• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be looking for creative midfielders and from what I've seen none of them are. One can shoot and the other is more of a holding midfielder. They're decent not potentially world class whatever that means.
We need goals right?
How about (and this might be a really stupid idea) finding midfielders who create chances for our strikers?

haha yea true gylfi is good at passing though to more so than allen who is more of the lucas type and i definitely dont want to replace him.

We should be looking for creative midfielders and from what I've seen none of them are. One can shoot and the other is more of a holding midfielder. They're decent not potentially world class whatever that means.
We need goals right?
How about (and this might be a really stupid idea) finding midfielders who create chances for our strikers?

You'd better add: provide assists and score oodles of goals or you've basically described Stewart Downing. He created more chances than everyone with the exception of Aaron Lennon last year (read somewhere cant be sure where :/). Then again, cant blame poor stewie for all our strikers misfirings either I suppose

Georcouff-whatshisname

I must admit he's the kind of player I'd like to see us go for as a cheap bet with a potential awesome outcome.

He was amazing a over few Seasons for Lyon looking destined for greater things but has then gone from bad to worse ever since. But he's still a footballer and who knows with the right guidance/inspiration/kick-up-the-ass he'd be that player again. Worth the punt maybe?

You'd better add: provide assists and score oodles of goals or you've basically described Stewart Downing. He created more chances than everyone with the exception of Aaron Lennon last year (read somewhere cant be sure where :/). Then again, cant blame poor stewie for all our strikers misfirings either I suppose

That's a bullshit stat. I bet crossing a ball to no one in the box counts as a scoring opportunity.
Georcouff-whatshisname

I must admit he's the kind of player I'd like to see us go for as a cheap bet with a potential awesome outcome.

He was amazing a over few Seasons for Lyon looking destined for greater things but has then gone from bad to worse ever since. But he's still a footballer and who knows with the right guidance/inspiration/kick-up-the-ass he'd be that player again. Worth the punt maybe?

Gourcuff is still young and I'd love it if we signed him.

He hasn't quite his pace, but dare I say there's something of the young Gerrard about the way he runs/moves with the ball. Something to do with his gait.

Always been an interesting prospect since his Reading days. Will be slightly surprised if Rodgers add salt to wound by 'stealing' him from under Swansea's nose though.

Always been an interesting prospect since his Reading days. Will be slightly surprised if Rodgers add salt to wound by 'stealing' him from under Swansea's nose though.

He may not want to join Swansea now

Was thinking that but apparently the player wants to play for Rodgers not Swansea.

If so the club will have to be wear it.

I bet you I could find a youtube clip that would make Downing look like Ronaldo.
If this Sigurdson fella is so good why isn't any top teams in England or any where else in the world after him?

I bet you I could find a youtube clip that would make Downing look like Ronaldo.
If this Sigurdson fella is so good why isn't any top teams in England or any where else in the world after him?

Because they can only play 11 men at a time? :p

Its horses for courses, isn't it? Rather than signing someone just because he's deem good. He was linked with the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal previously.

i Understand the whole youtube thing sorry about that im naive in that respect lol, you've got me there i still think he's a terrific talent though and well worth a punt at 7M i'd say he's better than gourcuff who you seem to admire and dont worry i've seen the youtube videos of him ;) lol

Was thinking that but apparently the player wants to play for Rodgers not Swansea.

If so the club will have to be wear it.

Indeed :)

Swansea have agreed a club record £6.8m fee with German outfit Hoffenheim as well as personal terms with the player, but he is yet to put pen to paper on the move.

Sigurdsson was involved in Iceland’s friendly against Sweden in Gothenburg last night and was due for a medical at Swansea later this week before completing the move.

But Rodgers’ move to Anfield could scupper the transfer, with the outgoing boss playing a huge part in convincing Sigurdsson to join the Swans.

The pair worked together during Rodgers’ ill-fated six-month spell at Reading before Sigurdsson was sold to Hoffenheim for £6.5m in 2010.

Sigurdsson jumped at the chance to link up with Rodgers again in January after falling out of favour at Hoffenheim and enjoyed a highly successful loan spell at Swansea, scoring seven goals.

Speaking when he first signed in January, Sigurdsson said: “Brendan was a huge reason for me coming here. We had a quick chat, but he didn’t need to sell the move to me.

“He’s a terrific coach. I respect him as a manager and that’s really important.”

Markus Babbel's the manager there aswell, you'd think he would give us first dibs anyway. ;) So long as the transfer hasn't already been concluded. We might actually score a direct free-kick if we get him.

Markus Babbel's the manager there aswell, you'd think he would give us first dibs anyway. ;) So long as the transfer hasn't already been concluded. We might actually score a direct free-kick if we get him.
I'd rather we save £7 Million, keep Aquilani and invest that money plus a little more on some wingers.

I'd rather we save £7 Million, keep Aquilani and invest that money plus a little more on some wingers.

No way Modo. Sigurdsson can actually play in this league to good effect. Aquilani has 90 minutes against Portsmouth to his name as a good performance. His time with us has been a disaster from day one. We'd be better off putting his wages for next year into a transfer fee for Sigurdsson or anyone else for that matter. Aqua needs to stay in Italy so we can close the chapter on his rubbish transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom