• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Déjà vu all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn’t make much sense Man U buying him. He’s a pretty decent EPL standard AM and obviously good for being not overseas for squad filling. However, he’s in competition with their golden boy captain who seems undroppable for some mad reason.

if they did give him a few games in place of fernades he’d do ok, but I can’t see him making a difference. AM is the one place they didn’t need to replace.

Amrabat was an even worse decision (but better than nothing I suppose)
Mount has played some good football for Chelsea in his early days, he and Abraham for a season or so had some impact, while his friend moved on he stayed and the real EPL game caught up with him. When the game changed he didn't rise to the occassion and soon got caught up in the Chelsea malaise with those changes in managers and he slid further down the hill both in physical and mental sides of his game. Like with some lfc fans on here, some manU fans thought he would bring something new to ManU and they welcomed him. Today its all the fault of ETH. Whatever it is I am glad that as a club liverpool makes its own decisions in signing players and not listening to fans. There was a lot of vibe on here to sign this guy. Glad it didn't happen

I see to remember “someone” arguing that Man Utd hardly ever made bad signings and that we should be signing Amrabat.

He got very upset when I called him a “fucking idiot”.

Still think I was being generous.

I see to remember “someone” arguing that Man Utd hardly ever made bad signings and that we should be signing Amrabat.

He got very upset when I called him a “fucking idiot”.

Still think I was being generous.
Much stronger case to say they hardly ever make a good signing these days.

Much stronger case to say they hardly ever make a good signing these days.

“much”

They haven’t signed a decent player I’d rather played for us, since teenaged fake Ronaldo or Fat Granny Shagger.

“much”

They haven’t signed a decent player I’d rather played for us, since teenaged fake Ronaldo or Fat Granny Shagger.
Whilst I agree on the exact point made, that doesn’t mean they have signed a few decent ones. Just not players I’d have at LFC.

Fernades, Shaw, De Gea, were all decent signings. The overall squad is just mediocre at best and they batted WAY above last season

Fernandes was an awesome signing. They'd be in the championship now if not for him.

Wished we took the risk and pulled the trigger then.

I do wonder if our environment would have seen him excel.

Might have but it’s irrelevant. We couldn’t afford to pay the £12m/year wages even if we were mad enough to think him worth it. £60m transfer + agents fees + £60m in wages. No way!!!!!

Both Mac Allister and Szoboszlai are (allegedly) on less than half the wages so we effectively got two more appropriate players for the same overall cost

No. He wasn't at the level we need.

For me, Mount is just like elliott. A 10 for a team that plays with 2 8's

i love elliott but we struggle to get him in an effective starting xi recently. Mount would have been the same but for 70m

That’s what the Everton fans also believe; actually he’s still at Man U but you wouldn’t know it.

I bring up the Mount story because there were some of our fans, not only on this site—Josh Williams & Mo Stewart on redmen tv both of whom I have huge regard, for example, who actually thought he would be a fit at Liverpool when on most available evidence, he’s not even upgrade on what we have in Jones or Elliott.
Yeah I was dead against him when the rumours were doing the rounds (and some on here wanted him). So glad we swerved that one. A lot of credit must go to our scouts despite the pummeling some on here give them. We rarely make a poor signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom