• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Formula One 2022/23

Absolutely.
Most race wins
Most pole positions
Equal championships...

9e846ef69a89d7ca0889e176dcf7f154.jpg

Interesting grid today. Big chance for Pèrez to bag a win if the car goes the distance.

Merc have built an absolute shit box.

Give credit where its due.

I do.

Schumacher was one of the best drivers ever and singlehandedly won championships and developed cars at the same time.

Hamilton was a passenger in the best car without any competition and dressed funnily.

I do.

Schumacher was one of the best drivers ever and singlehandedly won championships and developed cars at the same time.

Hamilton was a passenger in the best car without any competition and dressed funnily.
I will give you that Hamilton dresses like a prick and acts like a prick (especially in his younger years).

However, those first couple of years in the McLaren, followed by 6 World titles for Mercedes.

He's on par with the cheat... sorry... Schumacher for me.

Last edited:
Interesting in the aftermath.

Russell: “the car felt in a good window”
Hamilton: “the car was undeliverable. Personally i maximised everything, i don’t know if we as a team did.”

Russell P5
Hamilton P10 (thanks to Bottas & Alonso retiring)

Stay classy.

The new cars have allowed for some close racing at the top.

Positive: it does genuinely seem like now it's easier to follow another car
Negative: it looks like the cars are not getting as big a tow (naturally) so they are having sort of a mad race to be second at the Drs detection point (which was considered break testing as per last season's definition). They need to find a solution for this by getting the Drs detection point location appropriate that such games are avoided...

Overall the battles between Leclerc and Verstapen has got my hopes up for the racing. Hopefully this evolves to more than 2 drivers scraping for wins consistently leading to very unpredictable race and strategies.

Last edited:
The new cars has allowed for some close racing at the top.

Positive: it does genuinely seem like now it's easier to follow another car
Negative: it looks like the cars are not getting as big a toe (naturally) so they are having sort of a mad race to be second at the Drs detection point (which was considered break testing as per last season's definition). They need to find a solution for this by getting the Drs detection point location appropriate that such games are avoided...

Overall the battles between Leclerc and Verstapen has got my hopes up for the racing. Hopefully this evolves to more than 2 drivers scraping for wins consistently leading to very unpredictable race and strategies.
Yes it was ironic it was at the same track and involved Verstappen again. This time he was on the receiving end.

Was pretty naughty by both. But made for good viewing.

Max on LeClerc "His lights aren't working.. that's unfair"

Max again on LeClerc "He's over the white line.. that's not allowed"

Max again on LeClerc "He's over the white line again.. that's so unfair"

Max again on LeClerc (under the VSC) "He's closed the gap on me... how is that fair?"

LeClerc at the end of the race.. "Congrats to Max, that was a nice race"

And that's the reason why neutrals do not like Red Bull or Max.

You are aware they pick and chose what radio comms are released? All the drivers complain about everything. Every little thing. It adds to the “drama”. Nobody gives a fuck what Ocon has to say so it’s not broadcast.

Hamilton lapped by Verstappen.

That's how good he is when he's not a passenger in the best car by a country mile.
Don't be a bitter. Russell is 5th. Hamiltons heart clearly isn't on it this year. The lack of winter development is evident too.

Quite an exciting Spanish GP for a change.

Yeah, the heat, some sporadic wind, and new regs seem to liven it up. Sainz has had his fourth bad race in a row - he'll be happy to have signed that contract when he did.

Strong suspect the Championship will be decided on which of the Red Bulls or Ferrari's blows up the least.

Mercedes making some strides to become the third quickest car.

Bottas having a great season in the Alfa.

Ugh.. getting really sick of this rain and delay the start.

A bit of rain is exactly what the Monaco GP needed.

That was a great monaco GP, in relation to most. The ability to follow closely was great - that would never happen in the past. Having so many pit stops was also great for a level of jeopardy. Great to see Checo win. If Max DNFs again he could be starting to think about having a Rosberg situation if he keeps performing so well.

I think generally he was given too much of a hard time last season. He came into a car built for Max and struggled to adapt with some big gaps between the two of them. This season they're coming in more equal and Checo is really showing some of his ability. Obviously there is no way RB will favour him over Max, but if he keeps performing he may well start to challenge based on his own merit. The team orders last race were easy for RB to make as they were in different phases of their tyres - if Checo was 1 and Max 2 in more equal strategies I don't think they would do it again.

Baku should be an interesting one - one huge straight that will favour the RB and lots of medium pace corners that will favour the Ferrari. Already calling it - Russell to be 5th (or higher if one of the top 4 retires).

Baku should be an interesting one - one huge straight that will favour the RB and lots of medium pace corners that will favour the Ferrari. Already calling it - Russell to be 5th (or higher if one of the top 4 retires).
That last comment was very Michael Owen.

A driver who has finished in the top 5 every race.. to be predicted to finish in the top 5.

Oooh you devil.

That last comment was very Michael Owen.

A driver who has finished in the top 5 every race.. to be predicted to finish in the top 5.

Oooh you devil.

You’re right, it’s a dodgy prediction as he’s streets ahead of his team mate.

Two DNFs for each of Max & Charles this season now bringing arguably a more accurate view to Sunday racing performances. I hope the engine troubles get sorted soon as the races where neither have DNF'd have been epic.

Back
Top Bottom