• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jordan in, Lamps out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see Henderson is the Euros squad. Even if he isn't involved in the games, it should be a good experience for him.

Next season though, he really needs to kick on. When it comes to Henderson, it irritates me when people say something like: 'he's only a kid, give him a few seasons to prove himself' It's all well and good giving young players a chance, but you'd really hope to see promising signs and last season, they were few and far between.
Btw, he's 22 this month, he already has over 100 Premier League games under his belt, has captained the England under 21s and will now be part of England's Euro 2012 squad - the same old lines can't keep cropping up if Henderson puts in one shitty/meh performance after another next season.

With the recent appointment of Rodgers, people rightly point to Henderson being his kind of player - technically good, likes to pass and move but Rodgers more than anything appears to like his players to express themselves - be brave on the ball, take risks etc. Something Henderson's failed to do in a Liverpool shirt to date.

I really hope he comes good, it'll obv benefit us and he seems like a nice lad as well, but the jury's out as they say.

SUNDERLAND midfielder David Meyler believes Jordan Henderson can be a future England captain.

And he says fans at both club and country level should get off the Wearsider’s back.

Henderson has had a tough time since his move to Merseyside, with Liverpool fans unimpressed by the £20million midfielder’s displays in his first season.

And last weekend that disapproval transmitted itself to the Wembley terraces with Henderson’s arrival as 83rd-minute substitute for skipper Steven Gerrard being greeted by a smattering of boos.

That reaction amazed former Black Cat team-mate David Meyler who has tipped Henderson for the very top.

“He is good enough, there’s no question about that,” he said in an interview with radio station talkSPORT.

“I played with him at Sunderland and I’m surprised that England supporters would even boo him.

“It would never happen in Ireland.

“Maybe Irish people and English people are different, but that’s unheard of because whether you like him or not he’s going to be an English midfielder in three or four years time and eventually he’s going to captain England.

Meyler and Henderson both penned five-year deals at Sunderland on the same day in April, 2010, but neither’s career has gone entirely smoothly, with Meyler having to deal with a double cruciate ligament injury to the same knee while Henderson has received strong criticism for his performances since moving to Anfield last summer.

“He’s had a tough start because everyone expects world-class things of him, but he moved to Liverpool on his own and took a month or two to settle in,” argued Meyler. “His family knows, and his friends know, that he is well able to play for Liverpool, without a shadow of a doubt.

“It’s like when Lucas played for Liverpool three seasons ago people booed him and gave him a hard time but a year and a half later he became a fans’ favourite. Jordan needs more time and when he proves himself the Liverpool fans won’t even remember his first season.”

I don't know anything about anything any more.

Just look at him.

547708_402630873109148_402693311_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom