• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope he gives a chance to some of our "exiled" players mainly Illori, Markovic and Texeira.

If Klopp is looking to sign a new keeper, well Timo Horn might be his guy.

A new center back, well look no further than Süle. A strong tall defensive organiser. A Hyypia type if you will.

Midfield? Sooo...many options.

Attack, not so many options.

It's baffling why Tex hasn't had a chance after a promising pre-season, or been included in an already stretched Europa League squad. It's like deja vu with Suso.

Ged and Rafa became their own worst enemies after winning a cabinet full of trophies. Rodgers did it by having a midlife crisis, and becoming so arrogant based on fuck all that he left work at 4pm everyday and wasn't seen at the academy for 2 years. No comparison.

I know this mate. Insig tried to dismiss Jules' point that our last three three longer term managers were guilty of being stubborn and ultimately losing their jobs for it. No one mentioned respective records, except for Insig. It's a moot point, moving forward we need someone who's flexible when needs be and who *will* adjust their principles if it's not working. THAT was the point, Insig just saw it as another opportunity to try to belittle Rodgers, which like I said, is fucking pathetic.

Does anyone NOT think he'll look at the team and think he'll have to rebuild the spine? Keeper - almost certainly gone. Centre backs - I have no real idea what he'll think about Sakho, Gomez he'll probably think needs experience and Sktrel is not a long term choice, so presumably one or two changes there. Centre midfield - it'll be intriguing how he interacts with Can, but he'll surely want a truly dominant, commanding CM. Studge is the one positive, but, again, I don't know enough about Klopp to think he'll like or dislike Benteke. So personally I can't see more than half of this team surviving for long, but it will be fascinating to see how Klopp uses what he's inherited this season - that will provide a real insight into the man as a manager.

Can't wait to see who we have to sell to finance that!! Surely that's Coutinho and Sturridge out the door???

The only thing that can take us anywhere close to success is slow rebuilding and continuity in the acceptance of the fact that we have become a selling club....but at the same time everybody wants instant gratification!?!

LFC has become a Sisyphus project in the hands of Moores and the Americans. The only thing that can change that fact short term is a sale. Anything less than new mega rich owners will be insufficient and we will have to wait for the new stadium and a higher revenue. That's about 5 years.

As long as a club can't keep the best players, or at the very least the majority of them, no manager will be able to change the current reality - we have become Spurs.

Can't wait to see who we have to sell to finance that!! Surely that's Coutinho and Sturridge out the door???

The only thing that can take us anywhere close to success is slow rebuilding and continuity in the acceptance of the fact that we have become a selling club....but at the same time everybody wants instant gratification!?!

LFC has become a Sisyphus project in the hands of Moores and the Americans. The only thing that can change that fact short term is a sale. Anything less than new mega rich owners will be insufficient and we will have to wait for the new stadium and a higher revenue. That's about 5 years.

As long as a club can't keep the best players, or at the very least the majority of them, no manager will be able to change the current reality - we have become Spurs.

It's not really, we have spunked away shitloads on Mignolet, Sakho, Lovren, Can, Allen, etc. We could have bought three commanding players with the money spent there, which would have given us a backbone to work with. We need a keeper, a centre half and a midfielder, as Macca says, if we buy right we can get the players, it's not always a case of it costing X amount. We need to scout well and spend well, stop over spending for the sake of some stupid attempt at looking like you're capable of playing with the big boys.

Is this the first player to speak out?

Can:"Jurgen Klopp is certainly a great coach," Can told Die Welt newspaper.

"I think he has demonstrated in Dortmund that he can match any team in the world.

"We had with Liverpool a dip that has cost us a few games.

"Although the focus is mainly on coach Brendan Rodgers, at the end we have players responsible for the situation in Liverpool. Rodgers has done good work - always."

I know this mate. Insig tried to dismiss Jules' point that our last three three longer term managers were guilty of being stubborn and ultimately losing their jobs for it. No one mentioned respective records, except for Insig. It's a moot point, moving forward we need someone who's flexible when needs be and who *will* adjust their principles if it's not working. THAT was the point, Insig just saw it as another opportunity to try to belittle Rodgers, which like I said, is fucking pathetic.

Jules comment was a reply to my comment, and while my original point actually was about standing up for your believes even when things are not going well on the pitch it was interpreted that Klopp was stubborn and stubborness can cost you. It can definately cost you... and if your acting stubborn on a lost case like Rafael and Ged it doesnt look good.
However Klopp got away with fans and media by being true to what gave him succes earlier. And he didn't start attacking the rest of the world for what wrong, but instead guided them to EL.

It's not really, we have spunked away shitloads on Mignolet, Sakho, Lovren, Can, Allen, etc. We could have bought three commanding players with the money spent there, which would have given us a backbone to work with. We need a keeper, a centre half and a midfielder, as Macca says, if we buy right we can get the players, it's not always a case of it costing X amount. We need to scout well and spend well, stop over spending for the sake of some stupid attempt at looking like you're capable of playing with the big boys.

You still need width and that is ridiculously expensive these days. You will get nowhere with a 10 mill pounds player more often than not. Don't forget we spend 20 mill Net this window. Peanuts compared to what waits ahead if you really want to take LFC to the next level.

We can't make any kind of realistic squad overhaul with some serious financing - or you sell the best players.

With FSG I think we both know what scenario is realistic.

Great response. I just responded to you reasonably to explain my point, and thats your retort?

Jurgen Klopp looks set to become Liverpool's new manager within the coming days and he will hope to bring two of his most trusted lieutenants with him.

Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz have followed the German boss from club to club for the best part of 20 years and look more than likely to join him at Anfield should his move go through this week.
Here, Sportsmail finds out more about the two most important men behind Klopp.

ZELJKO BUVAC AND PETER KRAWIETZ
WHAT ARE THEIR ROLES?

Buvac will be Klopp's assistant manager and right-hand man. The Bosnian is one of Klopp's most trusted lieutenants.

Krawietz will perform a similar role, but will have an interest in club transfers having spent seven years as a chief scout Mainz. It remains to be seen whether he'll be allowed into Liverpool's famed transfer committee.

WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN WITH KLOPP?

Klopp, Buvac and Krawietz have spent a total of 14 years together in management after spells with Mainz and Dortmund.

They spent seven years together at Mainz before making the switch to Dortmund in 2008, where they stayed until earlier this year. Under the trio's guidance, Dortmund won the Bundesliga, German Cup and German Super Cup while finishing runners-up in the 2013 Champions League final.

2D225A0600000578-3261655-image-a-13_1444124929961.jpg

Zeljko Buvac has spent a total of 14 years as Klopp's assistant coach at Mainz and Borussia Dortmund
2D225A0C00000578-3261655-image-a-14_1444124989042.jpg

TAKE ME THROUGH THEIR CAREERS TO DATE?

After retiring as a player in 1998, Buvac took over as manager at German side SC Neukirchen, where he stayed for three years - finding little success. The Bosnian then made the switch to Bundesliga side Mainz which is where his career as Klopp's No 2 began.

Klopp had just taken over as manager of Mainz and the duo worked closely together for seven years between 2001 and 2008.

They led Mainz to their first Bundesliga appearance and earned qualification to the 2005-06 UEFA Cup, but also saw the club relegated in the following season. Buvac then followed Klopp to Dortmund in 2008. He is also currently head coach of the Republika Srpska national team.

Krawietz spent seven years alongside Klopp and Buvac at Mainz as the club's chief scout and followed the duo to Dortmund where he was promoted to assistant coach.

DID THEY PLAY?

Buvac was an attacking midfielder and started his career for Borac Banja Luka in the Yugoslav First League where he won the Yugoslav Cup in 1988.

He decided to move to German football in 1991 and spent a year at German third division side Rot-Weis Erfurt before spells with Mainz and Neukirchen. Buvac made 98 appearances for Neukirchen, scoring 11 goals before hanging up his boots.

43-year-old German Krawietz, on the other hand, was never a professional player.

We replaced Rafa with Hodgson. Dalglish with Rodgers.
Replacing Rodgers with Klopp is the first time we've upgraded not downgraded for a generation.

Good post ;)

The last time we needed a new manager Rodgers and Martinez were available. This time around Klopp and Ancelotti are free and single. What a time to be alive.

My left bollock could have done a better job than Hodgson and looked more attractive whilst doing it.

Klopp is exactly the profile of manager we should have been looking at in the first place in 2012. Maybe FSG did look at him but decided to take a punt on a less experienced manager in Rodgers who was more readily available. Hopefully massive lesson learnt.

It's baffling why Tex hasn't had a chance after a promising pre-season, or been included in an already stretched Europa League squad. It's like deja vu with Suso.

Yes, and regarding Suso, fantastic decision to join Milan. He's rotting away on that Milan bench. Career down the toilet.

Klopp is exactly the profile of manager we should have been looking at in the first place in 2012. Maybe FSG did look at him but decided to take a punt on a less experienced manager in Rodgers who was more readily available. Hopefully massive lesson learnt.

I've seen one article which said they would have liked to hire him when they first took over, but he wasn't available.

Yes, and regarding Suso, fantastic decision to join Milan. He's rotting away on that Milan bench. Career down the toilet.

Am I the only person who thinks Suso is rubbish? Loads seem to rate him but he can't get a game anywhere he goes. He's 21. If he was any good surely one of these coaches would have played him by now.

I don't think he's rubbish, but when you're that small you need a pretty special talent to survive at top level and it looks like he can't quite bridge the gap.

I know he's not the new manager yet, but I couldn't help get a little excited when I watched these clips of Dortmund under Klopp. Some lovely examples of high energy pressing, wicked first touch and one touch passing, swift attacks and clinical finishing. Sadly i think we only half about two and half players with the skill to carry this out, but who knows.

Lol. Go watch a YouTube video of Liverpool FC 2013/14 season and come back and tell me that you wouldn't want the manager who achieved that style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom