• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

Tahrir is average imo - I really don't know if he's much better than our other spinners, and he's a shite batsmen.

You're missing out one factor Dave - the South Africans want to dethrone you. They're bloody motivated, and that will help them. They have a terrible record at the Oval - so I don't think we'll win, but as I said wrt Philander - we'll see who has the last laugh.

RA - Kallis is a special special player. One of the greatest of this generation, if not ever. The scary thing is he'll keep on going for 2-3 years ...

Tahir might prove to go for a few runs but he'll pick up important wickets. I honestly can't split the bowling line-ups and then when you look at the batting it seems to be just as close.

RA - Kallis is a special special player. One of the greatest of this generation, if not ever. The scary thing is he'll keep on going for 2-3 years ...

Can't argue with that - This will be the 3rd time I've seen him in action - The guy is immense.

Though opinion will always be divided on him, it's a fantastic record to break:

Another milestone Smith can look forward to is breaking Allan Border's record for most Tests as captain. Smith has played 91 games as skipper, while the record is 93, so assuming he plays in all three matches on this tour, he will overtake the Australian.

Smith is an absolute bellend. I hope Broad knocks his head of this morning (If we field that is...)

England win the toss and bat.

Not a bad loss to lose for Smith I think because if the players are on and off the pitch today it'll be tricky to settle.

Wouldn't be suprised to see England lose a few wickets this morning.

Still it's The Oval so you gotta bat first.

England 1 Andrew Strauss (capt), 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Jonathan Trott, 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Ian Bell, 6 Ravi Bopara, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Tim Bresnan, 9 Graeme Swann, 10 Stuart Broad, 11 James Anderson

South Africa 1 Graeme Smith (capt), 2 Alviro Petersen, 3 Hashim Amla, 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 AB de Villiers (wk), 6 Jacques Rudolph, 7 JP Duminy, 8 Vernon Philander, 9 Dale Steyn, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Imran Tahir

We're shit at the Oval - we won't win.

It seems, based on what I'm hearing, that it's a dry pitch and there's worry for weather.

I am curious to see how Amla does in these 3 games ... He's not been himself the last year or so.

love watching steyn he is such a pantomine baddy.

This series is going to be superb

LTW I could of swore ye posted a nice little get in when we lost the first wicket. Nice come back after losing the first wicket EDIT: Weird that post has reappeared.

Someone tell this formidable South African attack to actually bowl at the stumps...

Outside off stump....Outside off stump....Outside off stump....long hopp....Outside off stump....

Just all too relaxed at the moment for Trott and Cook.

Swann will be licking his lips watching Tahir getting a little bit of turn here.

No shit Shrek, I'm going to say 'get in there' ... I also said I don't think we'd win this test. SA, as Fox (I'm surprised Dave is this harsh!) pointed out, are rusty ... I guess Steyn isn't really that good etc ... Sheesh, I'm just grateful England are shit at footy and rugby - otherwise, you'd think they still had an Empire or something!

to be fair the Saffa bowlers are rusty, not played much at all

It's them who choose to play in the IPL. They could just as easy sign up for domestic side and get a lot of overs under their belts.

LTW: What you talking about? Steyn is a brilliant bowler and will be regardless if England win all 3 matches by an innings. I was pointing out South Africa’s of tactics (bowling outside off stump over and over again) hasn't worked. Hence the loss of 1 wicket. If you're going to cry I will post elsewhere.

Some absolute rubbish from Philander in his second spell - didn't get above 80mph. Not fit enough for the rigours of Test Cricket imho.

Some absolute rubbish from Philander in his second spell - didn't get above 80mph. Not fit enough for the rigours of Test Cricket imho.

man oh man, you're quick to judge a player based on one bad spell. First spell he was fine. Such venom from dave2. And people tell me South African fans are bad?

If SA don't bowl 'em out at around 400, I say play for the draw (or pray for rain).

LTW: What you talking about? Steyn is a brilliant bowler and will be regardless if England win all 3 matches by an innings. I was pointing out South Africa’s of tactics (bowling outside off stump over and over again) hasn't worked. Hence the loss of 1 wicket. If you're going to cry I will post elsewhere.

Ok - it's been fun! Enjoy the thread, and when you return to your usual self, let me know. Over n' out.

Can someone help me out - How deep is England's batting? Does it end at Prior? Is the much of a tail?

EDIT: * Is there much of a tail?

Can someone help me out - How deep is England's batting? Does it end at Prior? Is the much of a tail?
Broad has a Test ton to his name, Big Bres is pretty handy with the bat. Swanny is certainly no mug, so Jimmy is the only real weak batsman in the line-up.

Back
Top Bottom