• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Formula One 2022/23

Red Bull are going to cruise to a Constructors and Driver Championship win at this rate.

Ferrari are going to run out of engines and Mercedes aren't in the same league.

Red Bull are going to cruise to a Constructors and Driver Championship win at this rate.

Ferrari are going to run out of engines and Mercedes aren't in the same league.

Yeah - and v annoying when the cars actually look like producing great racing moments. We've seen how quickly the table can swing though and it only needs a DNF from Max to shake it all up again

Yeah - and v annoying when the cars actually look like producing great racing moments. We've seen how quickly the table can swing though and it only needs a DNF from Max to shake it all up again

Toff boy is going to finish 5 (or higher) his way to the championship.

That was a pretty shit race all things considered - I hate any track/race where the only strategy for overtakes is DRS down a long straight with a slow turn at the end. Yawn fest.

I'm guessing Juri Vips would refuse to take the knee then.

One way to ruin your career before it's even started.

Stroll in the park for Verstappen. Nobody is going to touch him this season.

It’ll be Hamilton’s last season too. Silly error today. He knew Alonso was there. Im not buying this blind spot crap.

Last edited:
Stroll in the park for Verstappen. Nobody is going to touch him this season.

It’ll be Hamilton’s last season too. Silly error today. He knew Alonso was there. Im buying this blind spot crap.
Yeah he expected Alonso to slam on the brakes. He didn't. 100% Hamiltons fault that one.

He's spot on. Lewis spent too long cruising around in the quickest, almost untouchable car with Bottas acting like a red shell from Mario Kart behind him. He's not looking remotely 'GOAT-like' when racing amongst drivers in equal cars.

He's spot on. Lewis spent too long cruising around in the quickest, almost untouchable car with Bottas acting like a red shell from Mario Kart behind him. He's not looking remotely 'GOAT-like' when racing amongst drivers in equal cars.

He's nowhere near Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Lauda, Fangio et al.

He's had an annual ticket in the best car for a while alongside mostly shite team mates. Rosberg was the only half decent and beat him.

Oh behave... they are not in equal cars this year by any stretch of the imagination. You could argue he outshone Alonso in an equal car and it was a close battle between he and Rosberg, but Hamilton arguably won out there as well.

Oh behave... they are not in equal cars this year by any stretch of the imagination. You could argue he outshone Alonso in an equal car and it was a close battle between he and Rosberg, but Hamilton arguably won out there as well.

Not saying he's in an equal car to Max, but watch him racing George, or the Alpines/McLarens and he's not exactly setting the world alight.

Not saying he's in an equal car to Max, but watch him racing George, or the Alpines/McLarens and he's not exactly setting the world alight.
Apparently if it wasn't for Perez' spin (which by the way was very dodgy... he didn't touch anything yet stopped the car).. Hamilton would have been pole*

*according to Wolff.

What are the odds for this exact string off safety car events to happen at Zandvoort?

Hamilton/Mercedes duo again too passive when it requires quick and positive decision making.

For me.. they need to change the rules.. no pitting under VSC or SC. Unless your car was involved in the incident which caused the SC (I.e. clear damage).

It just ruins strategy time after time.

I think I'd like to see how that works for a period too, if it hasn't already been tried......but that system will have it's flaws too....(when our fav driver benefits or loses because of it our emotions will swing with that)
Someone who pitted just before a safety car will luck out big time and also has other questions.
What happens if a car gets puncture because of the debris when running behind SC, but was not involved in the accident that caused the safety?

I think I'd like to see how that works for a period too, if it hasn't already been tried......but that system will have it's flaws too....(when our fav driver benefits or loses because of it our emotions will swing with that)
Someone who pitted just before a safety car will luck out big time and also has other questions.
What happens if a car gets puncture because of the debris when running behind SC, but was not involved in the accident that caused the safety?
A puncture you have the data and can prove to FIA.

For me.. they need to change the rules.. no pitting under VSC or SC. Unless your car was involved in the incident which caused the SC (I.e. clear damage).

It just ruins strategy time after time.

I also think one of the problems is the difference that a VSC makes compared to an SC. I.e. on a VSC you can't bunch back up. I'm not sure I totally understand the difference in triggers for either.

I don't think the rules about pitting should change (or would change) as it makes the races exciting and everyone has the choice to benefit from it. But it feels like a lottery whether we get a VSC or an SC. With an SC for the Yuki incident then Lewis would have been right behind Max but on a quicker tyre rather than held back at a prescribed gap.

I also think one of the problems is the difference that a VSC makes compared to an SC. I.e. on a VSC you can't bunch back up. I'm not sure I totally understand the difference in triggers for either.

I don't think the rules about pitting should change (or would change) as it makes the races exciting and everyone has the choice to benefit from it. But it feels like a lottery whether we get a VSC or an SC. With an SC for the Yuki incident then Lewis would have been right behind Max but on a quicker tyre rather than held back at a prescribed gap.
VSC is if you can clear the track without getting any machinery on the track. And if there is a sufficient gap in order for marshalls to clear the track.

Full SC if their isn't a gap.. and/or if any machinery is needed to enter inside the parameter to clear the track. I.e. a crane on the outside wouldn't trigger a SC but a tractor entering the track would.

This was a change post the Jules Bianchi crash.

Red flag if there needs to be repairs to parimeters and/or prolonged cleaning of the track.

It's the time gained under pitting under a SC/VSC or red flag which bugs me. Its luck over strategy.

Back
Top Bottom