• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said for years that a keeper is almost as important as a top striker and so I could never understand why a) low values put on keepers in general and b) the reticence shown by many (clubs and fans) on paying big for a top keeper. Many on here too were of that ilk .. pay how much for a keeper !?! No fucking way he's not worth that !

Now it seems the point of paying a huge fee for a top keeper is being driven home.

N.B. Pearce said just a few days ago that Alisson was a target.

With all the issues at Napoli, maybe we could bring Reina in for a season? Tough as hell, good reader of a game, powerful, knows the English game well, puts any mistake he makes behind him in a micro second (mentally tough).

I've said for years that a keeper is almost as important as a top striker and so I could never understand why a) low values put on keepers in general and b) the reticence shown by many (clubs and fans) on paying big for a top keeper. Many on here too were of that ilk .. pay how much for a keeper !?! No fucking way he's not worth that !

Now it seems the point of paying a huge fee for a top keeper is being driven home.

N.B. Pearce said just a few days ago that Alisson was a target.
I agree, a good goalkeeper is a solid investment. People seem to forget important saves quicker than goals.

Am I the only one who thought he had a good game two obvious howlers aside.
No, there were a few good saves and overall he was ok

Problem is in that position you CANT be gifting goals like that. We need consistency and we just can't get it from karius

He was good until the 1-0 goal, which is the most bizzarre goal ever seen in a CL final.
It had to be us, and it had to be from our GK.

After that he just lost it.

No, there were a few good saves and overall he was ok

Problem is in that position you CANT be gifting goals like that. We need consistency and we just can't get it from karius

Of course I haven't rated him from day one but howlers aside I thought he was having a good game,made some smart saves and distributed the ball well.

Can't see a way back from this.

He was good until the 1-0 goal, which is the most bizzarre goal ever seen in a CL final.
It had to be us, and it had to be from our GK.

After that he just lost it.

He made a good save after that but then had his brain fart

The third goal I can kind of understand how it slips off his hands and into the net. It's shit goalkeeping but you do see these things happening to goalkeepers.

The first one was an unforgivable sin. Even I wouldn't have made that mistake. My wife couldn't believe it when she seen it.

The third goal I can kind of understand how it slips off his hands and into the net. It's shit goalkeeping but you do see these things happening to goalkeepers.

The first one was an unforgivable sin. Even I wouldn't have made that mistake. My wife couldn't believe it when she seen it.
Same.. My wife didnt watch it. She thought I was exaggerating. I showed it to her this morning when she asked how bad they really were.

Her response was "oh!". Shes not even a liverpool fan.

I hope he is ok after this. I knew along with everyone that he had confidence issues. And it is great credit to him that he held out and helped us to a CL final and fourth place. Two blot out those wounds though is going to take a solid team bonding. It is obvious now as it was then, we need a new number one.

And probably someone like Pope who knows the league as a backup behind our shiny new world class number one.

Mignolet and Karius have to be sent on their way.

The price of any keeper we are going to buy has just gone up by another 20 big ones at least. Everybody knows we are desperate.

He's already do that before-- that rolled out ball to van Dijk which resulted in City's goal. It's basic goalkeeping and he just doesn't do it well. Unlike you, I don't kind of understand the third one either. Just ordinary goal-keeping, in my view.

I hope he is ok after this. I knew along with everyone that he had confidence issues. And it is great credit to him that he held out and helped us to a CL final and fourth place. Two blot out those wounds though is going to take a solid team bonding. It is obvious now as it was then, we need a new number one.

I fear for him, I really do from the non-football angle.

We all know what happened to Enke.

And probably someone like Pope who knows the league as a backup behind our shiny new world class number one.

Mignolet and Karius have to be sent on their way.

Won't be against signing Pope with Karius second choice. It will an affordable and realistic purchase.

Truth be told we probably wouldn't pay the asking price of Oblak, Allison or that guy from Milan.

It will be a nightmare if we start next season with either of the terrible 2 as first choice again.

I was very high on him until this year -but he's really regressed. Lots of errors this year I think ...

Some errors, but he’s 19 and has been in a contract fight with the club and attacked by the fans. He’ll become a great goalkeeper.

Alban Lafont is another we should look at.

Its should be said that Karius will not walk alone. We all share his pain. But he isn't good enough to be our #1

Klopp has backed 2 losers in a row in karius and Ming and once again it has cost us. Another arm around the shoulder won’t help won’t help. We have needed better for a long time

End of the day - it was an incompetent display of the highest order - he can’t blame anyone other than himself for the 1st & 3rd goals.

I thought he’d done remarkably well over the season to establish himself as No 1 and prior to the game, arguably enough to warrant a full go at it last season.

If it’d been two goals that he could have done nothing about - fair enough, but that horror show should rightfully end his Liverpool career.

He’ll go on to have a solid, if unspectacular career, at some mid-table German club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom