• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Elliott the secret weapon about to explode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think "spectacular" is a bit much. I think he looks talented obviously, but I just worry he'll suffer from not really having a defined position with us that suits him. He's not quick enough for that inside right Salah role, and I'm not sure he's dynamic/physical enough for a Klopp midfield. I'm not as convinced he'll be a big star for us.
Encapsulates exactly how I feel.

It’s going to be interesting discovering which one of Elliott and Carvalho stakes the bigger claim this year for the likely Attacking midfield / no. 10 slot.

My money’s on the latter as he looks pacier, more dynamic and a likelier goal scorer. Elliott has guile galore but I can’t shake off the feeling he’s something of a Shaqiri type and that’s ultimately a barrier in a Klopp system.

Last edited:
It’s going to be interesting discovering which one of Elliott and Carvalho stakes the bigger claim this year for the likely Attacking midfield / no. 10 slot.

My money’s on the latter as he looks pacier, more dynamic and a likelier goal scorer. Elliott has guile galore but I can’t shake off the feeling he’s something of a Shaqiri type and that’s ultimately a barrier in a Klopp system.

The thing that shaqiri needed to be perfect in a klopp system was smart work rate, which Elliott has in bucketloads. Shaq never seemed to press effectively.

The longer this summer goes on, the more i think we're changing our formation this coming season. We're set up perfectly squad wise for 4231

I don’t think we are at all.

I reckon we’re sticking with the 433 but with different options in the positions.

I don’t think we are at all.

I reckon we’re sticking with the 433 but with different options in the positions.

We probably will stick at 433, but i do feel like it's not an effective way of playing with the squad as is. Feel like it could hamstring and stifle some people.

More than happy to be proved wrong however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom