• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Gerrard back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says we're 11 points of 2nd. Nothing else. Not even the slightest hint of thats what we're aiming for or if thats our ambition this season.

I'm always taken horrendously out of context. Like that shit in Leviticus. I was only messing. I didn't even think anyone was listening.

You're such a badass insig

Look... I have no problem with hairy ambitions and great goals for our club. But i am more content with the Paisley style were you walk the walk. So far it has been a lot of talk with very little walk from Rodgers. To deny his quotes fromthat story is stupid.... Why should anyone bother to do that?

Rodgers came with an attitude that the club was lucky to Get him, and if we shut up and do as he tells us we will make wonders.he still have plenty of time to finish higher than Swansea last season, but the consistensy he talkshow about is not consistent good. I am not sure what it is really....

So far he's said that finshing higher than last years 8th would be a fantastic achievement, thats not at all hairy.
I like how he talks about the club, our history, the fans and respect. Unlike Owlman - he gets it.
Does he talk to much? Sure he does. But he's a young manager and will earn as time goes on.

Listening to his interviews about potential transfers you can see that he has learned from the last windows debacle. Thats a good thing and bodes well for other things aswell.

So far he's said that finshing higher than last years 8th would be a fantastic achievement, thats not at all hairy.
I like how he talks about the club, our history, the fans and respect. Unlike Owlman - he gets it.
Does he talk to much? Sure he does. But he's a young manager and will earn as time goes on.

Listening to his interviews about potential transfers you can see that he has learned from the last windows debacle. Thats a good thing and bodes well for other things aswell.

Is it the reporter puttingmthe words in his mouth then? If it that hard to read direct quotes from him then no wonder he needs time to Get the players to understand his ideas ;-)

Today he did look good.
Hope it's not a one off.

Doubt it can be a one off given he looked, if anything, better against Fulham.

Said it in the match thread but, like Hansern, I loved his tackle on Fabio. Reminded me of Roy Keane and his approach that you mess with anyone on his team he'd be coming for you.

I know it's not cool to suggest Keane was hard or anything but the that whole team knew their captain was going to back them up with some steel - so did most of their opponents. I hope Gerrard can demonstrate the same without being a headcase.

I noticed that tackle too and loved his approach. That's much more like the captain's presence I want to see. May this continue (without being a headcase of course).

Doubt it can be a one off given he looked, if anything, better against Fulham.

Said it in the match thread but, like Hansern, I loved his tackle on Fabio. Reminded me of Roy Keane and his approach that you mess with anyone on his team he'd be coming for you.

I know it's not cool to suggest Keane was hard or anything but the that whole team knew their captain was going to back them up with some steel - so did most of their opponents. I hope Gerrard can demonstrate the same without being a headcase.

That wasn't even his best tackle - that Malian lad (who gets all the cards normally) was coming in on goal and about to shoot and he let the ball roll slightly ahead of him. Gerrard slid, got the ball, flung him away as he got up and collected the ball. Loved it.

Liked that tackle too ALT and was fuming the way he went to ground clutching his face like he'd been knifed. His yellow for diving was one of the most satisfying moments of the match.

That said, the intent, purpose and message he sent with the tackle on Fabio made it far more significant for mine.

Liked that tackle to ALT and was fuming the way he went to ground clutching his face like he'd been knifed. His yellow for diving was one of the most satisfying moments of the match.

That said, the intent, purpose and message he sent with the tackle on Fabio made it far more significant for mine.

That was Mbia (GlenJo 'destroyed' him on that!) ... It was the other lad - Mbike or something.

Both were great. I love seeing Gerrard do that ... It may mean he's starting to trust his body again - pity he just can't whack shots like he used to (i.e. how did he miss that shot!)

Just wanted to add that Gerrard is 6 goals from scoring 100 premier league goals.

short answer: no. Gerrard, nor anyone in the world, could be 'back' to the gerrard of 05-07 - the best all round player in the world. However, he has improved from the gerrard of 2 seasons ago, which is great.

I'm just going to leave this here.....
PHOTO_13151998_173471_30206302_ap.jpg

I havw never seen this photo. What is the story?

Being American, you would not be aware that Liverpool is actually a city of man love, and all Liverpool players have to embrace the lifestyle. This is Stevie giving Xabi some tongue lessons

Being American, you would not be aware that Liverpool is actually a city of man love, and all Liverpool players have to embrace the lifestyle. This is Stevie giving Xabi some tongue lessons
I reckon if both Xabi and Torres (I know, I know !) came back, Stevie would be rolling around in his private trophy room like a kitty on catnip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom