• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same.. My wife didnt watch it. She thought I was exaggerating. I showed it to her this morning when she asked how bad they really were.

Her response was "oh!". Shes not even a liverpool fan.
Guys (@Athens ) .... my wife and sister saw the goal replays after the game yesterday .... there was WOW at Bales goal...but the main question was 'wats wrong with Liverpools goalkeeper'.... i looked at them and said ... I really dont know.

The Errors get worse with each viewing.

I've been quite vocal with my criticism of Karius the entire time he's been with us. Even in his "good" spells, I've never been convinced. Any saves he does make, he punches back out into the 6 yard box. We saw it last night a couple of times, one resulting in a disallowed goal. He's utterly dreadful.

Spend the whole budget on Oblak if we have to. It's at that stage now.

For every salah there is a karius. Some players will never the temperament to make it at the very top

He made expected saves a premier league keeper should be making. He also made mistakes you see a 5 a side keeper make.

I know I mean as it wasn't like everything he did was shit, he made great saves up to that point

He made saves that you’d expect a top level goalkeeper to make.

He made mistakes that kids having a kick about in the park would be embarrassed about.

Contrast that with the save Navas made from TAA with his chance - which he got hold of and wellied.

Not only did Navas stop it - he held it when a parry might have led to a certain goal.

Whilst I admire Klopp for trying to make the most of what's he got, I hope Klopp will be ruthless and get a new keeper in the Summer.

He gave both Ming and Karius enough chances and neither has taken them.

I just feel bad for karius today.

Like sad for him

I hope he comes through the other side stronger

I'm not opposed to keeping him, but I'd get donnarumma in too

You can't have a good game if you make two massive mistakes. Especially as a keeper, there is no room for big errors.

He didn't even put much effort in for the second goal, for all it's brilliance from Bale. Watch the replies and he dives backwards but doesn't stretch an arm at all. He's not a particularly good shot stopper full stop. Only Pat, after one of the most ridiculous goalkeeping performances on the absolute highest stage, could label that farce a "good game". The lad is on another planet.

I just feel bad for karius today.

Like sad for him

I hope he comes through the other side stronger

I'm not opposed to keeping him, but I'd get donnarumma in too
Someone else mentioned Engel and I suspect Klopp will strongly have him in mind when dealing with Karius

Someone else mentioned Engel and I suspect Klopp will strongly have him in mind when dealing with Karius
Do you mean Enke? I saw some tweets about that last night and I'm not gonna lie, it could be a concern. I don't think it could take much to knock someone down in to the out, but last night (and a lot of the vocal twitter cunts of our support) could easily do it.

Didn’t Enke’s daughter pass away and that’s what lead to his depression and subsequent suicide?
Comparing that to Karius is way off the mark.

I've just watched Ramos smash Karius in the head before he conceded the first, knocked him flying a fair few yards in the process he hit him that hard.

I can't help but wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Didn’t Enke’s daughter pass away and that’s what lead to his depression and subsequent suicide?
Comparing that to Karius is way off the mark.
True, but depression is relative. Some people are knocked to that place by different things. I've known people who've attempted it who seemed to be handling everything ok and no real spark moment.

Karius is 24. I'd stick with him for a few more years unless he becomes consistently shit. It was the biggest occasion of his life, and he fucked up. Hopefully he uses the experience for the better.

Karius is 24. I'd stick with him for a few more years unless he becomes consistently shit. It was the biggest occasion of his life, and he fucked up. Hopefully he uses the experience for the better.
I believe he's got the strength to come though it. I just hope he works harder and improves

Something makes me want to believe you're right and get behind this train of thought.
It sounds hypocritical as I wanted him fucked off last night.
i still feel terrible for him as a person - and I sincerely hope when he looks back on his career, he has enough big time medals where he can say, "That was the game where I turned it around"

Do you mean Enke? I saw some tweets about that last night and I'm not gonna lie, it could be a concern. I don't think it could take much to knock someone down in to the out, but last night (and a lot of the vocal twitter cunts of our support) could easily do it.

He also sadly recieved some death threats last night. Feel for him as a person.

I feel really sorry for his as a human but he’s just not good enough for us, we have to get rid.

True, but depression is relative. Some people are knocked to that place by different things. I've known people who've attempted it who seemed to be handling everything ok and no real spark moment.

Fair enough. I just meant that I didn’t think Enke’s suicide was football related.
Either way, depression is a cunt. I know two students who I have taught that have committed suicide just this year alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom