• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Goodbye Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still stand by my signature - 'Remember the name - Brodgers'. I still think he can and will be a legend here.

So Brodgers get my vote of confidence (albeit, in popular belief, votes of confidence are dreaded kisses of death, but not in my case, obviously)

Bout the regression bit, i think my meaning may have been misinterpreted wrongly.

Hey, Bruce Wayne did get out of the pit, eventually, didn't he ?

"Why do we fall Master Wayne? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."

#YNWA

Hmmm..so even with the renowned "Tuttomercato" "leaking the news", no-one (apart from the Metro LOL) have "run" with it?

Oh, hang on, the BBC sports gossip page also has it.
Along with some guff about Gerrard going to Inter in January.

When I saw the thread title, I'll admit I was momentarily concerned/bemused, thinking that we couldn't possibly have sacked Rodgers after less than a third of the season.

And lo, we haven't.

Misleading thread title is shit and misleading.

This nonsense could have been added to the "Sack Him" discussion.

Simply fucking awful.

And why is Glock back?

I thought he'd been (finally) banned?

Who let the cunt back in?

I admit the title was misleading but that's also why thread titles should come with the edit function.

I tried to edit the title and add a '?' to it but wasn't able to. There's no edit button !

I still fail to see all this creativity that Mario is ignoring
Yes he's missed some chances, but We're still not making many clear cut chances.

Coutinho is still inconsistent, sterling is off the boil, Gerrard is among shite, Lallana hasn't created the most yet.

We're not closing down as a unit, we're not attacking with pace, everyone is hesitating with the ball

That's not Marios fault

I don't know mate, sometimes it's down to the kind of runs we don't make. He gets caught offside ALOT when we try to play him the way we play Sturridge. Gerrard absolutely thrived behind Torres, he said himself it was the first time he'd had "those sort of runs" to look for since Owen played, that season with Torres he was up there in the goals and assists. He's always contributed heavily, but his peak coincided with a partner to play off. Of course it's not Mario's fault and he himself might thrive with a strike partner. As things are though we've tried to shoehorn a centre forward into a "shoulder of the defender" striker and it's painful. Maybe Sturridge will cure both ills - we'll have a bit of bite and pace upfront AND Mario might start playing.

Maybe Sturridge will cure both ills - we'll have a bit of bite and pace upfront AND Mario might start playing.

This is my hope. Mario playing just deeper than Sturridge with two of Sterling/Countinho/Lallana/Markovic in wide advanced positions. There was enough there in the Spurs game (when Balotelli was patently unfit) to suggest this might just work.

I still stand by my signature - 'Remember the name - Brodgers'. I still think he can and will be a legend here.

So Brodgers get my vote of confidence (albeit, in popular belief, votes of confidence are dreaded kisses of death, but not in my case, obviously)

Bout the regression bit, i think my meaning may have been misinterpreted wrongly.

Hey, Bruce Wayne did get out of the pit, eventually, didn't he ?

"Why do we fall Master Wayne? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."

#YNWA

Eh?

No chance this is a real story, if we sack Rodgers then we deserve to become a laughing stock, thats a Chelsea level of cunt behavior right there

This is a valid question to ask given Rodgers' tactical decisions this season haven't made sense on paper or on the pitch.

Yes, this all make sense because success is a straight-line right? ANy set-backs, and the man is OUT!

No room for two steps forward and one step back here!

It certainly won't help now that Werner and FSG made such a point of stressing their continuing support for the last management team shortly before bombing them out. Hopefully they learnt their lesson and won't try that game again, but the precedent has been set and the press will seize on that even if FSG do dismiss the rumours. But it's an absurd state of affairs when Sturridge isn't even back and the team is clearly in transition. Rodgers clearly needs a teensy bit of a nudge when it comes to issues such as the defensive set up, but otherwise he has enough credit to be supported throughout the season.

IMHO he needs a bit more than a teensy nudge about the defence, but otherwise I'm right with you. My hope is that FSG will simply blank the rumours and not dignify them with a response.

Yes, this all make sense because success is a straight-line right? ANy set-backs, and the man is OUT!

How many backward steps are you allowed have? We should be looking at his progress and seeing if he's the right option. I still think he is, but to just assume the way we're performing is ok, is wrong.

How many backward steps are you allowed have? We should be looking at his progress and seeing if he's the right option. I still think he is, but to just assume the way we're performing is ok, is wrong.

Gerry, Captain Common sense to the rescue - you're right. I just think the man proved himself last year, and he's allowed as much time as he needs within reason. I think this season has been painful, but there's cause for optimism. Somewhere. I just misplaced it.

no one said it was 'ok' . How many backwards steps has he had?

Problem is, it's more like two steps back.
What makes it even worse is that we spent a whole lot of money in the summer.

Regarding Rafa and his transfers...I think Brendan has surpassed Rafa with regards to expensive failures or "jury still out" players.
I can actually only think of two players Rafa spent over £10 mill on and failed, Aqua and Keane.

Yes inflation, today's market etc matters.

IMHO he needs a bit more than a teensy nudge about the defence, but otherwise I'm right with you. My hope is that FSG will simply blank the rumours and not dignify them with a response.
Actually I want Henry to respond. His comments are highly amusing.

Problem is, it's more or less two steps back.

Regarding Rafa and his transfers...I think Brendan has surpassed Rafa with regards to expensive failures or "jury still out" players.
I can actually only think of two players Rafa spent over £10 mill on and failed, Aqua and Keane.

RyanBabelrapping.jpg

Problem is, it's more like two steps back.

This isnt a thread about Rafa though is it?
But seeing as you brought him up.
He bought 59 players, I counted 18 good signings and some of them werent even that tbh.
Rodgers got some way to go before he's in that league.
We've bought younger players with potential and if they dont work out we'll get our money back.
We had to give loads of Rafas players away while paying their salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom