• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

January Window Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ventus-to-sign-liverpools-emre-can-in-january

Fat Sam is supposedly preparing a £60m bid....

"And yesterday’s whisper that Sam Allardyce is preparing a £60m bid for unsettled Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangappears to have gathered traction. While the prospect of the Gabon striker rocking up at Goodison Park seems fairly unlikely, the manager who was capable of convincing Jay-Jay Okocha to sign for Bolton Wanderers is almost certainly capable of anything. With Aubameyang ready to leave Dortmund in January, Everton are likely to face competition from their Merseyside neighbours Liverpool in the race to secure his signature."

So the Fat One is "capable of anything"? As if getting the signature of Jay-Jay Okocha, decent player though he was, would be equivalent to that of persuading one of Europe's premier strikers to ignore interest from the manager who made him what he is today (Aubameyang's own words), and who manages a far better team, to sign for their wannabe local competitors.

What a steaming heap of well rotted manure.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ventus-to-sign-liverpools-emre-can-in-january

Fat Sam is supposedly preparing a £60m bid....

"And yesterday’s whisper that Sam Allardyce is preparing a £60m bid for unsettled Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangappears to have gathered traction. While the prospect of the Gabon striker rocking up at Goodison Park seems fairly unlikely, the manager who was capable of convincing Jay-Jay Okocha to sign for Bolton Wanderers is almost certainly capable of anything. With Aubameyang ready to leave Dortmund in January, Everton are likely to face competition from their Merseyside neighbours Liverpool in the race to secure his signature."

I bet Aubemayang cant wait to work with Fat Sam....

Hahahahaha as if

This is a huge mistake on their part unless they have already spoken to an agent & offered them & the player a briefcase or two stuffed with cash & have the signing sewn up.

Cos otherwise they are very publicly trying to get a player that may well come to their neighbours who they hate so much, & will be mocked for years to come every time that player has a good game.

This is a huge mistake on their part unless they have already spoken to an agent & offered them & the player a briefcase or two stuffed with cash & have the signing sewn up.

Cos otherwise they are very publicly trying to get a player that may well come to their neighbours who they hate so much, & will be mocked for years to come every time that player has a good game.
Cant see Klopp wanting Aubameyang at all.

Though I wouldn't object to the purchase, I would welcome it, he isn't a number 10. He is a winger.

He is Brazilian so could probably play anywhere across the middle - in any case - I found that Coutinho primarily drifts to the left in most cases and cuts inside - plus with this guy:-

1) Price is great - if we sell Coutinho - then you buy this guy for 35M and have a lot left over.
2) He is built better for the rough and tough of the PL - better than Coutinho so I would expect more consistency. Might be more defensively sound.
3) This guy seems to have an eye for goal - scoring 19 last season - which is more than Coutninho's output.
4) As he is from Brazil - I am sure he will be able fill the void of the Coutinho free kicks we would miss - only risk is that his first name is 'Lucas'.
5) I get the feeling there is less chance of this guy going off to Barca/Real if an offer came in after Klopp turns him into world class talent.

All I can say is plusses and an extra bonus is that I think we would screw up Arsenal's/Chelsea's plans of signing him.

I'd rather go for Malcolm

Mainly because I can't see past the last 2 months

He is Brazilian so could probably play anywhere across the middle - in any case - I found that Coutinho primarily drifts to the left in most cases and cuts inside - plus with this guy:-

1) Price is great - if we sell Coutinho - then you buy this guy for 35M and have a lot left over.
2) He is built better for the rough and tough of the PL - better than Coutinho so I would expect more consistency. Might be more defensively sound.
3) This guy seems to have an eye for goal - scoring 19 last season - which is more than Coutninho's output.
4) As he is from Brazil - I am sure he will be able fill the void of the Coutinho free kicks we would miss - only risk is that his first name is 'Lucas'.
5) I get the feeling there is less chance of this guy going off to Barca/Real if an offer came in after Klopp turns him into world class talent.

All I can say is plusses and an extra bonus is that I think we would screw up Arsenal's/Chelsea's plans of signing him.

I don't like him. Very happy we got Salah instead.

Monaco have had a poor start to the season, which may mean we get him for a good price as they are out of the champions league.

Simon Burnton
@Simon_Burnton

Real Madrid aren’t doing very well. They sit fourth in La Liga, trailing Barcelona by eight points and by eight goals, with Cristiano Ronaldo having scored just four times in the league and Karim Benzema only twice – and this in a country where it’s so easy to score that West Ham flop and comedy penalty run-up king Simone Zaza, now at Valencia, has 10. Inevitably they want to do something about this, and the something they want to do is buy everyone else’s best players.
Thus they will set forth in January armed with a few choice chat-up lines and a monster chequebook. and hope to return with none other than Egyptian speed merchant Mohamed Salah. According to Don Balón, the hope is that Liverpool will accept a bundle of cash and Lucas Vázquez for the man who has taken England by storm since returning to these shores in the summer, but if that doesn’t work out they could sell the 26-year-old Spanish forward to Roma and return to Anfield with an even bigger bundle of cash.

I will sell Sturridge and break the bank for Richarlison.

Dribbles well, good close control, shoots well, great vision, tough as nails and he is only 20, what's there to not like? 30-35M should net him.

Read that Spurs and Chelsea are eyeing him, we should too in view that we might be losing Coutinho. Rather than Lemar we have someone who is proven for the EPL.

Bit soon to call him proven, isn't it? He looks the dog's when he's at his best, but he's not been consistent enough for a long enough period yet IMO.

If Madrid really want Salah - I'd demand 80 million + Asensio.
That 80 million can be invested in Oblak and a defender.

A.Madrid will probably want something stupid for Oblak anyways. That's the problem with selling your star players in the current market - you're not going to be able to build the team out with the proceeds.

If Real really are interested in Salah, it's pretty bad timing because we can't afford to let Coutinho and another go. It would be too damaging.

Madrid’s gotta buy Aubameyang, how could they not? Need improvement/competition for Benzema, they’ve bought from Dortmund before and the player would be desperate to join. Centre-forward is the one position where they are a bit short. The only downside is that he’s cup-tied. If they want to avoid that, maybe Sanchez from Arsenal can be an option.

I don’t believe the rumors about Salah - big clubs don’t buy players based on a good few months at a new club, if they really wanted him, they would have bought him from Roma.

Last edited:
So the inevitable question is raised on whether if Salah is sold should Liverpool target Griezmann. With a buy-out clause of £88m, which when you think about is quite reasonable in today's market, why a club like Barca, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Man City did not got for him?
Because he said he would not leave his club in the shit (unable to get Costa until January). He'll leave next Summer.

There was some paper reporting cash plus Sergi Roberto for Coutinho. Sergi Roberto , has a buy-out clause pf around £36m. How good is he?

There was some paper reporting cash plus Sergi Roberto for Coutinho. Sergi Roberto , has a buy-out clause pf around £36m. How good is he?
We have been stung with getting these no-marks before. Antonio Nunez springs to mind. There's absolutely no point in swapping anyone unless they're going to be competing for a first 11 position.

RB is one of the few squad position im confident in, irrespective of whether Clyne plays again this season/ever.

Gomez and Taa are both ace , even if the former is a CB in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom