• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hoffenheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our whole season rests on this tie. I am quite sure there will be no transfer activity until we're through or out. If we go out we're in deep shit because coutinho will go (he's going 100% either way) and we'll get a decent fee but very few top players will want to join us so we will sign Sigurdsson, Gibson etc.

If we win and qualify for the group stages I reckon Rakatic will become part of the Coutinho deal; we'll get him, Van Dijk and at least one other very good new player (hopefully, though unlikely, Keita).

Hoffenheim fan :

Our defence lost a key player. So did our midfield. Süle and Rudy are now playing for Bayern Munich and it would be a miracle if Nagelsmann managed to substitute them both fully. But maybe he has, we can’t know. The season hasn’t really started yet hence it is difficult to say.

But you simply have one advantage: You are so effing experienced. For our young team, and despite all the success in last year’s season or the national teams, the first opponent will be their nerves. Tomorrow and even more next week’s Wednesday.

So they were unbeaten at home last year, are strong in transition and the counterattack, and very good at set pieces. We're missing Coutinho and Lallana and still leak goals for fun. None of that bodes well for this team or this tie.

This is going to be a nervy Olympiacos arse clenching nightmare isn't it?

Hopefully matches like Dortmund will be to our advantage. I hope we just turn up and smash them to tonight. It's all on Salah and Mane bagging us some away goals.

Last edited:
........ and very good at set pieces. We're missing Coutinho and Lallana and still leak goals for fun. None of that bodes well for this team or this tie.

From an interview with the opposition on ROusing the Kop :

Liverpool conceded two set-piece goals away to Watford on Saturday. How much of a threat are Hoffenheim from these situations and who are the key men in such scenarios?

We used to be much better. I can hardly remember a set-piece goal. (There was one last season against Mönchengladbach but that was more by accident than intention.)
With Salihovic, these situations used to be really dangerous for our opponents. But ever since then, we have no real striker or key player for such moments – except a penalty. These are usually done by Kramaric who used to play for Leicester until Christmas in their championship season.

However, as far as corner and free-kicks are concerned, we do have pretty tall players as well as technically well-talented ones. And a manager who usually changes the things that ought to be improved.
--------------

That's somewhat contradictory but maybe it points to being more dangerous from corners than set piece FKs etc.

20915161_1681208935244442_7269314302711441681_n.png

Our whole season rests on this tie. I am quite sure there will be no transfer activity until we're through or out. If we go out we're in deep shit because coutinho will go (he's going 100% either way) and we'll get a decent fee but very few top players will want to join us so we will sign Sigurdsson, Gibson etc.

If we win and qualify for the group stages I reckon Rakatic will become part of the Coutinho deal; we'll get him, Van Dijk and at least one other very good new player (hopefully, though unlikely, Keita).
Makes sense this post.

The only players I recognise from that team are Baumann, Demirbay and Wagner.
All pretty decent players.
I don't watch the Bundesliga that much, or at all any more since B.Munchen are dominating the league so I'm really not sure what to expect from Hoffenheim.
If it's the team from a few years ago that had Firmino in it, then we would be in trouble. That's about all I can say.

Liverpool name an unchanged line-up for tonight’s Champions League play-off, first-leg clash with Hoffenheim in Germany.

The Reds have elected to go with the same team that was deployed at Watford on Saturday for the game at the Rhein-Neckar-Arena.
Liverpool: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Can, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Karius, Klavan, Gomez, Milner, Grujic, Solanke, Origi.

Not having your most dependable player (Milner) in a must-win tie is just ridiculous.

Why the sudden love for Moreno after freezing him out for a year?

Not many options though. Looks like Robertson isn't ready yet so the only sensible change would be Milner for Moreno or Wijnaldum.
Hopefully Solanke comes on instead of Ngog this time.

I assumed the only reason Moreno played Saturday was so Milner could cover tonight ...

I'm sat in an O'Neills in Camden of all places. Hoping the people behind the bar actually understood that there is a match on tonight.

A better option than The Lucas Arms. No idea if that even shows the footy but no doubt it would've led to disappointment.

I don't think he's putting them all back out there because he was happy on Saturday.

Hoffenheim XI: Baumann, Kaderabek, Bicakcic, Hubner, Rupp, Demirbay, Zuber, Vogt, Gnabry, Wagner, Kramaric.
Subs: Kobel, Nordtveit, Toljan, Amiri, Uth, Szalai, Heiger.

Hoffenheim XI: Baumann, Kaderabek, Bicakcic, Hubner, Rupp, Demirbay, Zuber, Vogt, Gnabry, Wagner, Kramaric.
Subs: Kobel, Nordtveit, Toljan, Amiri, Uth, Szalai, Heiger.

Never heard of the lot except for Kramaric who is fucking shit. We'll smash them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom