• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

January Window Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some pure speculation on my part, but this could potentially be like discovering a big fat diamond in a market where you also pay millions for painted rubbles..

Mathias Jensen from FC Nordsjælland, Denmark

I have mentioned him in another post a while back but this 21-year-old central midfielder is impressing me in such a way that I even believe a club of our stature should consider him thoroughly.

Watching him dictate play in midfield, spraying passes everywhere, long, short, diagonally and mixing it all up with highly potent defence shredding through balls, with such ease it almost resembles art. He's got so much flair I am getting Eriksen/Laudrup vibes from him when it comes to picking a pass and his overview and intelligence on and off the ball is very rare.

He can run, got a decent physique and are in many ways similar as a type to Xabi Alonso as in they are both calm, elegant, commanding and setting up play. He's a bit more attacking-minded, will score goals more frequently and got more pace and quicker feet. A poorer tackler than ol Xabi overall but he's such an intelligent footballer he's making up for that.
Perhaps he is in many ways the type of player I guess we all hoped for Henderson to be really. Without any real weaknesses in his game and a handful of key attributes to boot.

The Danish Superliga is not a great league but of late there have been an increase in players making the direct step to one of the big leagues and succeeding more or less from the off. Stanislav Lobotka for one, played in the same role as Mathias Jensen also with FCN, moved in the summer to Celta Vigo and are now playing week in, week out in La Liga. Durmisi, Cornelius and a few more have made the step up without much trouble as well.

There are no guarantees at all that this young bloke would be a success for us, or even develop as nicely as I think he will, but when you take into consideration that he'll probably demand a fee in the £5M region this could turn out to be a very rare bargain indeed in todays market.

I haven't seen anything suggesting we are even aware of who he is, let alone remotely interested, but I just got a feeling about this young lad, that he could be heading for greatness and perhaps far sooner than anyone would've believed. He's such a classy footballer. You'd love him too I am sure.

One To Watch: Mathias Jensen

Just read that Ceballos wants out of Real due to a lack of playing time..

OMG WE SHOULD BE SO MUCH ALL OVER THAT ONE!!

How much would it cost to prise Jan Oblak from Athletico? Would it even be possible? Having a keeper of that quality between the sticks would be worth about 10 points a season to us.

Jan Oblak has put Arsenal and Liverpool on red alert by admitted he doesn't know if he will remain at Atletico Madrid past this season.
Over the past few years, the Slovenia international has established himself as one of the best goalkeepers in Europe with his performances in Spain.
The 24-year-old has become a key player for Atletico Madrid and he has attracted many admirers in the process.
Arsenal and Liverpool are both open to signing a new goalkeepers and they are said to be big fans of Oblak.
Previously, the Premier League pair would have considered they had little chance of landing the Slovenian – but he has revealed that is no longer the case.
"I can't say much about what has happened in recent weeks, I really can't," Oblak told Slovenian sports newspaper Ekipa.
"What I can say is that for now I'm an Atletico player and will be until the end of the season.
"After that, I don't know, we'll see. You never know, sometimes things change from day to day.
"So, for now I can only talk about Atletico, with whom I am happy. I hope we'll have a good season together."

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/arse...uld-leave-atletico-madrid#6Op5GWcPeh6fpZlg.99

I hope we're interested in signing someone else besides Keita who can put their foot in when required. Keita's a super player but we need more than just him in there.

Agreed. I saw a piece from a Spanish newspaper linking us with N'Zonzi. That would be a very good fit for us I reckon.

Apart from this

LJiqn.gif

Agreed. I saw a piece from a Spanish newspaper linking us with N'Zonzi. That would be a very good fit for us I reckon.
I heard that the Sevilla manager took him off at half time when 0-3 down against us last month because he was slowing their play down. They were certainly more effective without him in the 2nd half. I'm sure it's possible to buy a DM'er who can move the ball quickly like Mascherano and Didi did.

I heard that the Sevilla manager took him off at half time when 0-3 down against us last month because he was slowing their play down. They were certainly more effective without him in the 2nd half. I'm sure it's possible to buy a DM'er who can move the ball quickly like Mascherano and Didi did.

He's been an everpresent and extremely good for them in that role though. He wasnt good against us, but for the last couple of years he's been immense.
Not slowing their play down but developed into a very good passer of the ball.
He'll also add 6'5 of steel and power to our midfield.

I have high hopes for Gruijc to step up for us though. Maybe a 6 month loan at a Premier league club would be what he needs to before next season.

I know there is almost no chance we'll buy yet another player from Southampton (other than VVD, hopefully), but I'm becoming a fan of Oriol Romeu. He always seems to appear at the right place in the right time to make a tackle or a block, meaning that he really understands the defensive positioning and reads the attacks well – in addition to all that he's a cultured, very typically-Spanish calm passer of the ball and a physical presence in the middle. Unlike some other posters, I don't think we should be playing with a DM or a holding midfilder like Romeu all the time, but we certainly need a player with these qualities in the squad when we are trying to hold a 3-goal lead at Sevilla or something.

Last edited:
I know there is almost no chance we'll buy yet another player from Southampton (other than VVD, hopefully), but I'm becoming a fan of Oriol Romeu. He always seems to appear at the right place in the right time to make a tackle or a block, meaning that he really understands the defensive positioning and reads the attacks well – in addition to all that he's a cultured, very typically-Spanish calm passer of the ball and a physical presence in the middle. Unlike some other posters, I don't think we should be playing with a DM or a holding midfilder like Romeu all the time, but we certainly need a player with these qualities in the squad when we are trying to hold a 3-goal lead at Sevilla or something.

I've liked him for a couple of years now and was hoping we would bid when he only had a year left on his deal. Unfortunately he signed a new deal last year so I think the cost for potential impact would be too high right now. He's certainly very good, expertly continued Wanyama's work and continued to ensure Southaption CB's are both blessed and overhyped.

I know a winger isn't exactly top priority right now, but Malcom at Bordeaux is tearing shit up in a 433 and looks set to be a star.

Munich unsurprisingly sniffing around.

Oblak Has 90 million Euro release cause.

Jesus. Still, if we sell Coutinho I'd buy him. Having a great keeper would just make such a difference. I actually think Ming is decent on his day, better than that, but he is never commanding. He's never a boss. This guy is a boss.

Jesus. Still, if we sell Coutinho I'd buy him. Having a great keeper would just make such a difference. I actually think Ming is decent on his day, better than that, but he is never commanding. He's never a boss. This guy is a boss.

Agreed he would instantly improve our team. The type of player we should break the bank for.

Jean Michael Seri is being touted as a possible transfer, his stats this season is poor.

We could flog Sturridge so that he gets a go at making the England squad and use the proceeds to cover half of the cost of VVD.
Other than that it will be 'as you were"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'd be surprised. There are at least half a dozen mid to lower-table EPL teams who are flush with cash and desperate for any kind of quality up front.
But it’s not just a full season of being injured. He’s been messed up for three seasons. Buying him for an overvalued price with a very realistic chance of him missing the majority of games would be a HUGE risk. And he’s much slower than he was.
I’d be happy to be wrong on this.

How likely are we to see this

Carroll -> Everton for 30 million
West Ham use that 30 million and buy Studge.

Don't know about likely, but it's possible. It was Allardyce who signed Carroll for W.Ham in the first place, though he's being said to be after Aubameyang this morning. I'd have thought Carroll was more their level.

We could flog Sturridge so that he gets a go at making the England squad and use the proceeds to cover half of the cost of VVD.
Other than that it will be 'as you were"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think Southampton will sell for 10m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom