• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injuries updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember years ago a premiership player named ‘Fish’ (maybe South African) fell through a glass table at home injuring himself

I remember years ago a premiership player named ‘Fish’ (maybe South African) fell through a glass table at home injuring himself

Mark Fish - played for Charlton I think.
That was back in the day when Bafana actually had a squad which could compete ... I think he partnered Radebe in the middle, and we had Benni up front, with Shoes and Fortune on the flanks, with Tinkler in the middle!

Wtf is the deal with Curtis Jones? Injured, comes back for few games, mysterious doesn't play again for ages. Rinse and repeat.

Wtf is the deal with Curtis Jones? Injured, comes back for few games, mysterious doesn't play again for ages. Rinse and repeat.
He had shin splints originally I think. It's a bastard to get rid of, so it's possible he's still struggling.

So we should have a fully fit squad for Boxing Day? I’ll give it till the day after new year for 4-5 players to drop back out injured.

So we should have a fully fit squad for Boxing Day? I’ll give it till the day after new year for 4-5 players to drop back out injured.

Don't be ridiculous, more of our players get injured in training than actual matches. The matches are relatively sedate break, the next 5 weeks will just be all training. Safe to assume we will be playing Nat Phillips in goal by boxing day

By James Pearce
Nov 14, 2022

There are a stack of reasons why Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool will be a different proposition in the second half of the season.
With just seven members of his squad off to the World Cup, many of the club’s star names will get a three-week break before next month’s winter training camp in Dubai.
Plenty of rest and then Klopp’s “second pre-season”. By then Luis Diaz, Joel Matip and Naby Keita should be fully fit and raring to go. Diogo Jota is set to follow in late January or February.

By James Pearce
Nov 14, 2022

There are a stack of reasons why Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool will be a different proposition in the second half of the season.
With just seven members of his squad off to the World Cup, many of the club’s star names will get a three-week break before next month’s winter training camp in Dubai.
Plenty of rest and then Klopp’s “second pre-season”. By then Luis Diaz, Joel Matip and Naby Keita should be fully fit and raring to go. Diogo Jota is set to follow in late January or February.
As I've boring repeated a number of times, mental and physical exhaustion as a result of last season has to be at least the main reason for our lack of alertness, vim and injuries. I'm hopeful this break will be just what the team needs to return to peak (uninjured) condition and potentially strengthen the squad, although maybe it's too late to win it (10 points behind City who are looking more vulnerable than ever, so is it?) it should be more than enough to easily secure Top 4 and give us a chance at another CL.

The big drop of energy in the 2nd half of the Southampton game was worrying. If they had got it to 3-2 we would have folded.

We definitely need some reinforcements, especially in midfield.

The big drop of energy in the 2nd half of the Southampton game was worrying. If they had got it to 3-2 we would have folded.

We definitely need some reinforcements, especially in midfield.

Good job Arthur should be back by Jan!!!!

The pause in the domestic campaign has enabled Liverpool’s injury situation to clear up considerably. Most significantly, Luis Diaz is now in a position to resume team training in Dubai. The gifted Colombian attacker hasn’t played since he suffered a knee injury away to Arsenal in early October.

While many of his team-mates were lying on a beach relaxing in recent weeks, Diaz was putting in the hard yards completing his rehab at Kirkby’s AXA Training Centre and everything went to plan. The hope is that he will get enough training under his belt to play some part in the friendly games.

Dioga Jota as good as he is, the guy gets injured way too often, clubs would probably pay north of £60m for him, which would go some way or replenishing the kitty for some one more reliable (like the Georgian who plays for Napoli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom