and where he’s had very successful loan spells, especially the last two years at Huesca.

“This has given him a lot of confidence to progress onto the next step in his career, and we’re pleased to have helped him in that journey.”
[/article]

Last edited:
Rodrigo Muniz - Fulham (€8m + 25% sell on fee)

[article]Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Rodrigo Muniz from Flamengo for an undisclosed fee.

The exciting young striker has signed a five-year deal, with the Club holding an option to extend by a further year.

After finalising the deal, Muniz said: “I am pleased about this new challenge. I've always dreamed of playing in Europe, in a league like the Championship, and I'm very motivated to do a great job.

“Fulham is a very important club in England with much history. They presented me with an excellent proposal and a career project that was fundamental in my decision.

“Fulham is a traditional club in England, over 140 years old, and had great players who made their careers in different teams worldwide. It has a sensational structure and a passionate crowd.

“Marco Silva is a great coach, young and with great potential. He likes to work with young athletes, and I know that I will evolve a lot with him daily, together with my teammates.

“I hope to learn a lot from him, his staff, and my teammates as well.”[/article]

Matija Nastasic - Fiorentina (undisclosed fee)

[article]
Matija Nastasic has completed his transfer to Fiorentina from Schalke 04, a return to the club he left in 2012.

It was announced via a cheeky tweet showing the full circle of his journey from Belgrade to Florence, Manchester, Gelsenkirchen and back to Florence again.

The 28-year-old centre-back is the replacement for German Pezzella, who moved to Real Betis Balompie this week.

He was available for a minimal fee after Schalke’s relegation, and as his contract with the Germans only ran to June 2022.

The Serbia international already wore the Viola jersey in 2011-12, with two goals in 29 competitive appearances for the club, before making the €15.2m move to Manchester City.

He went on to Schalke and now returns to the Stadio Artemio Franchi, where he’ll form a defensive partnership with fellow Serbian Nikola Milenkovic, who just extended his contract to June 2023.

Nastasic has 28 senior caps under his belt for Serbia and can also play as a left-back when needed.
[/article]

Alessandro Florenzi - Milan (loan for €1m with an option to buy for €4m)

[article]
Alessandro Florenzi confirms he had offers from abroad, but Milan ‘wanted me more than anyone’ and he was completely won over by Paolo Maldini.

He completed the transfer today, on loan from Roma for €1m with an option to buy at the end of the season for a further €4m.

“I was above all pushed by the desire Milan had to sign me. They wanted me more than anyone, including the teams from abroad, so I wanted to go into this with great hunger and determination. I can’t wait to get on the pitch,” Florenzi told Milan TV.

Negotiations also went smoothly thanks to directors Frederic Massara, formerly of Roma, and Maldini.

“I’ve known Frederic for a while and his insistence, along with that of Maldini, was certainly a bonus. They wanted me and that’s what I was looking for.

“Today, for the first time, I tasted truly what Paolo Maldini is all about. He’s a legend of this club and has an aura similar to Francesco Totti or Daniele De Rossi at Roma. Men like that are untouchable, not just for what they gave to their clubs, but also to all of Italian football.”

Florenzi brings with him valuable experience, especially after being part of Italy’s squad at UEFA EURO 2020.

“That is an indelible memory and teammates I will be bonded with for the rest of my life. I do consider myself to be an experienced figure, even if I am only 30 years old, and I want to bring that to this club. With Simon Kjaer, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Olivier Giroud, we can share that experience with the talented younger players. I feel mature on a football level.”

Florenzi has chosen the Number 25 jersey at Milan because it “reminds me of a happy experience.”
[/article]

Morgan Rogers - Bournemouth (loan with option to buy)

[article]
AFC Bournemouth have completed the signing of exciting teenage winger Morgan Rogers.

Rogers has joined the Cherries on a season-long loan from Premier League champions Manchester City in a move which could be made permanent with an option as part of the agreement.

The versatile 19-year-old, who can operate anywhere across the front three, had been attracting interest from a number of Premier League and Championship clubs.

Rogers becomes head coach Scott Parker’s fifth addition, following Emiliano Marcondes, Leif Davis, Orjan Nyland and Gary Cahill to Vitality Stadium.

AFC Bournemouth chief executive Neill Blake told afcb.co.uk: “Morgan has all the attributes to become an outstanding player which Manchester City clearly recognised when they signed him.

“He had a good grounding in the academy at West Brom and enjoyed a fruitful loan spell with Lincoln City in League One last season, helping them reach the play-off final.

“We are absolutely delighted to have secured his services and he can only add to what is a young, talented and exciting squad of players – we very much look forward to working with him.”

Halesowen-born Rogers progressed through the academy ranks at West Brom and made his debut as a 15-year-old when he featured in their under-23s’ EFL Trophy defeat by Walsall in September 2017.

He made his professional debut in an FA Cup fourth-round replay against Brighton in February 2019 before Manchester City signed him in August 2019 after Rogers had impressed against them in the FA Youth Cup semi-final in April 2019.

Rogers enjoyed a productive loan spell with Lincoln City during the second half of last season, netting six goals in 28 games as they reached the League One play-offs.

He won the EFL League One young player of the month after scoring three goals in seven games in March 2021 and started both legs of their semi-final against Sunderland and the final when the Imps lost out to Blackpool at Wembley.

On the international front, Rogers has represented England at under-15, 16, 17 and 18 level and scored a hat-trick in a 6-2 win over Belgium as the Young Lions lifted the Under-17 Syrenka Cup in 2018.
[/article]

Luca Waldschmidt - Wolfsburg (€12m)

[article]VfL Wolfsburg have signed Germany international Luca Waldschmidt from Portuguese top-flight side Benfica on a four-year contract valid until 2025. The 25-year-old forward will wear the number 28 shirt for the Green-and-Whites. “We’ve been following Luca’s development for a while now and we’re happy he’s decided to come to VfL,” said sporting director Marcel Schäfer. “Luca has already demonstrated in the Bundesliga, and elsewhere, that he’s a very dangerous forward who can play anywhere in attack, so he’s very flexible. He’s perfectly suited to our team, not just in terms of his footballing ability but also his personality. He’s far from the end of his development and so we’re looking forward to pursuing our objectives with him.”

Waldschmidt made the breakthrough into first-team football at Eintracht Frankfurt after graduating from the club’s youth academy. Following a spell at Hamburger SV, where he scored once in 17 appearances, he joined SC Freiburg ahead of the 2018/19 campaign. There he struck 17 times in 56 competitive outings over two years, before moving to Benfica in 2020, registering nine goals in 29 league appearances in Portugal.

“I’m really happy to be back in the Bundesliga,” Waldschmidt said. “I really wanted to come back. After I started talking to the VfL management team, I soon knew that making the step to VfL Wolfsburg is exactly the right one for me. I like the path the club is on, and their philosophy and ambitions are completely in alignment with mine. I know two or three of the guys already and now I’m looking forward to getting to know the rest of the team and the surroundings. I want to contribute as quickly as I can to VfL achieving their aims in the Bundesliga and on the European stage.”

During his time at Freiburg, Waldschmidt broke into the senior Germany national team, having previously represented his country at every level from the U16s upwards. Joachim Löw, Germany head coach at the time, called the forward up in September 2019 for the European Championship qualifying double-header against the Netherlands and Northern Ireland. Waldschmidt made his debut on 9 October 2019 in a 2-2 friendly draw with Argentina and has scored twice in his six subsequent international outings.[/article]

Josip Juranovic - Celtic (£2.5m)

[article]Croatia defender Josip Juranovic has agreed a five-year deal with Celtic.

The Parkhead club announced they had reached an agreement with Legia Warsaw for the transfer of the 26-year-old right-back, subject to the satisfaction of usual conditions and international clearance.

Juranovic will be the eighth new signing to join Ange Postecoglou's first team squad in the current window, following Osaze Urhoghide, Liam Shaw, Liel Abada, Joe Hart, James McCarthy, Carl Starfelt and Kyogo Furuhashi.

Postecoglou told the club's official website: "We are absolutely delighted to be bringing Josip to the club and we are sure he will be a great addition to the squad.

"As I have said before, everyone at the club has been working hard to add to our squad and we have made good progress.

"I am really pleased to bring Josip in to support the rest of the boys.

"We have so many challenges ahead of us and Josip will add important quality and depth.

"I am really looking forward to working with him."

Juranovic is due to join up with his new team-mates at Celtic early next week.[/article]

Florin Andone - Cadiz (loan)

[article]
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Florin Andone has joined La Liga side Cadiz CF on loan for the 2021/22 season, subject to international clearance.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “This represents a good move for all parties, with the potential for Florin to play regular football, something he hasn’t had the chance to do in the last year or so due to injury.

“He has worked really hard on his rehabilitation, is ready to play and now wants to be playing regularly. We wish him well for the loan spell and the season ahead in La Liga.”

The 28-year-old missed the entirety of last season due to a serious knee injury he sustained while out on loan with Turkish side Galatasaray.

He has made 30 appearances for Albion since joining from Deportivo La Coruna in 2018, scoring six goals.

[/article]

Pol Lirola - Marseille (€6.5m plus add ons up to €6.5m)

Brandon Williams - Norwich (loan)

[article]
Norwich City have completed the signing of Manchester United defender Brandon Williams.

Williams, aged 20, joins the Canaries on a season-long loan deal and will wear the number 21 shirt.

An England Under-21 international, Williams has spent his entire youth and senior career so far with the Red Devils. He made his professional debut back in September 2019 and has since made 50 appearances for the club, scoring once.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Williams said: “It feels very different. It’s the first time I’ve ever played for a different club before but I’m just really excited to get started, meet everybody and get my season going.

“It’s a massive club and I like the way they play. I’ve watched them over the years and seen how they play.

“The club like to play out from the back and play football. That really inspired me to come here, and I think that the head coach can really improve me as a player.

“Everyone has been so welcoming. I’ve really enjoyed my time here already and I can’t wait to meet everybody. I’ve just got a feeling it’ll be a good year.”

Williams’ full debut for the Old Trafford club came as a substitute against Rochdale in the EFL Cup on September 25, 2019. His first start occurred the following week in a Europa League group stage match with AZ Alkmaar.

His Premier League debut came against Liverpool in October 2019 before he made his first league start for United against Brighton and Hove Albion on November 10, 2019 – after the game, he was named man of the match by the club’s supporters.

He scored his first United goal later that month in a draw away at Sheffield United.

On the international stage, Williams has featured for England’s Under-20s and Under-21s.

Head coach Daniel Farke said: “We’re really happy that we have been able to bring Brandon in. This is an exciting deal for all parties, and we thank Manchester United for allowing us the opportunity to work with Brandon.

“Brandon is a young player full of potential. He has already proven that he can perform on the top level and that he is capable of playing for Manchester United. He has many good skills and qualities.

“We wanted to bring someone in who was capable of playing in the full-back positions to strengthen our squad. Brandon has played a lot at left-back for Manchester United, but we know he is also capable of playing on the right side, too.

“With Dimitris Giannoulis we have had only one natural left-back. For that, it’s good to have Brandon in the building and hopefully he can help us achieve our targets.”

Should permission be granted from both the Premier League and the FA, Williams will be in contention to feature in City’s Carabao Cup tie against AFC Bournemouth on Tuesday evening.
[/article]

Ian Poveda - Blackburn (loan)

[article]
Rovers are delighted to announce the loan signing of exciting Leeds United winger Ian Poveda.

The 21-year-old will spend the season on loan at Ewood Park and becomes Rovers’ second summer signing following the arrival of Leighton Clarkson from Liverpool.

On the books of Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona and Manchester City in his youth days
, Poveda made his debut for the Premier League champions in a Carabao Cup tie away to Burton Albion in January 2019.

He joined Leeds 12 months later, making four appearances as Marcelo Bielsa’s side secured the Championship crown and promotion to the Premier League in 2019-20.

Last season, the England youth international made his Premier League debut in a 1-0 victory over Leeds’ local rivals Sheffield United, before making a further 13 top-flight appearances, as the Whites secured an impressive ninth-place finish.

Rovers’ new attacking addition, who can operate out wide or in an advanced midfield role, will wear the number 30 shirt and has been given permission to play in the FA Cup.

Welcome, Ian!
[/article]

Pietro Pellegri - AC Milan (loan for €1m with option to buy for €7m + sell on fee)

[article]
AC Milan is delighted to announce the signing of Pietro Pellegri from AS Monaco FC on a temporary loan basis, with the option to make the deal permanent, which becomes an obligation if certain conditions are met.

The player will wear the number 64 shirt.

Born in Genoa on 17 March 2001, the young forward made his Serie A debut on 22 December 2016, at the age of 15 years, during the Torino v Genoa match.

Pellegri made 33 appearances in Serie A (nine), Coppa Italia (one), Ligue 1 (22) and the French Cup (one), scoring a total of five goals (three in Serie A and two in Ligue 1).
[/article]

Lyanco - Southampton (€7.5m)

[article]Southampton Football Club has completed the signing of Brazilian defender Lyanco, it is delighted to announce.

The 24-year-old today finalised a transfer from Italian side Torino, putting pen to paper on a four-year contract and becoming the latest addition to Ralph Hasenhüttl’s squad this summer.

Born in Vitória, Espírito Santo, in south-east Brazil, he began his career in the youth ranks at Botafogo before going on to play for São Paulo, where he would make his professional debut in 2015.

Lyanco, who also holds Serbian nationality, featured 25 times for the club, with his form earning him a transfer to Serie A in 2017, as he signed a five-year deal with Torino.

His development continued with a loan spell at Bologna in the 2018/19 campaign, ahead of him returning to his parent club, where he has been a regular over the past two seasons, making a total of 53 appearances during his time in Turin.

On the international scene, Lyanco has represented Serbia at Under-19 level, before subsequently featuring for Brazil’s Under-20 and Under-23 teams.

Lyanco said: "I'm very happy to be here. It’s a dream that I have had since I started playing football as a child to play in the Premier League and for a team like a Southampton. It’s a dream not only for me but for all my family too.

"I grew up in Brazil and the football is different there, then when I went to Italy I learned that you have to be focused more on tactics. My dream was to play in the Premier League and play strong football, and for me English football is perfect."
[/article]

Matheus Cunha - Atletico Madrid (€26m plus 10% sell on fee)

[article]Atlético de Madrid and Hertha BSC have reached an agreement over the transfer of Matheus Cunha. The Brazilian (May 27, 1999) has signed a five-year contract.

The 22-year-old is a versatile player who can play in various positions – as a striker, winger or even attacking midfielder.

A product of the Coritiba academy, he moved to Europe in 2017 to join FC Sion, where he produced 10 goals and eight assists in 29 matches. The Brazilian then played two seasons at RB Leipzig before joining Hertha BSC in 2019. At the Bundesliga club, he has scored 13 goals and provided 10 assists.

Cunha was called up by the Brazil National Team to face Bolivia and Peru in October 2020. This summer, he won the gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics, where he played a major role. The 22-year-old started every game in the tournament – except for the semifinal game against Mexica, when he was injured – and scored three times.

Welcome, Matheus Cunha![/article]

Joaquin Correa - Inter Milan (loan for €5m with obligation to buy for €25m)

[article]
Inter have announced the signing of Joaquin Correa from Lazio.

“FC Internazionale Milano is delighted to confirm the signing of Joaquin Correa. The 27-year-old has joined the club from Lazio on an initial loan with an obligation to make the transfer permanent,” the club’s official announcement read.

“The Argentine forward has penned a contract with the Nerazzurri that runs until 30 June 2025.”

Lazio had revealed the figures of Correa’s sale shortly before Inter’s announcement.

The Biancocelesti confirmed Correa has joined the Nerazzurri on an initial €5m loan deal with an obligation to buy for €25m.

Correa arrived at Inter’s training ground this morning and is expected to be available for tomorrow’s Serie A clash against Hellas Verona.

The 27-year-old scored 30 goals in 117 appearances with Lazio during his three-year spell at the Stadio Olimpico.

The Argentinean played every Lazio game under Simone Inzaghi with whom he reunites at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
[/article]

Alen Halilović - Reading (free transfer)

[article]We are very pleased to announce that attacking midfielder Alen Halilovic has agreed to join Reading Football Club on a one-year deal.

The 25-year-old Croatian came through the youth ranks at Dinamo Zagreb and has since gone on to gain top-flight experience in Spain, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands with the likes of Barcelona and AC Milan, before spending his first season in the Championship with Birmingham last term – now, he’s ready to wear the blue and white hoops in Berkshire!

Having secured the services of Halilovic, Royals manager Veljko Paunovic said: “Creativity in any team is vital and Alen is a clever attacking midfielder with vision and an abundance of talent. Even though he has only just turned 25, importantly he has Championship experience on his CV and he has played professionally across Europe and for his country, Croatia. I am very pleased we have been able to bring Alen to the club and I look forward to working with him on the training pitch.”

Dubrovnik-born Halilovic learned his trade in the youth ranks of Dinamo Zagreb. He made his professional debut for his boyhood club in September 2012 in an ‘Eternal Derby’ clash with Hajduk Split – and in doing so became the youngest debutant in the history of the club, at the age of 16 years and 101 days.

The following month, Halilovic found the net against Slaven Belupo to become the youngest goalscorer in the history of the league, at the age of 16 years and 112 days – breaking the record set in November 2010 by his former teammate Mateo Kovacic. Later that year, he became the third youngest player to feature in the Champions League as he came off the bench against Paris Saint-Germain.

Having scored eight goals in 62 appearances for Zagreb – picking up two league titles and a Croatian Cup winners’ medal along the way – Halilovic was snapped up by Barcelona in May 2014, and debuted for the senior side in a 4-0 Copa Del Rey win over Elche. It was with Sporting Gijon that he made his La Liga breakthrough, scoring five times in 37 appearances for his loan club during 2015-16.

Hamburg SV came calling for his services in July 2016 – he made an instant impact with a debut winner against FSV Zwickau in the DFB-Pokal. And he would return to Spain on loan for both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons – earning regular top-tier football during two years with Las Palmas.

Halilovic made the move to AC Milan ahead of the 2018-19 campaign, where he would represent the Rossoneri on three occasions in the Europa League before making a loan move to Standard Liege for the second half of the season. The following season was spent in the Netherlands at Heerenveen, where he made 20 appearances before COVID-19 caused the season to be abandoned in April 2020.

The playmaker’s first taste of the rigours of Championship football came last season with Birmingham City, who he joined as a free agent in November 2020 – he made 17 appearances for the Blues and grabbed a stunning match-winner against Queens Park Rangers in February 2021.

On the international stage, Halilovic rose through Croatia’s youth ranks since Under-14 level – often playing well above his age-group. His earned a first senior international cap in June 2013, coming on as a sub Portugal – a fixture that pitted him against the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and saw him become the youngest senior international in Croatian history.

And with most of the 2021-22 campaign yet to come, Halilovic is a Royal! He has been handed the number 7 shirt, and as usual the deal is subject to ratification from the relevant football authorities.

Chief Executive Dayong Pang said: “We’re delighted to bring Alen to the club. He will add further depth to our squad and will bring with him a wealth of creativity which can only benefit the team. I’m excited to welcome him to Reading and see him represent the Royals very soon!”

Welcome to Reading, Alen![/article]

Pape Matar Sarr - Tottenham (reportedly £15m, loaned back to Metz)

[article]We are delighted to announce the signing of Pape Matar Sarr from Metz.

The Senegalese international will remain on loan at Metz in Ligue 1 for the rest of the 2021/22 season.

Still just 18, Pape joined Metz from the Generation Foot Academy in Senegal in September, 2020. He made his debut against Brest in Ligue 1 in November and went on to make 25 appearances in 2020/21, 22 in Ligue 1, three in the Coupe de France, scoring four times. He’s started another three times so far this season, picking up an assist in Metz’s 1-1 draw against Stade Reims on Sunday.

A defensive midfielder, Pape already has two senior international caps to his name for Senegal, making his debut in an African Cup of Nations qualifier against Congo in March.
[/article]

Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd (€25m plus add-ons)

[article]Manchester United is delighted to confirm that the club has reached agreement with Juventus for the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo, subject to agreement of personal terms, visa and medical.

Cristiano, a five-time Ballon d’Or winner, has so far won over 30 major trophies during his career, including five UEFA Champions League titles, four FIFA Club World Cups, seven league titles in England, Spain and Italy, and the European Championship for his native Portugal.

In his first spell for Manchester United, he scored 118 goals in 292 games.

Everyone at the club looks forward to welcoming Cristiano back to Manchester.[/article]

Moussa Sissoko - Watford (£3m)

[article]The Hornets are delighted to announce the signing of vastly experienced France international Moussa Sissoko from Tottenham Hotspur.

Sissoko, who has 70 international caps and 259 Premier League appearances to his name, has agreed a two-year contract with Watford.

The midfielder broke through at Toulouse and earned a move to England with Newcastle United in 2013, going on to make 133 appearances for the Magpies ahead of a £30m transfer to Tottenham.

During five years in North London, Sissoko played 202 times – including 42 last term – and was named in the 2018/19 Champions League Squad of the Season after playing an integral role in Tottenham’s run to the final.

The 32-year-old was also the inaugural winner of the Tottenham Hotspur Legends’ Player of the Season award in 2019.

He has represented France at the 2014 World Cup and the European Championships in 2016 and 2020, featuring against Portugal and Switzerland at the tournament just two months ago.

Sissoko will wear squad number 19.[/article]

Thomas Delaney - Sevilla (€6 million)

Another absolute snip from Sevilla, surprised Dortmund let him go for so little.

It seems the whole world is moving along....but us. This thread title should be changed to "Depressing News"

Teun Koopmeiners - Atalanta (€14m)

Tiemoue Bakayoko - AC Milan (2 year loan with option to buy for €15m)

Mathias Normann - Norwich (loan)

Ozan Kabak - Norwich (loan for €4m with option to buy for €14m)

Moise Kean - Juventus (loan with obligation to buy under certain conditions)

Conor Hourihane - Sheff Utd (loan)

Troy Deeney - Birmingham (free transfer)

Ilaix Moriba - RB Leipzig (€16m)

Abdallah Sima - Brighton (undisclosed fee), Stoke (loan)

Dan James - Leeds (£25m)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom