• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

I will find the list for you later. Though it will make very little sense to you as the vast majority were pre world war 2.

The ECB (England Cricket Board) have recently extended the time period overseas players must live in the UK before being being abe to be picked for England from 4 yars to 7 years.

So the likes of Strauss and Prior it would not have made any difference as they moved here at a young age but the likes of KP, Trott it would have delayed their England debuts.

Paul Harris is a recent one being born in Rhodesia

Been to Zim, saw where my mom was born etc ... If I remember correctly, Harris was born there b/c his dad was working with the SA Police ... He's spent almost all his life in SA though. I do think he's better than Tahir, and should be playing.

Wow Kallis is great. I've always liked him.

So then it all comes down to SA spin right? Might head down there tomorrow - £15. It might just be painful though.....

They look a class act SA. They absolutely deserve to be in the driving seat but I have to say though the conditions have smiled on them.

In fact if England lose - I'm blaming it on the shifting jet stream.....;)

I just hope some of the English fans give this team the respect they deserve - England are top for a reason, but SA isn't far behind.

I just hope some of the English fans give this team the respect they deserve - England are top for a reason, but SA isn't far behind.

Some? All but a few do.

SA win at 2/1 looks a nice bet. Might have to soften the blow...

Amla gets the highest score by a saffer.Amazing knock

On this site, sure. But I've talked to many England fans who think that being top means everyone else is like the West Indies! ;)

It's going to be a draw ... but it's nice to see Kallis and Amla bat like this.

If i was a betting man, and I'm not, that's what I would bet on ... I still remember 2010! ;)
They need to kick on though and up their run rate to give themselves a chance of winning. With this pitch and these conditions and two VERY good two players it's candyland time so it's do-able.

However the weather is even better tomorrow as well. It's not even spinning and I have my doubts about the SA spinner - so yep it looks like a draw to me.

Pretty demoralising day for the English bowlers but I am rally happy for Amla and Kallis. Amla especially, fine batsman and nice guy.

I wasn't impressed with Pietersen's innings. The prime responsibility for the top-order batsmen in this situation is to avoid getting out. It's fair enough to punish the bad balls but Pietersen was being far too aggressive considering England have no chance of winning the match.

Its the same problem with Sehwag... Sometimes thats how they play, and the end result is not too different if they take a different approach...

Good bye Strauss ... Tahir is really bowling well too ... One wonders how Swann went wicketless for 50 overs.

Alright there Mr Smug bugger!;) Out played for sure. Well deserved I might also add.

Its the same problem with Sehwag... Sometimes thats how they play, and the end result is not too different if they take a different approach...

I tend to agree mate.

IMO those type of players are simply best off playing their natural games, and lets not forget that KP has saved/won England games before by doing just that.

Back
Top Bottom