• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

I wish he'd fucked off to be honest. Maybe that's his agent's and barca's intention with all these leaks, but fuck it, he's shown himself up to be a right whingey cunt. I really wouldn't put it past him to down tools.

I wish he'd fucked off to be honest. Maybe that's his agent's and barca's intention with all these leaks, but fuck it, he's shown himself up to be a right whingey cunt. I really wouldn't put it past him to down tools.

The temptation may well be there, but he'll also have to remember that there's a World Cup on the horizon. This whole fiasco has already cost him a place in Brazil's next game and he won't (at least I would imagine he won't) want that to be a long-term thing.

I get all that I really do, but it's the 'ifs' that are bugging me a bit I guess. IF he can play for a full season, IF he wasn't struggling with injury, IF he can show consistency.
I'm not saying 'if he can show consistency'. I'm saying he is now consistently magical.

I get all that I really do, but it's the 'ifs' that are bugging me a bit I guess. IF he can play for a full season, IF he wasn't struggling with injury, IF he can show consistency.
I'm not saying 'if he can show consistency'. I'm saying he is now consistently magical.

Eriksen is a really good player, but he doesn't have that pace and trickery on the ball that Coutinho has. Eriksen scored 2 less goals in 12 more games in a season with absolutely no disruption from injury. That assist rate is superb though. Is he a Klopp player? I dunno.

The temptation may well be there, but he'll also have to remember that there's a World Cup on the horizon. This whole fiasco has already cost him a place in Brazil's next game and he won't (at least I would imagine he won't) want that to be a long-term thing.
To an extent it may spur him on, but the Brazil coach had already benched him over this and he came on as a substitute and was man of the match apparently. I think he's very important to the current Brazil side. I don't think he will be dropped any time soon.

For Lemar and Van Dijk I would've definitely gotten rid. But there is the whole becoming a selling club argument so it's a tough one. I hate him now, though, the miserable get.

Me neither..

Btw, did you know that Coutinho scored 14 goals and assisted 9 goals last season in all comps?

And that Eriksen scored 12 goals and assisted 23 goals, all whilst looking like Tin Tin?
Forty eight games for Eriksen and thirty six for Coutinho

Eriksen is a really good player, but he doesn't have that pace and trickery on the ball that Coutinho has. Eriksen scored 2 less goals in 12 more games in a season with absolutely no disruption from injury. That assist rate is superb though. Is he a Klopp player? I dunno.

If I were trying to play Viking's advocate I might suggest that what Kristian's getting at is that Eriksen has (arguably) fulfilled more of his potential than Coutinho has.

If I were opposing counsel, however, I might then interject that this only shows that Eriksen's starting from a clearly lower baseline. 😉

If I were trying to play Viking's advocate I might suggest that what Kristian's getting at is that Eriksen has (arguably) fulfilled more of his potential than Coutinho has.

If I were opposing counsel, however, I might then interject that this only shows that Eriksen's starting from a clearly lower baseline. 😉

Does this mean we can put KHL in prison to think about the error of his ways?

Reminds me of these tweets I saw some time ago

There's no doubt he has quality but quite evidently not at galatico status yet. This season could have been his making, 'new' role + with quality (attacking) players to play with. Alas, just when things are starting to look good, his long term future at the club is called into question.

Reminds me of these tweets I saw some time ago

There's no doubt he has quality but quite evidently not at galatico status yet. This season could have been his making, 'new' role + with quality (attacking) players to play with. Alas, just when things are starting to look good, his long term future at the club is called into question.

I was very mad at him after the Sevilla game. Very mad. To the point that I was happy to drop him to the bench or sell him in the new season. But then he scored that free-kick against Arsenal in the first game and gave a few 8/10 performances in a row and all was forgotten... But that performance in the most important game of the season was unacceptable and kind of supports Real's board's point about him being overvalued.

Last edited:
Availability is the most important ability.

The ratio stats favour Coutinho but they mean fuck all if you're not on the pitch
True, but Coutinho has not struggled with injury generally. It was a bit of a freak injury brought about through contact on the field too, not one that suggests a chronic weakness or general susceptibility to injury (like Studge, Hendo etc.)

I was very mad at him after the Sevilla game. Very mad. To the point that I was happy to drop him to the bench or sell him in the new season. But then he scored that free-kick against Arsenal in the first game and gave a few 8/10 performances in a row and all was forgotten... But that performance in the most important game of the season was unacceptable and kind of supports Real's board's point about him being overvalued.

What does that tell you about him ? - it tells us that in the final game when it really matters - he just cannot step up and do the business.

Steven Gerrard slipped when it really mattered, in the most important game in nearly 30 years. Should we judge him on one game? No, that would be fucking idiotic.

Steven Gerrard - cannot be judged on the above because he did enough before that slip to suggest he does not fuck up in the finals. Also I would not compare a league game with a cup final of any kind - unless it was the last league game of the season and winning meant winning the title. You cannot compare that slip to his performance in the game overall.

Steven Gerrard slipped when it really mattered, in the most important game in nearly 30 years. Should we judge him on one game? No, that would be fucking idiotic.
Very true

But Coutinho has put in shit performances in 2 finals

Those are the games that earn you statues

It was probably £80 mill.again plus an add-on of about £50 mill.if the world has a Close Encounter of the Third Kind by the end of the decade.

Barcas mouthpieces are saying we told them it's now £185m or do one yesterday.

I don't know why that's particularly outrageous given we could no longer sign a replacement , were they expecting the price to go down or stay the same or something ?

Barcas mouthpieces are saying we told them it's now £185m or do one yesterday.

I don't know why that's particularly outrageous given we could no longer sign a replacement , were they expecting the price to go down or stay the same or something ?

We should have said we rate him better than Neymar. So you cannot afford him.

I think there is a danger of people treating him like Sterling all over again when he forced his way out and people acted like he was actually shit and even more ridiculously that Ibe was a better player. Coutinho has made a tit of himself but he's arguably still our best player, I don't want to see him down tools or get the Sahko treatment from Klopp.

Top Bottom