• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

I've seen him take apart some good attacks in one day games, so he's got something about him. I'm just not convinced that he's ready for test match cricket quite yet. I think he scored a double ton recently and Steve Harminson said it was the best innings he'd ever seen.

Now with Taylor it seems that EVERYBODY is raving about the lad. He sort of reminds me of Cook in the fact that he doesn't look the most attractive but he seems to be making the very most of what ability he does have. Hopefully he can take his chance this week. oh and he makes Spearing look like a giant!

I hope you're right mate. If he reminds you of Cook that's good enough for me. :)

82-0 (Petersen 59 off 95, Smith 23 off 55) at lunch on Day 1 ... SA have been lucky, one big drop and a dead ball 'wicket' .

I find that after the first session, the betting odds can be quite favourable. I have just put a tenner on England with Betfair at 7/1. Still 14 sessions to go!! A lot can happen over 5 days. :)

Too defensive from England? Very few slips with four seamers attacking?

I think Saffie bowlers are better than the Poms....I have always maintained that, and not knee jerking after a bad first 6 days of this series. The best for England and to defeat South Africa would have been to prepare a low scoring wicket. This one doesn't some anything like the normal Headingley affair at all...which is renowned for being pacer friendly...

So far.... no help off the wicket for the bowlers, and through the air the swing isn't the kind that troubles batsmen.

Smith is gone ... He's looked knackered, and rightfully so - just came back from South Africa after his first child's birth

Haha.

I wouldn't want to be around the south africans tonight. 2 of them will be suicidal and 2 of the others won't be talking to each other.

336-6 at lunch, Petersen is on 170*.

If we get to 400-450, it's a good 1st inning to set up Steyn & co to maybe get a result in this match. Hopefully no rain - been a good match so far.

oh dear you knew dropping swann would haunt us. Bresnan and Broad have completely lost their form, bad timing lads

Very suprised if this is anything but a draw with the unsettled weather about. Good knock from Peterson.

Great ton from KP.

If England can get close to their score, then the south africans might just be put under a bit if pressure in the second innings (weather allowing).

KP is playing nicely. I'm liking the look of this Taylor chap. Must be difficult coming in on debut when the ball is old and a few overs later get a new cherry. So far very watchful but composed.

Yeah the little man is doing ok.

Like you said it can't be easy coming in with so much pressure on him (considering the match/series situation).

I wish the footy commentators could be of the same standard as we get treated to with the cricket. I could listen to the likes of Holding, Bumble and Warne all day.

Ahhh shameTaylor chopped on. Dare I say it - this has been one of KP's very best. Still 91 behind though.

If Smith and Petersen (Though I don't rate him that highly) are injured, England will keep their #1 ranking

Back
Top Bottom