• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Faboutho

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Saw this on some rumor mill:
[article]Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are apparently interested in securing the services of Fabinho. Liverpool have reportedly set an asking price of at least £50m.[/article]

1 year ago, I'd have said fuck off.
6 months ago, I'd have probably said double it and we may consider it.
Now? 50 million for a player who seems to be struggling physically?
I'm not sure we could say no to that kind of offer ...

depends who is replacing him

FbmXnpXUcAA6OrP.jpg:large

Will be like a new signing when he returns in Spring.

[article]Barcelona and Atletico Madrid are apparently interested in securing the services of Fabinho. Liverpool have reportedly set an asking price of at least £50m.[/article]

Nah, I wouldnt sell him. Struggeling at the start of this season doesnt mean its permanent.
We're replacing Ox, Keita and soon Henderson. Fabinho isnt a worry long term yet imho. Get him some help in midfield instead.

This is exactly the sort of thing we should do - for £50m we should bite their arm off and start gnawing on their rib cage.

Otherwise, we’ll spend the next 2 years reading posts complaining he “hasn’t got the legs anymore” before watching him leave on a free.

This is exactly the sort of thing we should do - for £50m we should bite their arm off and start gnawing on their rib cage.

Otherwise, we’ll spend the next 2 years reading posts complaining he “hasn’t got the legs anymore” before watching him leave on a free.

His contract expire in 2026.

This is the problem - everyone wants a rebuild, but no-one wants to sell any of the decent players.

We either start to do it while there is still value we can use to purchase someone else - or we stop whining about not signing loads of new players.

We can’t have it both ways.

If its Fabinho and swap him with Caicedo or however you spell it - you happy with that?
I'm sure we could squeeze a Tielemans out of those funds too.
If it's Fabs out and 2 quality midfielders that'd be great.
If it's Fabs out and money in the bank (someone's pocket), not so much.

I would rather sell thiago now first.
But there are tons of dross to move on first before fabs, if possible. ox, naby, nat, maybe even gomez

I wanted salah sold too, to finance the rebuild. still would.
vvd to bayern/barca next summer? trent to real? not unthinkable

I would rather sell thiago now first.
But there are tons of dross to move on first before fabs, if possible. ox, naby, nat, maybe even gomez

I wanted salah sold too, to finance the rebuild. still would.
vvd to bayern/barca next summer? trent to real? not unthinkable

We’re getting nothing for Naby & Ox - just funds in the wage budget.

Nat & Gomez combined would likely bring in enough to just about cover a CB to replace them - who’d be as good and would likely have to be homegrown.

We’ll get next to fuck all for Thiago as well.

That would be 5 players out of our squad of 25 needing replaced and we’d likely get a total of £50m combined for those we’re selling.

We’re getting nothing for Naby & Ox - just funds in the wage budget.

Nat & Gomez combined would likely bring in enough to just about cover a CB to replace them - who’d be as good and would likely have to be homegrown.

We’ll get next to fuck all for Thiago as well.

That would be 5 players out of our squad of 25 needing replaced and we’d likely get a total of £50m combined for those we’re selling.

Yes, I am not saying it is easy.
We had our chance to get some coin for some of those. Now it is gone.

This is the problem - everyone wants a rebuild, but no-one wants to sell any of the decent players.

We either start to do it while there is still value we can use to purchase someone else - or we stop whining about not signing loads of new players.

We can’t have it both ways.

The problem is that this is not how top teams operate.

They continually strengthen and then cut the fat as and when players want to leave or they feel they can make a decent profit on someone they don't need.

They don't sell first team players from an already pretty lean squad to fund a replacements on a 1-1 basis. You want to minimize disruption.

We haven't strengthened when we should've and we're now seeing a lot of disruption that will likely continue for a while. We also hold onto players for far too long (why the fuck has Phillips been kept here this season?).

Now you can argue perhaps that we're not a top club and / or that we are where we are so we have to make compromises... question is how and where.

Naby, Ox, Adrian, Milner and potentially Firmino are done at the end of the season.

That leaves us with:

GK: Alisson, Kelleher
CB: VVD, Konate, Matip, Gomez, Phillips
FB: TAA, Robertson, Tsimikas, Ramsay
CM: Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Elliot
FW: Salah, Nunez, Jota, Diaz, Carvalhlo,

The squad is lean as fuck. If our strategy is to sell off first team players to fund purchases whilst also bedding in players like Elliot, Carvalho and Ramsay and replacements for Henderson and Matip likely required in the near future, then it doesn't quite make sense to go for mega expensive players like Caceido. We might as well concede that we're in a Dortmund style position and look for a couple of projects.

Yeah sell the only proven player we have in that position to gamble on the replacement. Jeez.

I'd much rather we don't let anyone go until we have a proven replacement already at the club, whether that be a youngster who comes through to usurp them or a younger version bought in a season or so earlier who has proven his ability. Diaz for Mane was perfect. Nunez for Origi/Minamino, perfect (yeah, I know that is the exception). Ramsey for Trent in the future, great if that works out. Etc. Taking the money to then going and spend it for an inflated fee on whoever, yeah not so much.

Fabinho has been fantastic for us for several seasons. Is that it? We've decided on the back of a period in which half the team has been jaded that he wants booting out? I don't get it.

He's been below par - imo since the turn of the year ...
If we want to wait till he's 32 to move on from him - that's fine but not sure how we can start rejuvenating the midfield when our net spend is minimal, and our best assets to sell won't be sold (Salah, Alli, VvD, Trent etc) and those that we'll flog are just for frees. Gotta rebuild the midfield or we're fucked next year as the legs are going... going ....

Fernandinho played for City until he was 37. I dont see an issue with Fabinho being 32 in our midfield. It depends on who we bring in and the set up of the other players. If he plays with more dynamic and athletic midfielders I dont see an issue.

Fabinho has been below par and needs to sort his form out. But he's class and that doesnt change at the age of 29.
Its a shame that he is playing in the WC as he would have benefited from a break. Just like Pep Lijnders was talking about today and the enormous physical and mental pressure these players have been under for the last few years.
Fabs played nearly 60 games last season and 22 games so far this season.

Looking at some of our midfield set ups with Thiago, Fabinho, Elliott. A LOT of the defensive work and coverage of ground falls on Fabinho. You can even add Trent and Gomez in there and you can see the unbalance.
I dont think our squad is at a stage were we can sell one of the key parts when there are so many other issues in midfield. If we had done our part and added 2 starting midfielders in the previous windows then yeah we could possibly sell.
But as of now we cant, and shouldnt based on the latest 6 months.

Fernandinho played for City until he was 37. I dont see an issue with Fabinho being 32 in our midfield. It depends on who we bring in and the set up of the other players. If he plays with more dynamic and athletic midfielders I dont see an issue.

Fabinho has been below par and needs to sort his form out. But he's class and that doesnt change at the age of 29.
Its a shame that he is playing in the WC as he would have benefited from a break. Just like Pep Lijnders was talking about today and the enormous physical and mental pressure these players have been under for the last few years.
Fabs played nearly 60 games last season and 22 games so far this season.

Looking at some of our midfield set ups with Thiago, Fabinho, Elliott. A LOT of the defensive work and coverage of ground falls on Fabinho. You can even add Trent and Gomez in there and you can see the unbalance.
I dont think our squad is at a stage were we can sell one of the key parts when there are so many other issues in midfield. If we had done our part and added 2 starting midfielders in the previous windows then yeah we could possibly sell.
But as of now we cant, and shouldnt based on the latest 6 months.

It's based on 12 months, and i'm more concerned by what seems like a physical decline. The form may or may not be temporary, despite his class, but the physical decline may be. He seems slower in all facets of the game. He may turn it around, but all can agree our midfield needs serious replenishing and we have to fund that somehow as our owners won't invest the necessary $$$ it seems.

Players go through bad patches - if any one deserves slack its him. And when I look at his face, he knows its his fault. Come Jan and back from the WC, he will be back to his best.

I dont think its likely that its a permanent physical decline at the age of 29 without any significant injuries.
Its more a sum of all parts. Form, exhausted mentally and physically from the last few seasons and the current set up.

We'll have to replace him and the other midfielders that are leaving next summer if we go through with a sale.
I dont think its likely and I wouldnt do it.

I would love to know the full results of these lactate tests Milner destroys every season to see where Fabinho ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom