• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Injury Updates :

Short version trying to interpret from Klop comments :
Salah back.
Ox (!), Hendo & Thiago close.
Keita unknown as yet.
Shaq likely a week or more.
TAA out for at least 2 more weeks.
Gomez & VvD - long term.

Thiago :
while he has been pictured at the club’s new big-money training base, Klopp has confirmed that he is yet to return to first-team training, after his injury was much more serious than initially had been suspected. Jurgen Klopp admits he is not sure when Thiago Alcantara will be fit to return. (Nov. 24th).
"Thiago is not in team training yet," said the Reds boss. "When will he be in team training? I don't know. We will see. "I'm as surprised as the public. In the morning I come in, we have a medical meeting and they tell me 'yes he is in, he is not'. "I know it's not too far any more [for Thiago], but I have no idea."

Asked whether Thiago could be Keita's replacement, the German said: "It would be great if he could, but then he would have three days training and then play a Champions League game.
"It's not the ideal situation. We have to see how we do it. “I have in the moment no idea how we do it, but I can sleep at least three times and then we will see." Klopp admitted however that Atalanta could come too soon for the midfielder.

Keita : “He felt his hamstring and was not able to play on, otherwise he would have stayed on the pitch,” Klopp said during the post-match conference. Keita’s injury will be assessed by the club’s medical team in the coming days. Fingers crossed it’s minor and he can slowly return to playing a full 90 minutes without succumbing to further injuries.

Here's what we're missing :

Shaqiri :
“How I know it, Shaq had a little muscle injury with the national team which he didn’t really realise and then he trained with us.
“We gave him a day off then he came back and was involved in a session, but it was not fully involved, he just did a little bit.
“After that he felt a little bit and then we made a scan and they found out it was an injury from five or six days ago. “Nobody knew about that, not even Shaq knew about that. That’s how things sometimes are.

Salah : Back training with the 1st team.

Hendo : While he has been pictured doing individual work in the gym at the new training ground.
Klopp wasn't willing to give away much more on Henderson's fitness ahead of the clash with Atalanta.

TAA : The Reds right-back is expected to miss around a month of football after picking up a calf injury.
Alexander-Arnold will step up his rehabilitation at Liverpool's brand new AXA Training Centre as he sets his sights on a swift return to action. However, he will likely face a race against time to declare his fitness for the game against FC Midtjylland on December 9.

Ox : Jurgen Klopp delivered a positive update on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on Friday.
"Ox [is] in a good way," he said. "They are all closer but we will see if it is close enough for the weekend.” The 27-year-old was involved in a challenge during pre-season training and he has been pictured kicking a ball on the outdoor pitches this week. It remains to be seen if he's ready for Atalanta.

Gomez : No timescale has been set on Gomez’s recovery, with Liverpool not ruling out the possibility of the centre-back playing again this campaign.

VvD
: Liverpool will be without Virgil van Dijk for the majority of the season at the very least after he sustained a serious ACL injury against Everton. He underwent successful surgery in London last month but Liverpool are reluctant to put a timeframe on his return.

Most of these updates seem to be from last week. But I dont expect anybody to be rushed back for this game

Most of these updates seem to be from last week. But I dont expect anybody to be rushed back for this game

All from articles dated 23rd Nov. or later (Echo etc.). I doubt anyone needs to be rushed back for this game!

James Pearce
Klopp confirms that Milner has a hamstring problem and says neither Thiago nor Oxlade will be back for the games against either Ajax or Wolves. #LFC

James Pearce
Klopp confirms that Milner has a hamstring problem and says neither Thiago nor Oxlade will be back for the games against either Ajax or Wolves. #LFC
And down to just Curtis and Gini as midfielders (Fabs position is variable) This season is gonna be a trainwreck. Hard to a) keep faith b) not just feel bad for the players. Everyone is grinding world class atheletes into the ground.

Think we have to just kinda write off a few games this season. Anything better than top 4 would prove a great achievement

I'm actually surprised that Ox is now being talked about in terms of games, not month. Would be really useful to get him playing - expect as a dependable sub to further help with rotation of the front 4.

A good game to target his return (hopefully) would be Spurs on 16th Dec. Few more weeks to get up to speed and no need (hopefully) for him in the Midgetland or Fulham games before that.

Physioroom shows us with 8 injured players, while City & Spurs have 2 each. Chelsea aren't even listed (not sure if that means no injuries, or just accidentally missed).

I'm hoping this evens itself out over time and we will be close to full strength in the New Year while our rivals are hit with major crises

Keita will be checked before Ajax , so atleast that's one player back for wolves,minimum

"They are all getting closer.

With Naby we have to check still.

With the other two, they will not be ready [for Ajax].

Trent looks quite good. Nobody gave me green light for tonight so he will not train with the team. He has been outside doing his rehab stuff, that looks really good. But from what I saw today, it will not be that long anymore with Trent"

That's promising on TAA too!

Every word Klopp said on Thiago
“Thiago we have to maybe clarify it a little bit.

“On that day when Thiago got injured in that challenge in the Everton game, there was another bad injury [to Virgil van Dijk] and after the scans it was like one was really bad news and the other one was really good news because nothing was broken, nothing was ruptured and stuff like this.

“But, as we realise now, it was still a massive impact on the knee. The problem is in a situation like that, nothing is ruptured and nothing is broken and that means everybody thinks, ÓK, you can go after a few days’, but the impact on the leg was that big that it is still not OK.

“It is not massive and he trains from time to time, not in the moment because we just have to realise that we have to go a few further steps. I can’t say exactly when he will be fine, but it will take a few weeks still with Thiago.”

I'm sure if any of us almost had our legs snapped in half like Thiago, we'd be playing footy the next day.
What a pussyhole.

Yeah, but we should still post «lol not back yet» without aknowledging the severity of the injury.
Hopefully he’s back in training in a few weeks.
Cant train until its pain free.

Fucking Everton. Doing their best to wreck our season.
Trying? They fucking did. With VvD and Thiago uninjured we'd be miles ahead in the PL and have qualified already in the CL and able to rest players. Fucking Blue Shite.

I'm sure if any of us almost had our legs snapped in half like Thiago, we'd be playing footy the next day.
What a pussyhole.

To be fair thats on the club, at no point did they say he was going to be out for 4 months, in fact we had multiple indications that he was a few days away from a return. Theyve repeatedly stressed there was no break, no ligament tears, no surgery, nothing about meniscus damage etc

We are a couple of months down the line and Ive still yet to see any specific discription of what his injury is other than 'impact to his knee' which is about as vague as you could possibly get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom