• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2012 day 12. France V Sweden and Ukraine V England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't assume that Carroll would have taken up the same positions but if he had missed those gilt edge chances that were presented on a plate to Rooney he would be savaged in the press.
Is right . And Italy will not give so many chances .

Terry is a whore and it was his mistake that led to that supposed goal-line clearance.
Fuck that overrated cunt.
The fact that he's even playing in the Euro's is a travesty considering what he said to Jar Jar's brother.
Doesn't it bother you lot that he's being praised after every game despite being shit?

Here's the goal Ukraine scored, have a look at Terry's positioning, world class defender my nuts:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/ukraines-ghost-goal-counted-though-line-v-england/

Don't agree.

Terry had a great game only bettered by Gerrard. Youve got your LFC glasses on.

Terry was excellent tonight. Numerous blocks and put his body on the line as he does for the blue scum. Forget the clearance off the line. It was well offside before it even got to him. So smoke that.

What is the fucking point of these touchline officials if they can't see a ball going over the very fucking line that they're standing on BTW?

What is the fucking point of these touchline officials if they can't see a ball going over the very fucking line that they're standing on BTW?

Or pick up obvious (like 1 full yard) offsides even ?

The touchline official in this case was standing practically on top of the ball !

Steven Gerrard
England’s outstanding performer, delivering an assertive captain’s performance. Made the goal for Rooney with a whipped cross, struck the ball beautifully all night, either out of his feet or from set-pieces. 8

Ibrahimovic's goal was fucking stunning too by the way.

As easy as it is to slate him, you gotta applaud that shit.

...... But the supplier was Gerrard who turned in another man of the match display to help set up a last-eight meeting withItaly.
Rooney said: "Steven's delivery has been exceptional in this tournament.
"He's a world-class player and I thought tonight he was really brilliant.
"He drove us on at times. We're lucky to have a player like that in the team."

Uuuuggghhh the fucking media this morning. Rooney getting all the praise for doing fuck all. If Carroll had to have missed all those chances he'd be crucified.

Ibrahimovic's goal was fucking stunning too by the way.

As easy as it is to slate him, you gotta applaud that shit.

Ibra has been immense in this whole tournament, it has to be said. Even in the games Swedes lost, he arguably looked like the best player on the pitch.

Fair play to England at least they've given themselves a chance in this tournament.

Terry has been playing very well, but it's just a matter of time until his lack of pace cost you lot a goal (has he always been 'this slow'?).

This isn't because i think all mancs are cunts, but i thought Young, Wellbeck, Rooney and Milner were the only players who put in below average performances last night. Maybe Rooney just needs to find some match sharpness, but i'd deffo drop Young.

did anyone else think during the England game

What the fuck Stevie, why haven't you delivered from set pieces like that for us? I swear he's been shit at corner kicks for years

His delivery from set-pieces this tournament has been exceptional. He's wasted almost nothing.

Don't know if its because he's older or if its because he can't run as much anymore, but gerrard seems a lot more disciplined playing in the middle now. He's been awesome this tournament and has practically carried this England team. With him and Lucas in the middle things are looking good for us next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't agree.

Terry had a great game only bettered by Gerrard. Youve got your LFC glasses on.

I thought he was excellent against Sweden aswell, last night he was everywhere. I don't like the guy but he's looked back to his best the last couple of games.

Terry and Gerrard were outstanding. Some other ok performances.

Prob didn't deserve the win but we defended well and took our chance. And got a bit of luck for a change.

Italy should be very interesting.

Yeah he has no problem delivering when there's no pressure on him. Just doesn't have the bottle for big games. Sweden were out so he was relaxed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he has no problem delivering when there's no pressure on him. Just doesn't have the bottle for big games.

I think Ibrahimovic has played against Liverpool for Juventus and Inter Milan and I don't remember him ever presenting much of a problem to our defence.

Don't forget Ajax.

LOL at my age I forget lots. The only memory I have of Ajax was when they beat us 5-1 in Amsterdam in 1966. After this comprehensive thrashing, Shankly came out with a classic quote which I looked up to make sure I got it right:

"This was ridiculous. Ajax played defensive football on their own ground. We never play well against defensive teams."

LOL at my age I forget lots. The only memory I have of Ajax was when they beat us 5-1 in Amsterdam in 1966. After this comprehensive thrashing, Shankly came out with a classic quote which I looked up to make sure I got it right:

"This was ridiculous. Ajax played defensive football on their own ground. We never play well against defensive teams."
To be fair it was a pre-season friendly. I think we lost but he didnt score.

Fair play to England at least they've given themselves a chance in this tournament.

Terry has been playing very well, but it's just a matter of time until his lack of pace cost you lot a goal (has he always been 'this slow'?).

This isn't because i think all mancs are cunts, but i thought Young, Wellbeck, Rooney and Milner were the only players who put in below average performances last night. Maybe Rooney just needs to find some match sharpness, but i'd deffo drop Young.

Yes. He has other things in his locker to compensate, but a LOT of his success for Chavski was down to having Makelele in front of him and Carvalho alongside him. He's never been anything like as impressive for England, but Hodgson's preferred set-up suits him as it leaves a DM in front of him.

Am I the only one who thinks England deserve credit for finishing top of a group that a lot of people thought they wouldnt qualify from at all?

Am I the only one who thinks England deserve credit for finishing top of a group that a lot of people thought they wouldnt qualify from at all?

I think they do too. The manner they did it wasn't the most impressive, but it's results that count. I suspect they will improve as the tournament goes on too.

Of course they do deserve a lot of credit. They got the results, which is all the typical club fan expects of his club. Ideally there is scope for them to play better, but there is still time for them to improve as the competition progresses. That's something the Germans have done in the past although this time they seem to have hit the ground running.

This!

Was going to say exactly the same thing. So many posters claiming before the first ball was kicked that England wouldn't get out of the group and may finish without a point. Instead they topped the group and the only team not to taste defeat.

There's room for improvement for sure; how Milner has played each game is beyond me. He can play when he's in form but right now he looks terrible - the only good thing is he's occupying a defender on the right which has allowed Stevie the chance to deliver the ball himself.

I'd have got rid of Young after the first two but, after a nervy start, he played pretty well against the Ukraine.

Cole, Gerrard and Rooney are probably the only genuine, world class players that England have got. That said, Terry's form has been a bonus, Parker has come in for a lot of abuse but he's put himself about and never stopped running which is exactly what Gerrard has needed from him, Carroll performed when given the chance, Walcott and Oxlade have provided pace from the bench and Hart looks as good as any keeper at the tournament so far.

Whereas the England of the past 8 years has been inferior to the sum of its parts this one actually looks better than the sum of its parts. I think the key will be Rooney; he can either mover forward now and contribute to the team or he might drag it down. If it's the latter we'll be playing our last match against the Italians but if it's the former then anything is possible.

Terry is a whore and it was his mistake that led to that supposed goal-line clearance.
Fuck that overrated cunt.
The fact that he's even playing in the Euro's is a travesty considering what he said to Jar Jar's brother.
Doesn't it bother you lot that he's being praised after every game despite being shit?

Here's the goal Ukraine scored, have a look at Terry's positioning, world class defender my nuts:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/ukraines-ghost-goal-counted-though-line-v-england/

Look at the 5th(?) official at 0:18, his head isn't even in the right area to be making that kind of call. He should be leaning towards the right and with the score at 1-1 and half an hour to play, it would've been a whole different story. They are useless, they are only there to shift the blame from the linesman and the referee. The funny thing is it shouldn't have even got that far in the first place as Milevsky was offside as the ball travelled from left-back. Terry also got away with a handball in the penalty area late on in the game. The officials won't want to remember that match in a hurry. The crucial decisions have been poor and it started from the very beginning of the tournament with the bizarre sending off for Greece's Papastathopoulos in the opening game. Then onto Ireland's match with Croatia, Jelavic's goal should surely have been offside, when the Croatian player shot, he was about 2 yards off. Later on in the same game, Schildenfeld chopped Keane down from behind for a stonewall penalty at 3-1 with 20 minutes to go, which could well have altered the game. Onto the Denmark-Germany game were Bendtner was being forcefully dragged down by Badstuber in the penalty area when the score was 1-1 and he was also the last man which could have put Denmark 2-1 up and inevitably reduced Germany down to 10 men, seeing Denmark into the last eight and Germany out of the competition. Then the tackle on Karagounis in the Russia game were there is a 5th official staring straight at the collision so he can't be excused that his view was obscured. Keith Andrews' red card against Italy was another bizarre incident. Those are just a few that I remember. Now i'm turning into Neil Warnock...:eek: I do appreciate the tough job they have to do, but some of the decisions have been amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom