• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Déjà vu all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
The weekend derby with City is creating waves on RedCafe. The anti-"ETH" posts are snowballing and there's a lot of noise that a whooping at the weekend will see him gone.

A flavour:

Skills said:
I honestly think we'll look back on him as the most damaging manager we've ever had - which is some competition. The state of the squad is just shocking and he's basically the cleaned the coffers. There's nothing left - even if we get a sugar daddy, the FFP position just leaves feck all room.​
Yeah the squad is so bad for the amount spent. It's not like he's picking a team far off our best (bar a couple of exceptions). This is what he's assembled and we still need upgrades in nearly every position with no money left. Teams like Villa have caught us up with their recruitment.

And the new deadwood will be impossible to move, Antony, mount, Casemiro, thank feck we didn’t buy aramabat, he’s looked like he doesn’t belong at this level. Then again with a tactically good coach these players might be decent.
-------------------
ETH is being very very fortunate imo. He is just not addressing any of the issues we are having this season and is being bailed out by very very narrow wins under fortunate circumstances.
If you ignore the EFL Cup win against the Palace reserves then we have won the following by ONE GOAL.

Wolves
Forest
Burnley
Brentford
Sheff Utd
Copenhagen

We have lost every other game this season. Could easily have lost against Brentford and drew vrs Sheff Utd and Copenhagen.

Imagine if that would have happened ?
---------------------

FrankWhite said:
Listening to his post match interview with TNT was interesting. Scholes questioned him about struggling to find the balance in midfield, basically what everyone on here had been saying. ETH dismissed the question and blamed the struggles for game control on the defence. Apparently the routines at the back hasn't been there due to injuries and that's why we've struggled in the middle of the park.

Pretty sure the choice defenders played in the first game of the season against Wolves, where we were cut through time and again. However, I do think there's something to his claim. Martinez and Shaw are our two best ball-playing defenders and I think missing both makes a difference. I also think it is why he's not playing Mount.

All that said, I'm still very disappointed in his failure to adapt the team to deal with the above mentioned issues. We should be able to pick eleven players and dominant some of the teams we've struggled against.​
Complete nonsense. Every team has injuries. Arsenal bought a defender (Jurrien Timber) who's now out with an ACL. I don't see such a massive impact on how they play. Liverpool Konate, Gomez, Matip, Simikaz.. all play at various times, their form is up and down, but Liverpool still manage to retain their way, very clear way, of playing, and they have basically changed six, seven players over the last year since ETH has arrived. Man City have got rid of some of their defenders, Stones recently returned from injury, they have new defenders, young players from their academy playing at the back, and again, they seem to manage without having any effect on how they play. If I asked you to name Villa's, or Spurs back line, you may struggle... but again, they seem to have manager's who can organise their players and play a clear system.

But ETH can't.

I'm fed up with this manager. Had enough of him. He never takes responsibility for the dross that's served up.
-----------------------------
My problem with Ten Hag is that he’s not a manager who can see what he’s doing isn’t working and needs to be radically changed. Game after game it’s just the same tired old formation with the same tired old players.

Sancho’s accusation of favouritism appears to be true, that can be the only reason Antony is an automatic starter because it’s not justified by output in the attacking third. He was poor for the whole of last season and there’s been no improvement this season. Rashford is in a slightly different position, although his output in the final third is no better than Antony’s. He’s shown in the past that he can score goals so perhaps deserves time - but how much time?

I have no faith that Ten Hag can turn this abysmal situation round. He’s just too inflexible. He’s sure his way is right and the fact that it’s not working is everyone/anyone else’s fault.

Utd really need a Klopp or a Pep or a Ange to turn the place around. TEG ain’t it.

A liverpool drubbing is what gets a united manager sacked. No more, no less.

16th of december is the earliest it might happen.
Looking at December fixtures you may be on to something!

Dec 2nd Newcastle (A)
Dec 6th Chelsea (H)
Dec 9th Bournemouth (H)
Dec 12th Bayern Munich (H) - Last group game
Dec 16th Liverpool (a)
Dec 23rd West Ham (a) - The return of the Moyes

I go to Redcafe for entertainment. I really don't look at their results anymore. They haven't really been a threat to us since 2017 or something.

I go to Redcafe for entertainment. I really don't look at their results anymore. They haven't really been a threat to us since 2017 or something.
Don't think you need to explain yourself especially to some fool who is wanking furiously to the spurs manager on a liverpool forum..

Whilst I agree in general, I am compelled to remind you that they finished comfortably above us last season, qualifying for the UCL

Whilst I agree in general, I am compelled to remind you that they finished comfortably above us last season, qualifying for the UCL
True but we all know last season was just a blip. We still thrashed them 7-0

Where is Mann U’s all-action, all-pressing Mason Mount?

Leftback99 said:
Surely he's got a knock. The alternative (that he's already a bench warmer) would be ridiculous but just sum up our recruitment.​
Many people called it in his transfer thread in the summer.
Firstly we called that the Casemiro-Mount-Bruno midfield would be horribly unbalanced. And once that was proven to be the case, Mount would end up as a Bruno back-up/utility player. And it's took 13 games for this to come to fruition. I got slaughtered in the transfer thread for negativity...
To be fair, Mount should be getting a run ahead of Bruno at the minute as Bruno is dreadful. At least Mount might not ruin every attack with a cheap loss of possession.
---------
Tbf it doesn't help Bruno when we have no midfield because ETH plays him and Mctominay in the same position. He's dropped Mount but somehow still not understood what the issue with playing him and Bruno in the same system actually is.
He seems to have decided its Mount not playing well enough rather than the fact the system is broken which makes it impossible for anyone in our midfield to play well.
===============================
(I reckon this was written by the Man version of Modo!)
Nah, he is a bench player. That was the most obvious outcome of a transfer ever.
Painfully average in creating for an offensive player, inconsistent, invisible. Best traits are off the ball. Injury issues and shit last season at Chelsea red flags. With Bruno here, he was never going to succeed as a 10. As a winger or 8 neither, because he is not fast enough for a winger and hiding for an 8.
But he presses like a headless chicken He is literally the best example of the classical overrated English player, he hasnt got it.
==============================

60 million and not in consideration for coming off the bench in a game we were desperate for a goal.I'm not sure he's a ETH signing, something doesn't sit right with me on this one now.​
ETH has a transfer veto. If he didn't like him, he wouldn't have signed him. He wanted him for a "double 8" formation which failed V Wolves and Spurs. Didn't work so he abandoned ship, just like he did re passing out the back after two losses at the start of the 22/23 season.
You can't play that high pressing system unless the whole of the front line and midfield press together. They have not been drilled to do that.

=====================================

Just think of the riches they have to choose from. Mount has stiff competition:

Casemiro (old)
Hannibal (who?)
Amrabat (Fiorentina were desperate to loan him out for ANY fee, just one taker)
Eriksen (old, but still decent for 45 mins)
Fernandes (The undroppable captain)
McTominey (Desperately tried to sell off)
Mainoo (Apparently not too bad but then compared to who?)
Donny vd Beek (Is he still alive)

Happy enough to discuss United as long as they’re suffering. Lot of big United fans at work that haven’t had much interest in football for years, very pleasing.

Hojlund looks good though, hopefully they don’t start to build around him.

Leftback99 said:
Surely he's got a knock. The alternative (that he's already a bench warmer) would be ridiculous but just sum up our recruitment.​
Many people called it in his transfer thread in the summer.
Firstly we called that the Casemiro-Mount-Bruno midfield would be horribly unbalanced. And once that was proven to be the case, Mount would end up as a Bruno back-up/utility player. And it's took 13 games for this to come to fruition. I got slaughtered in the transfer thread for negativity...
To be fair, Mount should be getting a run ahead of Bruno at the minute as Bruno is dreadful. At least Mount might not ruin every attack with a cheap loss of possession.
---------
Tbf it doesn't help Bruno when we have no midfield because ETH plays him and Mctominay in the same position. He's dropped Mount but somehow still not understood what the issue with playing him and Bruno in the same system actually is.
He seems to have decided its Mount not playing well enough rather than the fact the system is broken which makes it impossible for anyone in our midfield to play well.
===============================
(I reckon this was written by the Man version of Modo!)
Nah, he is a bench player. That was the most obvious outcome of a transfer ever.
Painfully average in creating for an offensive player, inconsistent, invisible. Best traits are off the ball. Injury issues and shit last season at Chelsea red flags. With Bruno here, he was never going to succeed as a 10. As a winger or 8 neither, because he is not fast enough for a winger and hiding for an 8.
But he presses like a headless chicken He is literally the best example of the classical overrated English player, he hasnt got it.
==============================

60 million and not in consideration for coming off the bench in a game we were desperate for a goal.I'm not sure he's a ETH signing, something doesn't sit right with me on this one now.​
ETH has a transfer veto. If he didn't like him, he wouldn't have signed him. He wanted him for a "double 8" formation which failed V Wolves and Spurs. Didn't work so he abandoned ship, just like he did re passing out the back after two losses at the start of the 22/23 season.
You can't play that high pressing system unless the whole of the front line and midfield press together. They have not been drilled to do that.

=====================================

Just think of the riches they have to choose from. Mount has stiff competition:

Casemiro (old)
Hannibal (who?)
Amrabat (Fiorentina were desperate to loan him out for ANY fee, just one taker)
Eriksen (old, but still decent for 45 mins)
Fernandes (The undroppable captain)
McTominey (Desperately tried to sell off)
Mainoo (Apparently not too bad but then compared to who?)
Donny vd Beek (Is he still alive)

DvB has left already.

DvB has left already.
That’s what the Everton fans also believe; actually he’s still at Man U but you wouldn’t know it.

I bring up the Mount story because there were some of our fans, not only on this site—Josh Williams & Mo Stewart on redmen tv both of whom I have huge regard, for example, who actually thought he would be a fit at Liverpool when on most available evidence, he’s not even upgrade on what we have in Jones or Elliott.

Last edited:
That’s what the Everton fans also believe; actually he’s still at Man U but you wouldn’t know it.

I bring up the Mount story because there were some of our fans, not only on this site—Josh Williams & Mo Stewart on redmen tv both of whom I have huge regard, for example, who actually thought he would be a fit at Liverpool when on most available evidence, he’s not even upgrade on what we have in Jones or Elliott.

It didn’t make much sense Man U buying him. He’s a pretty decent EPL standard AM and obviously good for being not overseas for squad filling. However, he’s in competition with their golden boy captain who seems undroppable for some mad reason.

if they did give him a few games in place of fernades he’d do ok, but I can’t see him making a difference. AM is the one place they didn’t need to replace.

Amrabat was an even worse decision (but better than nothing I suppose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom