• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Football Finance

If they are even given the slightest penalty any time anyone mentions their achievements it will be associated with that guilty verdict.

It’s better for the league to severly punish them. It’s the only way they can save face.

If they allow politics to get involved it is the end of the premier league.

It won’t happen - they’ll be fined for failing to help or something and the rest will be “unestablished” or something - it’ll be enough for the Premier League to see they took the issue seriously and Nan City to claim they were vindicated and did nothing wrong.

Be even better for both if the new “independent” regulator was the one that pulled the pin on…. After a non-related “trade trip” to Abu Dhabi obviously.

LOL. There was also a story on the BBC yesterday that one of 777's main funders was suing them in New York for pledging security over assets that either didn't exist or which they didn't own. They accuse 777 of "operating a giant shell game at best, and an outright Ponzi scheme at worst, that takes money in from investors and lenders and shuffles it around to various money-losing alter egos in the enterprise to disguise their true financial condition."

I read elsewhere that Man City have issued "cease and desist" letters to a number of youtubers.

Forest's appeal against their points deduction was unsuccessful. I'm not surprised by this. The second Everton decision was very critical of the Forest decision, implying it was unduly lenient. I even wondered whether they might have been given a harsher penalty on appeal, reflecting that the original decision was a bad one, but I'm guessing the appeal commission thought that would have been too harsh.
Shame really, it would have been funny as fuck.

Looks like Moshiri may be about to abandon 777's bid - Articles from the you know what publication in the you know where place have been added

If Everton beat Sheff Utd tomorrow, they'll have enough points to go into administration next week and not be relegated.
And fair play to Dyche, that's a fucking miraculous achievement in the circumstances.

Looks like Moshiri may be about to abandon 777's bid - Articles from the you know what publication in the you know where place have been added
Those articles look pretty spot on to me. I'd been giving this some thought just this morning and came to very similar conclusions. Also worth noting that the BBC is saying 777 have called in restructuring experts as well.
The only thing making me doubt whether Everton will go into administration next week, assuming they have the 9-point buffer, is the knowledge that Moshiri / Usmanov are into the club for nearly £1bn, and if they go into administration there's a good chance they'll get next to nothing back. With Everton having a three-person board of directors, and Moshiri potentially voting against administration, it will need the other two directors to grow a pair to vote in favour and make it happen. And if they indicate they're going to do that, Moshiri can probably sack them before they do. But if they don't, and it's in the club's best interests that they do, they could become personally and criminally liable in the event of insolvency.
So basically, it needs Moshiri to admit he's lost the lot and do the right thing by the club / company. I'm not sure he will. Board shenanigans may follow.

Those articles look pretty spot on to me. I'd been giving this some thought just this morning and came to very similar conclusions. Also worth noting that the BBC is saying 777 have called in restructuring experts as well.
The only thing making me doubt whether Everton will go into administration next week, assuming they have the 9-point buffer, is the knowledge that Moshiri / Usmanov are into the club for nearly £1bn, and if they go into administration there's a good chance they'll get next to nothing back. With Everton having a three-person board of directors, and Moshiri potentially voting against administration, it will need the other two directors to grow a pair to vote in favour and make it happen. And if they indicate they're going to do that, Moshiri can probably sack them before they do. But if they don't, and it's in the club's best interests that they do, they could become personally and criminally liable in the event of insolvency.
So basically, it needs Moshiri to admit he's lost the lot and do the right thing by the club / company. I'm not sure he will. Board shenanigans may follow.

Hopefully they can string it out until after the season and then have the admin penalty apply next season… after they’ve sold what decent players they have (I’m pushing it by suggesting plural), then more points deducted again for breaking FFP.

Hopefully they can string it out until after the season and then have the admin penalty apply next season… after they’ve sold what decent players they have (I’m pushing it by suggesting plural), then more points deducted again for breaking FFP.
That would be a dream start to the season

Back
Top Bottom