• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 central defenders and all three our for the season... 2 before Xmas 1 before Feb.

It was mentioned about making sure we have defensive cover before the season began.. but that is pretty shitty luck
Hopefully we see Van Dijk for the last month and maybe even Gomez. Hopefully we still have enough to play for by then. And, while injuries to Gomez and Matip are not infrequent, nevertheless this is bad luck in mammouth proportions.

He should be sold as soon as he gets fit again. No point in having him here anymore.

Gutted for him
We cannot rely on him going forward.
4th cb at best
Yeah, I really like Matip. Comes back from injury and plays like he's never been gone. A top class defender but with the Woodgate curse.
I really hope it doesn't spell the end for him.
I dunno about you lot, but imo he's the second best CB in the team and probably top 5 in the league when fit.

Klopp making out how he sacrificed himself over the past few games and we will wait for him to return next year.

Jesus christ.

hqdefault.jpg

While I think the word "games" is somewhat overly casual, this is indeed the Lord's tale.

Klopp hasn't given up on him:

“We will wait for him. He has now the rest of this season, then the summer, then the pre-season to get ready again and he will be ready again.”

Another thing, what did he do to his ankle to rule him for the rest of the season?
He looked fine after that superb challenge on Son.
Usually a ligament injury takes a month or two to heal.

This has got to be a first surely. All three first choice defenders out for the season.

Yeah, I really like Matip. Comes back from injury and plays like he's never been gone. A top class defender but with the Woodgate curse.
I really hope it doesn't spell the end for him.
I dunno about you lot, but imo he's the second best CB in the team and probably top 5 in the league when fit.

No one disputes his talent, passion, or importance.
But being able to play is an important quality ...

Matip should be sold. I mean he's simply not reliable.

van Dijk I'm hopeful will return well and healthy.

Gomez I'm not too sure about - he's had a slew of injuries, and he's only 23. Plus Gomez has plenty of holes in his game which he's still not fixed. That and the reports that he's been wanting to return to London makes me think he won't be here in the long term.

Phillips out of contract, and Rhys Williams too young yet.

Lots of pressure (but also a great opportunity) for both Ben Davies and Kabak here. There are 2 long term slots up here for grabs.

I wonder how long have we known that Matip was out for the rest of the season.
It seems quite good timing that we release the news shortly after confirming two new centre halves
Certainly a while before it was announced. Leaking it before wouldn't have helped any negotiations, and our fan base would be meltdown, harassing the hell out of the club on every platform imaginable. Who could be arsed with that?

Certainly a while before it was announced. Leaking it before wouldn't have helped any negotiations, and our fan base would be meltdown, harassing the hell out of the club on every platform imaginable. Who could be arsed with that?

I don't think the fanbase has ever had a meltdown before, so I'm sure why we would start because all three of our senior defenders are out for the season

Matip should be sold. I mean he's simply not reliable.

van Dijk I'm hopeful will return well and healthy.

Gomez I'm not too sure about - he's had a slew of injuries, and he's only 23. Plus Gomez has plenty of holes in his game which he's still not fixed. That and the reports that he's been wanting to return to London makes me think he won't be here in the long term.

Phillips out of contract, and Rhys Williams too young yet.

Lots of pressure (but also a great opportunity) for both Ben Davies and Kabak here. There are 2 long term slots up here for grabs.

For me Gomez should be a back up but not someone we rely on as first choice, although I suspect he'd never go for that.

Matip needs to go too.

Here’s your injury update:

Allison : well... he looks like Jesus... so lets go with resurrected.

Kelleher : died of peroxide poisoning over Christmas while dying his hair.

Adrian : dead - has been since the end of last season - it took us a few games to notice this.

Big Virg : not dead, but had his leg amputated - still better than Lovren. Actually you could amputate his other leg and he’d still be better than Lovren.

JoGo : died at England training camp - was buried there.

Matip : only way we see him on the pitch at Anfield again is if Milner brings out his ashes in a little urn and sprinkles them on the grass.

Fabs : Currently on life support - 50/50 he pulls through.

Neco : being slowly drained of blood to keep Thiago alive

Timmy-Takis : Dead... stuffed... and used as a mascot on the bench.

Trent : took time to get over the death of Goose, but feeling the need again.

Robbo : has been injured since 2018 - disnae gae a fuck, like.

Thiago 2.0 : in Thiago’s journal it says he arrived in August from Germany in a coffin and can only play at night. Currently feeding off Neco to stay alive. Suffered an early set back when the Brazilians invited him round for a steak.

Milner : has regenerated more times than Dr Who - his door leads to a place that’s bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside.

Gini : is impervious to injury in ghost form.

Hendo : rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated.

Naby : dead - was eaten by the Brazilians at their last bbq.

Ox : dead - being used for fuel for Bobby’s teeth power source.

Curtis : left death trailing as he sidestepped him and powered onwards.

Shaq: after he returned from last seasons trip to Mount Doom to drop the one ring into a fiery pit, this little hobbitses has been almost back to normal.

Minamino : dead - currently being buried near Southampton.

Jotta : dead, buried at sea on return home from last fixture in Europe.

Origi : declared brain dead in October - no noticeable change in form.

Mane : died late last week - small service to be held after the City game (social distancing observed)

Bobby : nuclear powered teeth keeping him alive

Salah : still hasn’t seen enough of his teammates die in order for him to be appointed captain for a game - hanging on till that happens.

[article]“Whatever happens, I think we have space for Virgil on the Champions League list. I think he was on the Premier League list. Nobody told me I have to change something with that. If we have space in the Champions League list then Virgil will be on the list,” said the boss.

“In the moment, I don’t know where these things are coming from – nobody really, no doctor, nobody really told me there’s a chance for Virgil to play in this season again.

“I don’t want to say that’s absolutely impossible but it’s not likely. It’s not likely. We don’t have to discuss these things really.

“If we have space we would put them all on, even when all the medical people tell us there’s no chance. We put them on because we believe in miracles from time to time.

“But if there’s no place then we have to consider these kind of things and say, ‘The chance is not too big so we have to make the decision.’ But if they are on the list then it’s only because we hope for nearly a miracle. That’s it.”[/article]

Pep Guardiola has stated Sergio Agüero will be out for a few weeks as he recovers from Covid in a further blow to Manchester City’s prospects.

[article]“Whatever happens, I think we have space for Virgil on the Champions League list. I think he was on the Premier League list. Nobody told me I have to change something with that. If we have space in the Champions League list then Virgil will be on the list,” said the boss.

“In the moment, I don’t know where these things are coming from – nobody really, no doctor, nobody really told me there’s a chance for Virgil to play in this season again.

“I don’t want to say that’s absolutely impossible but it’s not likely. It’s not likely. We don’t have to discuss these things really.

“If we have space we would put them all on, even when all the medical people tell us there’s no chance. We put them on because we believe in miracles from time to time.

“But if there’s no place then we have to consider these kind of things and say, ‘The chance is not too big so we have to make the decision.’ But if they are on the list then it’s only because we hope for nearly a miracle. That’s it.”[/article]

If you watch the Presser, it feels sort of smoke & mirrors from Klopp when addressing VVD and more open to interpretation than when you read the above. Klopps english is great and he generally doesn't have any issues phrasing things with any emphasis so this felt to me like 'were expecting him back before the end of the season but we won't rush him and there is zero pressure'

Local papers, still vital in these uncertain times:

Catford’s Joe Gomez unlikely to play again this season

I doubt that Klopp would leave Van Dijk in both the premier league squad and CL squad if there wasn't a chance of him coming back this season.
I said it months ago, I think the target for his return is late April. If his rehab progresses the way it's supposed to, he'll be in training by the end March. After that it's all about getting him up to speed both mentally and physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom