• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cricket World Cup

He was dropped after a painful period where everyone knew he would be except him and moores. Happened a few months ago because he kept not scoring and losing. Then instead of replacing him at the top of the order with hales they promoted bell and brought in another test batsman.

Jason Roy should have been in with a shout too.

I think any team could get overwhelmed by the Kiwis if they dont show up prepared.

That New Zealand team is really pumped up, you can tell from the intensity they show in fielding.

They want it big time...

I think India is playing their best cricket - South Africa, bar maybe Miller and Tahir, haven't even got to 50% ... I guess it leaves me room for hope before they choke.

I think India is playing their best cricket - South Africa, bar maybe Miller and Tahir, haven't even got to 50% ... I guess it leaves me room for hope before they choke.

India has been playing good sensible cricket. I dont think they are close to playing their best cricket. They have not been that good in the last 10 overs.

He loves the WI's doesn't he - 330 for 1 in 22.3 overs in his last three games against them. Almost impossible to get your head round that.

Bell and Ali have got off to a bright start against Sri Lanka.

Importantly, Lady Luck has smiled on them with their uppish shots! :)

Bell and Ali have got off to a bright start against Sri Lanka.

Importantly, Lady Luck has smiled on them with their uppish shots! :)

Not so hasty there Peter old chap. It seems Bell was out to another rash swish. Annoying and consistent given the mush that England have dished up recently. Hopefully the middle order can step up.

You're employing massive wisdom of hindsight there old chap! At the time I wrote it, my comment was perfectly true! The wily Sri Lankans managed to strangle England for a long time, but now as England are getting towards the end of their innings with Root going well and wickets in hand, they look likely to post a competitive total. :)

What a shambles that was!!! Time for Morgan to go - he has been complete rubbish and probably wouldn't get in to the Irish side.

What a shambles that was!!! Time for Morgan to go - he has been complete rubbish and probably wouldn't get in to the Irish side.
If he's on Twitter I might tweet him and ask him does he wish he still plays for Ireland.

A simple change that might have won the Bangladesh match for England would have been to play Buttler higher up the order. He is wasted at number 7 because when he comes in to bat, England are usually well behind the required run rate because of the plodders higher up the order. Thus Buttler is always under pressure to score fast and although he usually gets some runs, he gets out playing risky shots.

Yea, that Ed Joyce is pretty rubbish too

Proteas were dominant today ... nice to see De Kock with a big inning ... Tahir and Dumniy were really on their game.

Into the Semis!

There are about 8 billion Indians walking past my office right now en route to the G.

200 is the new 100.

It has become so cheap to score 200. No offence to Martin Guptill, but he is a very very ordinary batsman. For him to score 200 makes you want to reassess where the game is going and what it means for bowlers.

England are still in an era where 300 used to be a mamoth score...thats the problem.

Back
Top Bottom