• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

Club said that they never put a price on Coutinho.

Pity in this stat-mad age of football that no site appears to have yet totalled up just how many lies Barca and their mates in the Spanish media made up about LFC during the past month.

I think he's ahead of Eriksen - but behind the others.

I know you're now a big Spurs fan - and watch them religiously because of Eriksen, but his rise is very much because of what's around him (Kane, Alli, two top class DMs, Son's speed and the best defense in the league) ... He only got 12 goals overall last year - and before you talk about assists ('direct involvement in goals'), Coutinho had Mane (for 15-20 games or so) & Firmino vs Kane and Alli ... and isn't the primary free kick taker either.

Watch them for their int'l teams - both out of systems that make the most of their talents, and Coutinho has been utterly boss for Brazil game after game the last 12 months and Eriksen finally was dominating yesterday against the Poles.

Coutinho isn't worth '100 million' or '150 million' in reality - but in today's market, being the top creative talent on a Jurgen Klopp team wanted by only one team (with bucket loads of money), it's probably 'fair'. As I said last month, I'd happily sell Coutinho for 150 and replace him with Eriksen for 100. We'd be the same team ... well, we'd have one less cunt.
Not going into this, fair enough you rate Coutinho more.

Just wanna let you know that Eriksen has scored 9 goals in his last 10 Int. games for Denmark. Last night he annihilated Poland with 3 assists and a goal. In a good team but not exactly Brazil. Yet.

Not going into this, fair enough you rate Coutinho more.

Just wanna let you know that Eriksen has scored 9 goals in his last 10 Int. games for Denmark. Last night he annihilated Poland with 3 assists and a goal. In a good team but not exactly Brazil. Yet.

Not just me - also Barca & PSG (and almost all Liverpool fans) ... two of the biggest clubs in the world. Not one bid or inquiry into Eriksen it seems - right?

Not sure why you don't want to discuss/debate your claims re: goals, assists and team strength (when you use that in your int'l comparison)?
(and I only mentioned the Mane injury - not Coutinho's and the ~1 month to recover form wise after his injury!)

Goals/assist per game:
Coutinho: 23 goals/assists in 36 games = 0.64
Eriksen: 35 goals/assists in 48 games = 0.73

It will be interesting to see where Eriksen ends up as it seems that Spurs team is going to be ripped apart in the next 1-2 years (as per the Walker/Dier 'traitor' video on Alli's now deleted twitter video) by the bigger clubs. I honestly feel he'd have been a better fit for Barca than Coutinho, who's not going to fit into the Iniesta (impending) hole or Neymar hole. Eriksen is more of an Iniesa type than Coutinho.

Brazil was in a really bad way if you remember not so long ago ... Their return to form? You look into it ... ;)

Not just me - also Barca & PSG (and almost all Liverpool fans) ... two of the biggest clubs in the world. Not one bid or inquiry into Eriksen it seems - right?

Not sure why you don't want to discuss/debate your claims re: goals, assists and team strength (when you use that in your int'l comparison)?
(and I only mentioned the Mane injury - not Coutinho's and the ~1 month to recover form wise after his injury!)

Goals/assist per game:

It will be interesting to see where Eriksen ends up as it seems that Spurs team is going to be ripped apart in the next 1-2 years (as per the Walker/Dier 'traitor' video on Alli's now deleted twitter video) by the bigger clubs. I honestly feel he'd have been a better fit for Barca than Coutinho, who's not going to fit into the Iniesta (impending) hole or Neymar hole. Eriksen is more of an Iniesa type than Coutinho.

Brazil was in a really bad way if you remember not so long ago ... Their return to form? You look into it ... ;)
Brazil are still going to get annihilated on the world stage. They just don't click because they haven't got a midfield. Happened 3 years ago, and I've seen nothing to expect any change

Brazil are still going to get annihilated on the world stage. They just don't click because they haven't got a midfield. Happened 3 years ago, and I've seen nothing to expect any change

I dunno mate - I hate his fucking guts, dirty player but Casemiro has been fucking quality for over a year now for Madrid.
Pair him with Fernandino and tell them to protect the back 4 and let Neymar, Jesus, Willian and Coutinho run rio.

[article]"The most frantic night that we've ever witnessed." That was how sources close to Barcelona's dealings on Friday described Deadline Day evening at the club's offices. Barça's directors began Friday in a sceptical manner, aware that the European market had closed in most countries without Liverpool signing a replacement for Philippe Coutinho and, worse, without giving signs of life.

SPORT learned first hand that the player was really disappointed and had already thrown in the towel. Around about 6pm, Barça managed to directly contact Liverpool's biggest shareholder, John Henry, who was in the United States, and from that moment there was fluid contact.

Meanwhile, at 8pm, as this newspaper revealed, the club received a signal from Angel Di Maria's agents that Paris Saint-Germain were ready to negotiate. Barça also decided to explore this avenue. At 9pm, both operations were on the table and things became franctic. For one part, Liverpool agreed to name a price for Coutinho, although Barça didn't know what. Elsewhere, the club knew PSG were dropping their demands, but only from 100 million euros to 80 million.

The two clubs were a long way apart, but for the first time in many weeks there was hope. The door was open. PSG all of a sudden went from 80 million to 60 million, still above the 45 million Barça had offered. The agents decided to draw up contracts.

Di Maria was kept up to date and according to sources close to the negotiation expressed his excitement that the transfer could go through. It was at this moment that the club's executives informed Josep Maria Bartomeu by telephone that "the two operations were do-able."

Liverpool's owner, around 10pm, finally put a price on Coutinho: 200 million. Barça believed it was a tactic from the English club to be able to tell the player that the Catalan club had not wanted to pay the price on the table and that they had broken off talks. It was at that point that the negotiation ended.

Minutes later, PSG communicated to Barça that they would not drop from a deal worth an initial 60 million. Barça then gave up on that deal, too, and began to leak that there would be no more signings. At that point, they decided to call a press conference for Saturday to give an explanation about what had happened. Coutinho, Di Maria or both could have come. In the end neither did. But it was a frantic night.[/article]

This is so obviously a PR piece sent out by Barca.

Goals/assist per game:

Add to the goal/assist stat that Eriksen created about twice as many chances as Coutinho last Season (key passes) and the Kane/Alli argue seems a bit vague..

Our Brazilian got superior dribling and 1-on-1 skills compared to Eriksen but apart from that the Tin Tin look-alike is as good or better in all other areas.

Eriksen is a great player but how many of those assists where feeding Kane or DA though?

Coutinho would pass the ball forwards to divock or firmino, who were hardly clinical. Also he was evidently playing in. A better side so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison

Coutinho is not as consistent as Eriksen but when's on form he's twice the layer eriksen is

Add to the goal/assist stat that Eriksen created about twice as many chances as Coutinho last Season (key passes) and the Kane/Alli argue seems a bit vague..

Our Brazilian got superior dribling and 1-on-1 skills compared to Eriksen but apart from that the Tin Tin look-alike is as good or better in all other areas.

Are you ignore the state of the two teams last year mate? You went on and on last year about how great Spurs were - best back 4 ... 2 top class DMs, Son scoring 20 goals and two of the best talents in England were linked with Manure & Madrid. Compare that to our team ... We were struggling to keep our front 3 healthy (we were top before injuries/AFCON set in) and our defense and midfield don't afford nearly as much protection, or the ball, as theirs does.

Coutinho has become a far better goalscorer - your stats showed that ...

Can you compare open play chances? As chances created by free kicks/corners (Eriksen is their primary guy for good reason!) shouldn't be factored in.

I dunno mate - I hate his fucking guts, dirty player but Casemiro has been fucking quality for over a year now for Madrid.
Pair him with Fernandino and tell them to protect the back 4 and let Neymar, Jesus, Willian and Coutinho run rio.
Nah, fernandinho isn't that good and casmeiro, whilst good, also has an excellent defence behind him at Madrid, plus Zidane knows exactly how to use him.

He will not be afforded the same luxury by Brazil and their inability to try and not be the harlem globetrotters.

Nah, fernandinho isn't that good and casmeiro, whilst good, also has an excellent defence behind him at Madrid, plus Zidane knows exactly how to use him.

He will not be afforded the same luxury by Brazil and their inability to try and not be the harlem globetrotters.

Time will tell.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing them get thumped - though I felt bad for them with the 7-1 after the Neymar funeral procession

I marginally like you so I won't stick my gene voodoo doll in any important bits. Pecan pie is legendary.
Pecan pie is an oversugared mess, like most American deserts over the last several decades. It need not be gross, but it almost certainly is in the wild.

Stolen from reddit. A good summary about Barca's antics imo.

Why is Barcelona refusing to admit that Liverpool was not willing to sell Coutinho for any price?!

Borussia DortmundIcantrememberlogins 756 points 7 hours ago*x3

Their transfer plans are built on false premises. Premises born of arrogance.

• No clubs will dare make moves for players Barca does not want to sell.

• No players will ever want to leave Barca for another club.

• Playing for Barca is the biggest honor in football.

• There are no clubs more than or equally as desirable to play for, other than Madrid.

• All clubs will sell if Barca come in, because Barca are bigger. Providing a player to Barca is in itself an honor.

• All players want to play for Barca because tradition and prestige.

• All players want to play for Barca enough to act the toxic part.

• All clubs will lower prices to push out a toxic player.

• No clubs will ever refuse to negotiate.

Because of this, they do not need to plan ahead for replacements or hedge against hostile poaches. They will never lose a key player, and can get any player they want, when they need. They can afford to leave it late.

Because of this, they can lowball the market in transfer fees. The players will swing for their team, forcing their clubs to sell at Barca's desired price.

But PSG poached a player they expected to stay with them as long as Messi. Dortmund refused to sell at any price but the price they dictated. Liverpool refused to sell at all. This is a rebellion by clubs beneath them, and the rebellion must be put down. Barca cannot lose. The premise must not be challenged. The status quo must be protected.

"We didn't buy Veratti because PSG overpriced him. We bought Paulinho for a better deal." sounds much better than "We couldn't buy Veratti because PSG refused to sell. We paid over the odds for Paulinho because nobody else could be signed".

"Neymar was robbed from them with money they shouldn't be allowed to spend." sounds much better than Neymar left because he wanted to leave and Barca's prestige wasn't enough to keep him there.

"Dortmund sold Dembele for 105m plus Add-ons" sounds better than "We gave in and bought Dembele for 150m, otherwise we wouldn't have got him, because Dortmund didn't give a fuck about our prestige, and didn't care about Dembele acting toxic"

"We didn't buy Coutinho because Liverpool were greedy. By turning down Liverpool's greedy offer, we are the Heroes combating the inflating market." Sounds better than "Our toxicity gambit failed for the 3rd time this summer. Liverpool slammed the door in our face and refused to negotiate because prestige doesn't mean squat".

"We didn't sign Seri because he was overpriced" Sounds better than "We backed out of Seri because we can't compete with PSG".

The status quo must be maintained. The premise must stand. Barcelona has to remain the most attractive club to play for, and the biggest heavyweight in the game. We didn't fail in any of the transfers. We stood firm and called the shots because other clubs were being baaad.

Pecan pie is an oversugared mess, like most American deserts over the last several decades. It need not be gross, but it almost certainly is in the wild.

This. My mum makes a fucking beautiful pecan pie, but most of the over the counter ones I've ever had are ridiculous sweet sugary shite.

Baklava (real baklava) is the best nutty dessert imo though, sweet, but in the right way.

I think it's quite clear that when Kirk Douglas talks of eating nuts, he's referring to the vanquished severed testicles of those men who crossed him. And maybe some dog nuts he scavenges from the vet's bin.

Why is Barcelona refusing to admit that Liverpool was not willing to sell Coutinho for any price?!

• There are no clubs more than or equally as desirable to play for, other than Madrid.
  • All clubs will sell if Barca come in, because Barca are bigger. Providing a player to Barca is in itself an honor.

Because of this, they do not need to plan ahead for replacements or hedge against hostile poaches. They will never lose a key player, and can get any player they want, when they need. They can afford to leave it late.

Because of this, they can lowball the market in transfer fees. The players will swing for their team, forcing their clubs to sell at Barca's desired price.

But PSG poached a player they expected to stay with them as long as Messi. Dortmund refused to sell at any price but the price they dictated. Liverpool refused to sell at all. This is a rebellion by clubs beneath them, and the rebellion must be put down. Barca cannot lose. The premise must not be challenged. The status quo must be protected.

"We didn't buy Veratti because PSG overpriced him. We bought Paulinho for a better deal." sounds much better than "We couldn't buy Veratti because PSG refused to sell. We paid over the odds for Paulinho because nobody else could be signed".

"Neymar was robbed from them with money they shouldn't be allowed to spend." sounds much better than Neymar left because he wanted to leave and Barca's prestige wasn't enough to keep him there.

"Dortmund sold Dembele for 105m plus Add-ons" sounds better than "We gave in and bought Dembele for 150m, otherwise we wouldn't have got him, because Dortmund didn't give a fuck about our prestige, and didn't care about Dembele acting toxic"

"We didn't buy Coutinho because Liverpool were greedy. By turning down Liverpool's greedy offer, we are the Heroes combating the inflating market." Sounds better than "Our toxicity gambit failed for the 3rd time this summer. Liverpool slammed the door in our face and refused to negotiate because prestige doesn't mean squat".

"We didn't sign Seri because he was overpriced" Sounds better than "We backed out of Seri because we can't compete with PSG".

The status quo must be maintained. The premise must stand. Barcelona has to remain the most attractive club to play for, and the biggest heavyweight in the game. We didn't fail in any of the transfers. We stood firm and called the shots because other clubs were being baaad.

Quite funny all the above - they have only started winning the European Cup more often in the last 15 years with Messi et al. I really think that all the english clubs along with the Premier League - should run a massive ad campaign across the whole of South America and Africa. The campaign should be so hard hitting that it is basically in the faces constantly and I reckon within a couple of years we will benefit from it greatly - the idea will be to show the PL as the hardest league to win, and to promote the fact that in Europe no other league has produced so many European Cup winners ( please check to see if true before you all slate me - United, Liverpool, Nots Forest, Aston Vial, Chelsea). If the league and the top clubs did that - I don't think the combined might of Barca and Madrid will be able to handle it.

Barca have come out of this transfer window looking like complete cunts. Even more so than usual.

Liverpool deny asking Barça for 200 million euros for Coutinho

The English club say Soler's comments are totally false

Barça say Liverpool put the price on the table on Friday

1504374235881.jpg

El Liverpool negó haber exigido al Barça 200 millones por la venta de Coutinho | EF
Liverpool say they did not ask Barcelona for 200 million euros to sign Philippe Coutinho late on Friday night. Senior figures at Anfield say Albert Soler's claim is "totally false" because the player was "always" going to stay at the club.

Soler had said in a press conference earlier on Saturday that at the last hour "Liverpool named their price for a player we were interested in. A price of €200 million. Logically, we decided not to go ahead. And that's an indication of the new model. What we won't do it put the club at risk."
"There was never a possibility that Coutinho would go to Barcelona"
The comments from the Barça director quickly made their way to England and Liverpool were just as quick to knock the claim back. "There was never a possibility that Coutinho would go to Barcelona," a source said, insisting that Barça's version of events was "totally false."

Coutinho leaving the club was never an option because he only signed a contract in January and is considered a key player in Jurgen Klopp's squad.

Barcelona were contacted by SPORT after Liverpool's denial and said that the English club's demands "started at 200 million euros. We are not lying."

I've always hated that bunch of Mes Que Un Club cunts, so this is nothing new for me.

It is rather amusing to see them moaning about the Arabs and clubs 'run by countries' reshaping the landscape so they are no longer ruling the roost, even if some of their complaints are sort of valid.

As for the Reddit post, it's as shit as anything as anything else that's ever been posted about LFC or football on that site. Half of the points satirically made for comedy value, are actually entirely accurate and true

Reddit is astonishingly poor at footy content considering that almost everything else posted there which is inaccurate is shot down & corrected by numerous people within minutes.

That said, I've spoken to plenty of people in pubs whose opinions on footy seem to be entirely derived from those of pundits or tabloid journalists, despite spending their lives actually watching the game themselves every weekend & therefore meaning they should know that they're almost entirely cliché driven bollocks.

Guys, you've got to remember that lots of footballers are mentally still kids. Coutinho's job is to play football for tens of thousands of pounds a week, he's never had to face any of the real challenges that turns you into a man that you face between the age of 16 and 21, no hard decisions about careers, no grafting through a shit job to make ends meat, no struggling to pay for a house, or to live, no disappointments at all to be honest, he's had it as easy as easy is. This is probably the first real disappointment of his life, and he's handling it like a 16 year old would, it's a bit embarrassing but kinda expected to be honest.

Yes, it is. There have been spats on here sometimes between those who think players can be railroaded by their agents into decisions they don't really want to take and those who dismiss the idea, but the content of Mystic's post shows how it could happen. Too many players are fundamentally overgrown schoolboys, and not particularly mature ones at that.

Guys, you've got to remember that lots of footballers are mentally still kids. Coutinho's job is to play football for tens of thousands of pounds a week, he's never had to face any of the real challenges that turns you into a man that you face between the age of 16 and 21, no hard decisions about careers, no grafting through a shit job to make ends meat, no struggling to pay for a house, or to live, no disappointments at all to be honest, he's had it as easy as easy is. This is probably the first real disappointment of his life, and he's handling it like a 16 year old would, it's a bit embarrassing but kinda expected to be honest.

This is true, especially the bit about making ends meat. My teen years working in a sausage factory are probably what made me the man I am.

Back
Top Bottom