• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Mccoist said that the French were playing within themselves it really hit me, he summed up the phrase I was looking for the whole game to describe France's performance. He was spot on with that.

Which ones - Uefa ? England ? Germany ?

(Now France are gone, my other half is convinced this is Ukraine's year ...).

36C37EA9181177013719880888320_3ce5e6a54ff.1.4.4488799244432558758.mp4.jpg

Had one of my best ever days in Connecticut. Just after England had beaten Germany 5-1 and just before some loons flew some planes into some buildings. Woah. That was the same week.

Crazy. There were good times to be had in CT but not very many in a row. I was in Allentown PA that week, and remember watching the 5-1 game in disbelief.

Amazing : England ranked fourth in the world, Germany 12th.

Now we are relying on Southgate .. who we know will bench the players capable of playing up to that ranking and instead play his favourites that would struggle to get us into the Women's Top 10.

Not a great tournament for some strikers’ values, a few millions constantly being wiped off Levy’s valuation everytime England play in this tournament.

Well deserved. Overall England had the best chances (Maguire, Kane and then the two goals) though got away with one when Muller missed. Couple of good saves from Dinopick however he was lucky they were straight at him.

So Denmark vs England semi at Wembley on the cards?

Shevchenko (who is now coaching Ukraine, in case you didn’t know) switched to 3 at the back for this game. I think it’s the right decision tactically to match against the danger of Isak-Kulusevski pair; while Ukraine has 2 strikers vs 2 Sweden CBs. Let’s see if the players can fulfill that tactical plan.

So far both teams creating chances pretty easily; there will be goals.

Kept posting in the Germany England match.

Ukraine look comfortable here, scored a superb goal. (been quite a few this Euros)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom