• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cricket World Cup 2023

India at home was always going to be a tall-order for everyone else. But they look imperious, even by their standards.

SA team are in an unfortunate situation due to things not in their control. The narrative is already set. If the result is anything but a win, they will be labelled chokers this time as well. But they have played really well so far this tournament.

SA team are in an unfortunate situation due to things not in their control. The narrative is already set. If the result is anything but a win, they will be labelled chokers this time as well. But they have played really well so far this tournament.

We're shit at chasing it seems ... need to bat first, like QdK get his century, then Markram, Rassie, Klassen and Miller put on another 250 and then let the bowlers do their thing.
But I'm expecting us to choke, or rain to fuck us up or something ... It's just the way it has to be with the Proteas.

India aren't getting beat in this tourno.

Aus/SA need to get in first, get 400, and spook them to death to stand a chance. Which I wouldn't have a pound on. If they're in first, they'll get >380, if they're chasing <350, they'll do it.

India aren't getting beat in this tourno.

Aus/SA need to get in first, get 400, and spook them to death to stand a chance. Which I wouldn't have a pound on. If they're in first, they'll get >380, if they're chasing <350, they'll do it.

Realistically speaking, neither team will do that ... India is just on a roll

Sorry to be controversial LTW, the only chance is if the Aussies whack 350-380 then get Rohit and Kohli cheap. They might panic. As said, I wouldn't have a pound on it but, who knows. India look fairly invincible right now and, fair play, more power to them; they're ace.

Sorry to be controversial LTW, the only chance is if the Aussies whack 350-380 then get Rohit and Kohli cheap. They might panic. As said, I wouldn't have a pound on it but, who knows. India look fairly invincible right now and, fair play, more power to them; they're ace.

I think south africa can get a big score... but we cannot chase, and our bowlers blow hot n cold ... should be a fun game tmw ...

Don't you think it would be better if I'm disappointed for choking now than in a final?
COME ON - have some mercy

I think would be good for SA to get in the final for the first time, my local cricket club is full of SA. Would be unbearable like rhe rugby was but have soft spot for them at times.

I think would be good for SA to get in the final for the first time, my local cricket club is full of SA. Would be unbearable like rhe rugby was but have soft spot for them at times.

are they that arrogant in terms of cricket? :)

Not so much, always moaning about the SA team but good coaches locally.

what fans don't have a good moan about hteir teams if they care?

and considering HOW MUCH we choke, or how much rain hates us (i still remember the brilliant semis against england - the world cup where jonty flew), we should be able to moan a bit! :)

Back
Top Bottom