• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really need to have plans to buy at least two keepers, don't we? Because if Karius is finished, or thinks he's finished here, that's one vacancy. Then Ming knows he needs to move on, so that's another. And unless Danny Ward is offered a run as number one, he'll surely think he'll need to go elsewhere. I just don't see any one of those three being ready to stay all season as back up. So it's pretty dramatic, the situation we're in. Grabara, who got some minutes on Saturday, would obviously welcome being promoted, but at 19 that seems either a bold or desperate measure.

We really need to have plans to buy at least two keepers, don't we? Because if Karius is finished, or thinks he's finished here, that's one vacancy. Then Ming knows he needs to move on, so that's another. And unless Danny Ward is offered a run as number one, he'll surely think he'll need to go elsewhere. I just don't see any one of those three being ready to stay all season as back up. So it's pretty dramatic, the situation we're in. Grabara, who got some minutes on Saturday, would obviously welcome being promoted, but at 19 that seems either a bold or desperate measure.

Two new keepers?

Jeepers.

Two new keepers?

Jeepers.

Don't you think so? Ming isn't staying, and Ward probably thinks he's already lost a year of experience by not staying at Huddersfield. I guess we're probably stuck with Karius on the books for a while but not on the pitch. So it strikes me that it'll be a big gamble if we only go for a new first choice keeper.

This issue is pissing me off so much...lets not bother with a goalie at all. Instead have the defence just atand in front of the goal all game and just kick it out to the midfield whenever the ball reaches them. I mean no more Karius no more potential careers ruined by us. Its the way forward.

This issue is pissing me off so much...lets not bother with a goalie at all. Instead have the defence just atand in front of the goal all game and just kick it out to the midfield whenever the ball reaches them. I mean no more Karius no more potential careers ruined by us. Its the way forward.

Perhaps we should approach the FA for permission to have rush goalie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who would have Ming?

I honestly don't think we'll sign a keeper. It'll be Fekir and that's it, I reckon.

Don't you think so? Ming isn't staying, and Ward probably thinks he's already lost a year of experience by not staying at Huddersfield. I guess we're probably stuck with Karius on the books for a while but not on the pitch. So it strikes me that it'll be a big gamble if we only go for a new first choice keeper.

I’m ok with Karius playing in League Cup & FA Cup games as long as we have a new keeper for League & CL games.

I don’t think we need 2 keepers this window.

I’m ok with Karius playing in League Cup & FA Cup games as long as we have a new keeper for League & CL games.

I don’t think we need 2 keepers this window.

If he's going to be consigned to some kind of weird purgatory this season then it would be better for all parties if he went on loan or was sold.

He's looking poor so far in pre-season and he (as well as the club) will come under intense scrutiny every time he plays. It's just not worth the hassle.

A break is needed.

Some European expert was singing the praises of the Wolfsburg keeper, Casteels. Anyone seen him play?

Watched a fair bit of the Bundesliga last season, he was decent but nothing special.

As much as I'd support poor ol'fucked dome Karius, if they are willing to spend top coin on this Brazilian fella he must be good. Solves a lot of problems for 8-10 years, if he's that good.

This may be a quiff but it made me lol....

1ac289781200e8fe898a978d7a3dbdf0.png

To be absolutely fair Karius did make some decent saves that night. Unfortunately the fact that his two brainf@rts lost us the trophy does rather disqualify "had a good game" as an overall description.

To be absolutely fair Karius did make some decent saves that night. Unfortunately the fact that his two brainf@rts lost us the trophy does rather disqualify "had a good game" as an overall description.

It's like Fred West saying he was "quite a good father" as long as you ignore the physical and sexual abuse, and murdering one of his children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom