• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cricket World Cup

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
has begun.

So far, match is pretty even between SA & Eng.

Anyone else watching?

Any players you're looking out for?

England on top.
Important partnership this for SA.
Archer's been excellent, Windies must be sick

I think we made that very easy on England with the bat ... far too easy imo.

True, lots of silly shots from the recognized batsmen.
Should have been working the ball around and try to take it further down the innings before hitting out.
Faf, Quinny, Hash, Rassie all out playing low percentage shots

SA brilliant bowling even without Steyn. Their batsmen and fielding appear to be from the 80s

SA brilliant bowling even without Steyn. Their batsmen and fielding appear to be from the 80s

Our bowling isn't brilliant - and our batsmen have been really poor the whole tournament (expected).
Our fielding used to be brilliant ... but well ... world cup = time to choke.
It's pretty frustrating ... especially when AB was willing to come back for the tourney (i.e. great fielder, great batter and a game winner).
Time to retire the elderly - Alma, Duminy etc and build around the young kids in hope they can develop into a competent ODI team.

Nah. you have a very promising bowling lineup. A great base to build off.

Anyways. three exceptional games - England Sri Lanka, India Afghanistan, and NZ Windies over the last 2 days.

Nah. you have a very promising bowling lineup. A great base to build off.

Anyways. three exceptional games - England Sri Lanka, India Afghanistan, and NZ Windies over the last 2 days.

Team needs to be gutted from the top down ... I think I've seen grass grow faster than how we bat on the power play ... The idea the team was 'good enough' when AB came calling was shocking ... I hope there's some up n' coming kids to strengthen the shaky (it is what it is) core of QdK, Ngidi, Rabada & Markram.

Hahahahahaaahhaa MS Dhoni is a stone cold legend. What a fucking dude, zero fucks given, didn't even attempt to hide what he was doing. The commentary during his innings was some of the best I've heard.

Sourav Ganguly: "I'm sorry Nasser, I'm afraid I have no explanation for that single". Hahahahh yes you do, yes you fucking do, all the lolz, poor the pakistan.

It was a bit lolz after the thrilling way Pak beat Afganistan only to see India strategically lose the game the day after

I can see england suffering from overconfidence by thinking they genuinely beat India, and duly collapsing against new zealand. As long as pakistan avoid the local sisha bars and put some effort into their preparations, then they're the favourites to get into the top four for me.

Don't think Dhoni strategically lost the match at all. He's simply past it, and has been for a while.

We were trying to win it till the 45th over, and suddenly gave up? Not like the loss eliminated Pakistan anyway.

Yeah, this is a nonsense theory. The fact that Kohli was having a good whine about the boundaries afterwards tells you they wanted to win.

If England remember they've been the best team in the world in the past few years instead of playing like bitches they'll beat New Zealand.

Probably worth sticking a fiver on it, in the event the dubai mafia are in any way involved in the outcome. Especially if Bangladesh are the ones to win the toss and inexplicably decide to have a bowl first, then it's probably worth sticking your house on it.

Im off to Old Trafford tomorrow in my SA shirt. We applied for any game last year and got 6 tickets for SA v Australia. Shame there is fuck all on the game really but im gonna have a good day verbally abusing the convicts. Meeting in town at 9.30am to start on the ale so its gonna be a loooonng day.

Im off to Old Trafford tomorrow in my SA shirt. We applied for any game last year and got 6 tickets for SA v Australia. Shame there is fuck all on the game really but im gonna have a good day verbally abusing the convicts. Meeting in town at 9.30am to start on the ale so its gonna be a loooonng day.

You have a Proteas or Bafana or Boks shirt?

England to win it now surely. Shambolic by india. On the plus side, there will be lots of spare tickets for the final

Utterly shambolic batting, and something all us Indian fans knew this team was completely capable of. Completely threw it away.

India messed up when they slowed down v eng in the group stage to ensure Pak didn't get through.
They managed to see if Bangladesh but didn't look at the races v NZ at all.

A great display by Eng today and it's a NZ Eng final.. surely englands trophy.

Just to mention yeah yeah smashed the ball a million miles etc but the skill of Guptil and Buttler to hit a stump from distance with pace is fricking mental.

Both run outs were sensational in their different ways.

Guptil had one stump to aim at.

Buttler threw it between Smith's legs. I've watched it about 4 times now and I still cant believe how it went through Smith's legs.

What an imperious display yesterday - one of the best ever from England. I was at the group game vs Aus and I felt Woakes bowled just as well there but just didnt get the rub of the green (lbw not given, edges evading people, missing the bat a few times) so was confident we could rattle through their openers with a bit of luck.

The final is going to be epic. Ferguson back for NZ will be big as they missed him in our group game.

Jason Roy is tremendous and has no doubt earned himself an opening spot in the test team. His driving was textbook.

I'm off to the final on Sunday. This could be once in a lifetime stuff. Come on England!

Re: run outs. They were both incredible. I probably rate Guptill's higher as he was a) doing a full 180 turn and b) the pressure for that run out for me was much much greater as there was a huge game on at that point.

Insane.

Back
Top Bottom