• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Darwin Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the correct approach

I can understand no marks like Pogba engaging an agent to find them an employer, but why do KDB and Mbappe need an agent for? Everyone knows who they are. State how many millions you want and someone will pay it.
Actually it'd be a hulluva lot cheaper to just hire the very top accountants (they are called the senior partners) at KPMG / PWC. You'd have some of the best in the market and a whole team to handle everything for you bending over backwards for £1m.

Wow this thread has been really eye opening

I do wonder what it's like to be an agent for the mega stars - are they equally thick?

Some of them, sure, but I suspect a lot of it is plain laziness. They can't be fagged to do anything they can get done for them by someone else, and they have so much money they don't care about shelling out a shedload just so there's someone there to tell them the right way round to sit on the bog.

Wow this thread has been really eye opening

I do wonder what it's like to be an agent for the mega stars - are they equally thick?

I read an article a while ago about this study of first and second division footballers in Sweden. Apparently success was pretty closely correlated with intelligence - clubs seem to be like the army in that sense, testing everything including IQ etc. Virtually all second division footballers were above average intelligence (I think it was about 110 or 115 IQ) and virtually all first division players were above the average intelligence of second division players. And the best players in each division tended to be the most intelligent.

Truly scary stuff lol.

I read an article a while ago about this study of first and second division footballers in Sweden. Apparently success was pretty closely correlated with intelligence - clubs seem to be like the army in that sense, testing everything including IQ etc. Virtually all second division footballers were above average intelligence (I think it was about 110 or 115 IQ) and virtually all first division players were above the average intelligence of second division players. And the best players in each division tended to be the most intelligent.

Truly scary stuff lol.

I cannot accept there's a category in the world in which Kyle Walker is in the top grouping for intelligence. Without football he'd probably be in care.

I cannot accept there's a category in the world in which Kyle Walker is in the top grouping for intelligence. Without football he'd probably be in care.

I'm guessing it's a case of intelligence being important but athleticism being more important. So if you've got a truly outstanding athlete like Walker then a slightly lower mental acuity might be adequate.

Truly scary stuff lol.
Jack Grealish makes Beckham seem like Einstein. I'm not sure that's right at all.

As I recall, most IQ tests test a person's ability to intuitively recognise patterns in shapes and other visual cues, at speed.

I can imagine that this would be important in football, especially the 'thinking on the spot' part. Most footballers may not possess the academic prowess of us on this forum, but they are able to instantly process tasks that would take a physicists hours, analyzing the patterns in opponents' body movements, computing the likely position of their teammates in the next 0.2 seconds and calculating the speed and trajectory of a ball. All while James Milner is running at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom