• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cricket World Cup

StevieM

SCM's resident Beer Nazi, Wine Snob & Comic Geek
Honorary Member
Starts tomorrow. Whinging Poms v Aussies.l @ the MCG

For the first time in ages u decided to go - scored some MCC corporate tickets.

Of course there's currently a fucking thunderstorm in Melbourne & 95% chance of rain tomorrow afternoon.

Mother....

..... fucker.

Hope the Proteas finally just play - and stop choking. Watch out for De Kock (if healthy) - I mentioned him in the forum 2 years ago when I watched him in the u19 world cup. He is a really talented batsmen and will be our biggest star within 3-4 years.

Hope the Proteas finally just play - and stop choking. Watch out for De Kock (if healthy) - I mentioned him in the forum 2 years ago when I watched him in the u19 world cup. He is a really talented batsmen and will be our biggest star within 3-4 years.

I dunno LTW..... I read that and all I saw was " I hope the Proteas choke on de Kock".

Starts tomorrow. Whinging Poms v Aussies.l @ the MCG

For the first time in ages u decided to go - scored some MCC corporate tickets.

Of course there's currently a fucking thunderstorm in Melbourne & 95% chance of rain tomorrow afternoon.

Mother....

..... fucker.

Unlucky mate thats a real bummer, but we never rely on a weather forecast up here so you never know. You were due for a spanking anyway

England are a shower. I can't seem them doing a 'diddled-eye Joe to a damned if I know' :(

b3d192e1780c12117d3684e67b4c42b4.jpg

That was some fucking epic death bowling.
Useless cunts.

We should just say to the oppo in each game 'Save the bother just pick a score and we will fuck around and not get close to it'

Good start by the Australians, although Warner didn't really look comfortable, still 65 odd runs in the first 10 overs. Dropped chance early in proved costly.

Good bowling by England got them back in to it and the poms were on top for a while with quick wickets of Watson & Smith.

Finch was excellent and his partnership with Bailey turned the game - the run rate dropped significantly in the 2nd 10 overs, but gave the pair the stability to assault England's bowling in the final 20 overs.

Great cameo from Haddin to hot 30 odd off 14 balls.

Fun finish to the innings with a hat trick if wickets in the slog.

England started solidly but we're undone by some poor shot selections & lost a few too many wickets.

By the time England reached the last 20 overs they weren't a huge amount behind where Australia where at the same point - but too many wickets down to really go after the big total.

Taylor played well - unlucky to be not out on 98 at the end.

Yup we were well beaten Steve but it should have been a lot closer especially if Woakes had caught Finch early. Some great catches in that game, but that drop really cost us. What were the umpires thinking giving Anderson out and denying Taylor what would be a terrific century.

The umpires were probably thinking "oh look Maxwells knocked the bails off before Anderson's got his bat over the crease".

The umpires were probably thinking "oh look Maxwells knocked the bails off before Anderson's got his bat over the crease".
The ball was dead once Taylor had been given out so Anderson couldn't be out, or the run allowed. Cock up by the third umpire, if I was Taylor I would be fucking furious - his first ton in the MCG against Australia in front of 90k would be an achievment he would never forget, notwithstanding the result.

Good start from india, except kohli just ran out Dhawan. India 165-2 on 30 overs. Pakistans bowling looks really toothless.

Good win for india! Could have and should have ended up with more than 300,excellent bowling overall. this time zone crap is going to be torture! Next sunday vs Sa at the same time I think.

Good win for india! Could have and should have ended up with more than 300,excellent bowling overall. this time zone crap is going to be torture! Next sunday vs Sa at the same time I think.

Welcome to the world of Liverpool fans Downunder.

Yeah that's breathtakingly clever.

Shouldn't come as much surprise from a nation that lauds Dave fucking Hughes as one of it's foremost comedic talents.

Why is Cook not playing?

I imagine the selectors are wondering the same thing. He was a liability but dropping him has made us worse.

They're so conservative it's ridiculous. We obviously had no chance of winning with this lot so should have picked the players who'd just played in the big bash. Hales, carberry and maybe even Peterson. At least they'd have been used to the pitches. I honestly think we're going to finish 6th in the group.

I imagine the selectors are wondering the same thing. He was a liability but dropping him has made us worse.

They're so conservative it's ridiculous. We obviously had no chance of winning with this lot so should have picked the players who'd just played in the big bash. Hales, carberry and maybe even Peterson. At least they'd have been used to the pitches. I honestly think we're going to finish 6th in the group.

Wow, I thought he was injured ... Is he still captain? What a dramatic fall from grace ...

Back
Top Bottom