• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Day 7 - Euro 2012 Croatia/Italy & Spain/Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iniesta is a only a shadow of the player he used to be.
What whopper posted that a few weeks ago?

Iker Casillas has caused outrage among Spain and the Eurozone nations after allegedly claiming £110,000 per week as unemployment benefit.

Colin Murray's verdict on the various possible outcomes in group C:

"It's complicated, and it's too late. We'll discuss it on Monday".

Colin Murray's verdict on the various possible outcomes in group C:

"It's complicated, and it's too late. We'll discuss it on Monday".

LOL, Murray's good imo, bit underrated as a football presenter.

Also helps that's he's Irish and a massive Liverpool fan :)

I always disliked him because his voice annoyed me on the radio and I thought he was pretty shit on Channel 5.

Now I prefer him to the MOTD gang, which isn't much of a compliment, but it's definitely progress. The BBC coverage, so far, has been dreadful.

The Irish fans can be proud of themselves... A real star performance showing the joy of football as a party. They know they won't win it, but they salute their guys giving them a nice time out anyway!!! Absolutely brilliant, and a guideline for other small nations!

Love how Roy Keane always come's around and kicks you when your down.

Roy Keane savages Ireland: “A lot of Irish think they are top players. It goes to shows they are so far behind”
green-line.gif
Keane: I think the players and supporters have to change their mentality. It’s just nonsense to say how great the supporters are. The supporters want to see the players do a lot better and not give daft goals away like that.
Let’s change that attitude towards Irish supporters. Let’s not kid ourselves, they want to see their team winning, Let’s not just go along for the sing-song now and again.
It was a wake-up call for these players. The goals they gave away tonight at any level were absolutely shocking.

Roy Keane can fuck right off for a start. Mention Japan 2002 to him and see what shite he gives as an answer to that.

Keane:
I think the players and supporters have to change their mentality.

Fuck off Roy.​

Recall at the time (memory is a little hazy!) that some Irish fans supported him and have **forgiven** him.

Some?

It split the country right down the middle!
Being an outsider, I was with Keane. He had valid points. The only thing that bothered me was that he didn't return. In the end Keane was right as well.

I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a fucking wanker and you can stick your World Cup up your arse. - Roy Keane

The "Genesis Report" agreed with many of Keane's criticisms, finding that the FAI structure was not conducive to good planning and making a range of recommendations. The complete report was never published for legal reasons.Brendan Menton resigned as FAI General Secretary at this time, and the media linked the two events, though Menton denied this.

It was the united fans who supported him. Most other people that I know (including a small minority of united fans) were against him.

Thats not how I saw it Ruairi. There certainly was big backing from the Mancs and of course people from Cork. But my experience of it was there there were many non mancs who supported him for his stand as well.

By the way. Can we look forward to Brendan Rodgers' team playing the style of football that Spain played last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom