• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really ? Let me guess:
1) The right doctor not available ?
2) we interviewed and the one we wanted went to Real Madrid
3) Klopp thinks we can manage with the NHS like everyone else, so we have looked for solutions internally.
4) we will look to sign a doctor in January if players are still injured in large numbers. Otherwise if there are no injuries we cannot integrate him into the Liverpool FC family

Google around but couldn't find any updates.

Read this piece of wisdom from Chris Sutton.

Speaking on Jota’s injury, Chris Sutton remarked: “Liverpool have had plenty of injuries, this is a nightmare. They don't need this, it's not a good sight [Jota going off on a stretcher].”

How much are these guys paid again?

Hopefully we will hear the injury details soon. Would be so good if it isn’t a bad one, although not looking great so far.

Jurgen Klopp was not overly optimistic over Diogo Jota‘s injury after he was stretchered off in the final moments of Liverpool’s 1-0 win against Man City.
Deep into stoppage time of the Reds’ memorable win over Pep Guardiola’s side, Jota dropped to the turf in clear discomfort.

It came after he pulled short in a challenge, quickly grabbing the back of his right leg before a stretcher was called to take him off the pitch.
After missing the first six games of the season, with the same injury, it looks to be yet another cruel blow for both Jota and Liverpool.
The full extent of the damage will not be known until Monday at the earliest and Klopp was left wishing it was a point he didn’t need to discuss after the victory.
“We miss the next one with Diogo. He felt real pain in that moment but I have no idea how bad it is,” Klopp first told Sky Sports.
“If Diogo stays down it is not Good.

“I saw it inside on the screen, I’m the first who saw it, when he goes down there is not a lot of contact.
“I can see a little bit [that] someone kicks his foot and then maybe the muscle got overstretched.
“After 96 minutes that is not good for a muscle, he felt it immediately and now we have to wait [to see] how bad it is.”
With Luis Diaz already sidelined until after the World Cup, it’s not an injury Liverpool need, especially when persisting with the 4-4-2 system.
The Reds can only hope that it is not a serious issue for Jota with eight games to come in the next 27 days before the World Cup, not to mention the No. 20 will not want to miss representing Portugal.

Last edited:
his Is AnfieldLiverpool FC News
Calvin Ramsay fitness update after latest Liverpool absence

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/10/calvin-ramsay-fitness-update-after-latest-liverpool-absence/

Liverpool right-back Calvin Ramsay is yet to feature in any games so far this season, with the youngster still working on his fitness after injury.
Ramsay arrived as one of four new signings at Anfield in the summer transfer window, with high hopes for the £6.5 million addition from Aberdeen.

But a back injury discovered on the first day of pre-season has limited his involvement, only recently rejoining full training and making the matchday squad for the 2-0 win at home to Rangers.
That remains his only appearance in any capacity, missing the subsequent trips to Arsenal and Rangers, and the 19-year-old is not expected to be back for the visit of Man City on Sunday either.
While his team-mates took in a session at the AXA Training Centre on Friday, including rondos, head tennis and shooting drills, Ramsay was spotted running around the pitches alone.
It comes as part of an extended individual programme for the Scot, who may have suffered a minor setback after almost three months out injured previously.

The extent of his back problems has meant that Ramsay is now effectively undergoing a delayed pre-season, and his minutes on the pitch will be carefully managed in the weeks to come.
“Calvin is not ready to play but [I am] over the moon he can train now,” Jurgen Klopp said at the end of September.
“He needs now training, training, training – there will be a moment he plays U21s so he can get a game.”
There is a chance that he is involved as early as Tuesday night, when the Liverpool under-21s head to Accrington Stanley in the EFL Trophy.
A clash with League One opposition could be the ideal start for Ramsay, who is already an accomplished senior professional with 28 appearances in the Scottish Premiership and six in UEFA Europa Conference League qualifying.

If he is deemed fit, he could fill in for Isaac Mabaya as Barry Lewtas‘ right-back, with the 18-year-old absent in recent weeks after picking up an injury of his own.
After that, Ramsay will be gradually introduced into the senior fold, which should come at an opportune moment with Trent Alexander-Arnold still sidelined with an ankle problem.
The hope will be that the No. 22 is fit and ready for the League Cup clash with Derby on November 9, with the chance, too, of minutes in the Champions Leagueagainst Napoli if Group A is already wrapped up by November 1.
Much remains up in the air regarding Ramsay’s fitness, but there should be no agitation among supporters, with his integration always due to be a long-term process.

Google around but couldn't find any updates.

Read this piece of wisdom from Chris Sutton.

Speaking on Jota’s injury, Chris Sutton remarked: “Liverpool have had plenty of injuries, this is a nightmare. They don't need this, it's not a good sight [Jota going off on a stretcher].”

How much are these guys paid again?
Sutton really is dogshit at times (he had us down to lose 1-4 yesterday) but at least there he's highlighting an issue affecting our form that most pundits don't even mention.

Reports that Diogo will have X-ray today to see what’s what. Sounds like there are fears he won’t play for a while. Awful for him, and for the team and fans …
Such a shame we are blighted with so many injuries.

World Cup doubt? Liverpool and Jota anxiously await news of calf injury suffered against Man City

Liverpool are anxiously awaiting further assessment of Diogo Jota's calf injury amid fears the forward's World Cup dreams could be in doubt.
  • Jota injured in dying stages vs City
  • Left field on stretcher
  • World Cup less than five weeks away
WHAT'S HAPPENING? Jota left the field on a stretcher having gone down in the dying moments of Liverpool's 1-0 win over Manchester City at Anfield on Sunday. The 25-year-old is understood to have suffered a calf injury and GOAL understands he will undergo further assessment from the Reds' medical staff today, amid fears he is set for a significant lay-off.

THE BIGGER PICTURE: In the immediate term, Jota will miss crucial games for his club, with Liverpool set to play seven times between now and November 12. But beyond that there is the looming spectre of the World Cup, which gets underway in Qatar next month. Jota is a regular for Portugal, who get their Group H campaign up and running against Ghana on November 24.
AND WHAT'S MORE: Liverpool, meanwhile, are already without a host of first-teamers, with Luis Diaz out until December, Joel Matip and Ibrahima Konate still sidelined and Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain yet to feature at all this season. Trent Alexander-Arnold, however, made an earlier-than-expected return to action as a substitute on Sunday.

THE VERDICT: What a cruel blow this would be for a player who has worked so hard to make his way back to full fitness following the hamstring injury which kept him out for two months at the start of the campaign. Jota may not be scoring like he was last season, but his endeavour, aggression and intelligence has helped Liverpool rediscover some of their old form of late, and he will be a big miss for Jurgen Klopp. On a personal level, it would be devastating if the player had to miss out on the biggest footballing event in the world - a tournament he would have fancied himself to make a big impact in, too.
WHAT NEXT FOR LIVERPOOL? The Reds are next in action on Wednesday, when they entertain West Ham at Anfield. They then visit Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Nunez & Fabio on the left, no rest for Bobby and Salah staying on the right.

Could really use an extra player to throw into the mix up front.....Ox is back in training.

I think when Konate & Matip are back we’ll move Gomez to RB and rotate a front 4 of Nunez, Fabio on left, Nunez, Bobby & Salah in front two and Elliot & Trent on the right.

He'll be out for a month minimum I'm sure. Might make the WC, but I doubt he's playing for us again this half of the season.

Yeah, thats probably the case. At least a calf injury is better than a season ending knee injury.
But that left side of ours is getting really thin with 7 games before the WC. Carvalho will get loads of game time.

Yeah, thats probably the case. At least a calf injury is better than a season ending knee injury.
But that left side of ours is getting really thin with 7 games before the WC. Carvalho will get loads of game time.

I’m sad for Diogo.
Although I do reckon Carvelho will do us proud.

Really ? Let me guess:
3) Klopp thinks we can manage with the NHS like everyone else, so we have looked for solutions internally.
4) we will look to sign a doctor in January if players are still injured in large numbers. Otherwise if there are no injuries we cannot integrate him into the Liverpool FC family

We need to sign at least 4 Doctors - fucking FSG tightarses!!!

Really ? Let me guess:

Whatever you think of moron's posts, he has knocked it out of the park with this one.

Whatever you think of moron's posts, he has knocked it out of the park with this one.

Thank you @peekay for your nice comments, but I just realized that there is a 5th reason which many of you on here would agree with (not me and quite a few others - but many of you...)

5) The doctor from last season was so good he almost completed medicine by providing us a full squad of players at one stage, no other doctor in PL history has ever done that. That's why we must maintain our trust and faith in him and wait for him to come back from his long-term illness.

Anybody being resurrected in time for Wedt Ham? What's the latest on
Konate
Jones
Ramsay
Ox

All of them were meant to be close to a return at some point in the last week

Damn. That was not good news. He has been incredibly unlucky with injuries this season. Hopefully he'll be back when the league starts after the WC.

That’s awful luck to lose Diaz and Jota - our two arguably world class options at left forward - in the space of 10 days.

If we’re going with a genuine 4-4-2 in some games (Spurs away for instance), I wouldn’t be averse in this situation to seeing Kostas as LB with Robertson ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom