• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cricket World Cup

Gutted for the Kiwis.
Poms rode their luck towards the end
Get to fuck! There was no luck involved. That was an incredible game where both teams played their part. Although I do have sympathy for the Kiwi's. They were outstanding. Ben Stokes...... Nothing more needs to be said :)

Na wtf the ball bouncing off the ball and running for 4 with like 3 balls left... That was a billion % luck.

Other than that... Amazing innings from Stokes held it together.

England literally won a world cup final on penalties. Luck or not..
Amazing love it.

It's pretty sad that this didn't get the national regard it deserved.. ladies football got more media traction

No luck??

Stokes getting caught by Boult who then stood on the rope, ball deflecting off Stokes bat for 4 extra runs.

He did play brilliantly though, not only today but throughout the tournament

That was incredible. Cricket is the one sport where I support England, and have since I was a young lad (whose da played cricket and despised the Aussies). Was filling up a little bit at the end watching Stokes filling up. I'm pretty sure someone was chopping onions like.

Terrible terrible luck for the Kiwis. The Boult cath + the big deflection and the fact that they still tied it in the super over.

They just weren't meant to win it. The rules are retarded btw - most boundaries? Get the fuck out. It should be fewer wickets lost if anything.

Boult's act of stupidity at the boundary was the Herschelle Gibbs moment of this WC. Like wtf? Did he think he had enough space?

Why not just focus on saving the 6?!

Kiwis were massively unlucky, they played incredibly, but I think this England team deserve to be known as champions. They've dominated one day games for the past four years, and they've capped it. Only just.

Terrible terrible luck for the Kiwis. The Boult cath + the big deflection and the fact that they still tied it in the super over.

They just weren't meant to win it. The rules are retarded btw - most boundaries? Get the fuck out. It should be fewer wickets lost if anything.

In my mind Eng were done after the Sri Lanka loss.. India pretty much threw their match to make sure Pak didn't go through to the semis.
Which gave Eng momentum and took away India's.
Boult on the boundary was madness, he could have thrown it to the guy close to him and still it woudda been out, even drop it save the 6 pile the pressure.
The ball hitting bat and going for 4 was mental considering eng were staring down the barrel at that point.

On reflection I was thinking oh it was a draw even in the super 6, and no way fewer wickets gotta be most boundaries to make the game exciting

I see this nonsensical theory that India threw the match to eliminate Pakistan (when that wasn't even guaranteed) hasn't died.

People should realise that Dhoni didn't just lose India the game against Pakistan. He tried his best to do that even against Afghanistan, WI and the semis against NZ.

Guy is an absolute shadow of himself, and simply can't hit big shots anymore. Still arrogant enough to enigmatically refuse singles or play out dot balls to somehow show there is a bigger gameplan in his head.

It's all bullshit - he's simply way past it.

Was that the greatest cricket match of all time?! No idea how we got to a tie, sheer determination and the pressure on the kiwis leading to Boult's boundary mishap. Crazy how easy Jos made it look to score singles yet Root couldn't find any gaps at all.

NZ's squeeze in the field is next level - they stopped about 20-30 singles that we give away when bowling by not having people tight in at short extra cover & mid wicket.

Jofra Archer nailed his length in those final few balls.

Thrilling finale.

England have now won World Cup at Football, Rugby and Cricket. Only country to do so I think.

Great Sporting Nation.

In my mind Eng were done after the Sri Lanka loss.. India pretty much threw their match to make sure Pak didn't go through to the semis.
Which gave Eng momentum and took away India's.
Boult on the boundary was madness, he could have thrown it to the guy close to him and still it woudda been out, even drop it save the 6 pile the pressure.
The ball hitting bat and going for 4 was mental considering eng were staring down the barrel at that point.

On reflection I was thinking oh it was a draw even in the super 6, and no way fewer wickets gotta be most boundaries to make the game exciting

Atlas, I'm surprised a relatively sane chap believes that absolute crock of steaming bullshit. The Indians whinged like fuck after the game, complaining about the boundaries and shit. If you believe the Indians threw that game you're off your head.

India can get to fuck as far as I'm concerned and the bccI. Threatening to boycott the Pakistan game after initially asking for Pakistan to be banned. And if that wssnt enough, putting pressure on the ICC asking them to delay India's arrival and first games participation at this world cup so it suited them. Get to fuck.

Another point - as per rules of the game, England shouldn't have been awarded 6 runs for the overthrow.

Batsmen hadn't crossed when the throw was made, hence only 1 run should have counted in addition to the 4.

A major fuck up by the umpires.

There's no doubt India seem to have too much power in the game, but that's another matter altogether.

And Archers first ball in the Super over should never have been a wide. Swings and roundabouts

Another point - as per rules of the game, England shouldn't have been awarded 6 runs for the overthrow.

Batsmen hadn't crossed when the throw was made, hence only 1 run should have counted in addition to the 4.

A major fuck up by the umpires.
It was harsh. If it deflected off the bat or batsmen it should be a dead ball imo.

But who cares?

This is the most unlikeable Indian team I think in ages. So even as an Indian fan, part of me is happy these wankers got what they deserved.

The whole set up with Shastri and Kohli reeks of arrogance, cronyism, nepotism.

Seem to be going back to the 90s era which Ganguly so worked so hard to systemically change.

Atlas, I'm surprised a relatively sane chap believes that absolute crock of steaming bullshit. The Indians whinged like fuck after the game, complaining about the boundaries and shit. If you believe the Indians threw that game you're off your head.

They did 100%
The moon landings were fake
Tommy is a MI5 stooge

Cricket has lots of negative press when it comes to illegal gambling..so I'm not suggesting they threw the game for money.
In my mind tournament sport means you play tactically, especially when you know you are through to the next round.
Eng playing for a draw in Football to see themselves with an 'easier route' to the final for example.. those games where all players move at snail pace in the final stages of group stage.. help knock out a challenger helps them get through.

Granted they probably didn't sit in the changing room before the game and thought let's lose today and it might not have been calculated but Id suggest it was in the minds of majority of players.

Plus.. thanks for relative sane comment.

It was harsh. If it deflected off the bat or batsmen it should be a dead ball imo.

But who cares?
I agree with that, and that rule may change after this. Stokes would not have taken the extra runs given the choice. I did see a response on BBC to the "one run extra" - stated that it is not when the throw is made, but when the cause of the overthrow occurs. The cause was the ball hitting Stokes, so 6 runs would be right.
Either way - the things to come out of it for me is the lack of complaints from the Kiwis. Class from Williamson on down. They come out of this with a lot of respect from around the world. The extra run complaint comes from an Australian, unsurprisingly.

Best game ever that, was so happy at the end, we will NEVER witness another game like that for 100's of years. That ball that hit Stokes's bat for the boundary was a pure Dudek moment of 2005 and pretty much signalled that Englands fate to win was written in the stars. I had no idea about the super over so had to call my mate but I was hardly able to spreak nearly having a choking breathing problem. Yet while this was taking place we had probably the best ever mens singles game happening at Wimbledon. I will never forget that game of cricket. That is what sport is all about !!!

Its always the same shit ... we lost because we threw the game away. Typical from Indian and Pakistani supporters...its never coz they played shit or were beaten by a better team that day. Sick of it. I just wish all supporters were like us Bangladeshis...we are just happy when one of our batamen gets a bat on a ball !!! No runs but boy do we cheer "...He hit the ball Yeees !!!!"

I supported England throughout the tourney... As I've done for decades.
Admittedly I do have a soft spot for Pakistan and it's tough when they play each other.. but I'd pass the Tebbit test with flying colours.
I'd suggest Bangladesh are happy they hot bat on ball cos they are not that good?

We should be like that with Liverpool,just happy we turned up with 11 players even if we lost?
Hear the same argument from teams lower down .. oh I'd just be happy to be playing in the champions League. Like that should be the benchmark.

Pak didn't get through to the semi final cos they are unpredictable, inconsistent,unprofessional.

I supported England throughout the tourney... As I've done for decades.
Admittedly I do have a soft spot for Pakistan and it's tough when they play each other.. but I'd pass the Tebbit test with flying colours.
I'd suggest Bangladesh are happy they hot bat on ball cos they are not that good?

We should be like that with Liverpool,just happy we turned up with 11 players even if we lost?
Hear the same argument from teams lower down .. oh I'd just be happy to be playing in the champions League. Like that should be the benchmark.

Pak didn't get through to the semi final cos they are unpredictable, inconsistent,unprofessional.
FYI - my dad is a life long Pakistan supporter, he does not even beleive in the existence of Bangladesh. Strange but true, blames India for the breaking up, still thinks Pakistan are the dogs bollox, and just cant beleive it when they lose. But never ever thinks they threw away a game.

Back
Top Bottom