• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda have to question Southgates subs. For instance, why sub Lingaard who isn't even in the squad and leave Trent on for 90mins?
Let's be honest Modo. Trent was never going to play any games anyway. Southgate only picked him as he didn't want the narrative of 'why didn't you pick Trent'. When they inevitably crash out.

Therefore playing him 90 minutes today was always going to happen.

Now Lingard will be in the squad.

Kinda have to question Southgates subs. For instance, why sub Lingaard who isn't even in the squad and leave Trent on for 90mins?
Maybe he wanted him to get him injured ? Anyway that coward can do the right thing now and get Lingard in the team.

Let's be honest Modo. Trent was never going to play any games anyway. Southgate only picked him as he didn't want the narrative of 'why didn't you pick Trent'. When they inevitably crash out.

Therefore playing him 90 minutes today was always going to happen.

Now Lingard will be in the squad.
Yeah, you're probably right.

Maybe he wanted him to get him injured ? Anyway that coward can do the right thing now and get Lingard in the team.
Have a feeling that he'll pick Ward-Prowse. They already have a bunch of wingers and Hendo is still not 100%.

Have a feeling that he'll pick Ward-Prowse. They already have a bunch of wingers and Hendo is still not 100%.
Don't be silly.. Southgate doesn't do that. He's a square peg, round hole kind of manager. He probably feels Maguire can anchor the midfield.

He subbed Lingaard for another player who isn't going to the Euros either.

The genius.

The friendlies are like a consolation prize for players who probably hate him now

Grealish has to start if England want to win.
Yep. Since Southgate loves his 3 at the back I'd go 3-2-3-1 which is more to our strengths than shoehorning in out of form players (Sterling & Rashford). You can have Grealish, Hendo and Sancho behind Kane and two wingbacks, I was going to say Shaw and Trent but ... so Shaw and James.

Grade 2 quad tear. Out for 4-6 weeks before returning to training according to reports.

So back for part of pre-season hopefully.

However can take as much as 2-3 months according to other sources.

Hopefully he's back for pre-season. Williams simply isn't good enough right now. I wonder if Jurgen might look to bring in a RB as cover.

I'm glad he got selected (for his confidence), but kind of glad he's not going (he only has a year to wait for the WC). It felt like the press were already setting him up to take the blame for England's inevitable failure in the summer. They'll have to find another scapegoat.

Hopefully he's back for pre-season. Williams simply isn't good enough right now. I wonder if Jurgen might look to bring in a RB as cover.

I'm glad he got selected (for his confidence), but kind of glad he's not going (he only has a year to wait for the WC). It felt like the press were already setting him up to take the blame for England's inevitable failure in the summer. They'll have to find another scapegoat.

We’re linked with Hysaj from Napoli on a free transfer (out of contract).

In 1992 in a warm up game for the Euros I wished for a John Barnes injury. There was a lot of speculation at the time of him moving to a big European team, so I reasoned him missing out on the tournament would make that less likely.
He tore his Achilles and was out for 5 months.
I feel guilty about that, to this day.

In 1992 in a warm up game for the Euros I wished for a John Barnes injury. There was a lot of speculation at the time of him moving to a big European team, so I reasoned him missing out on the tournament would make that less likely.
He tore his Achilles and was out for 5 months.
I feel guilty about that, to this day.
Was that the injury that curtailed his career somewhat or did it happen before that?

Kenny gets his first win as Ireland manager after looking likely to get sacked after going down 0-1 to Andorra before turning it around 4-1 with 35 mins to go. Parrot from Spurs with a brace. Great prospect.

Was that the injury that curtailed his career somewhat or did it happen before that?
He played for 5 more years pretty much as an ever present so hardly curtailed. He lost his pace so had to move into the middle and pull the strings.
Still watch is goal vs Blackburn and the Southampton goal!

He played for 5 more years pretty much as an ever present so hardly curtailed. He lost his pace so had to move into the middle and pull the strings.
Still watch is goal vs Blackburn and the Southampton goal!
If it's the injury that I think it is, then he wasn't really the same after that.

If it's the injury that I think it is, then he wasn't really the same after that.
You're right, he wasn't the same. Still a great player, but not the pacey powerful skilful winger he was in his earlier years with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom