• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone posted anything about Ward apparently getting a shot at the first team keeper prize in pre-season? Maddock has run with it. Comes to something when I view giving our third choice goalkeeper who I've never seen play the first team shirt as a positive move.

I imagine it is a case of Ming leaving and just stating that the second choice "has a shot". I'm worried about LK and now thing we really really need to go shopping. His head is gone.

So it looks like
Ward #1
Karius #2
Ming gone..

I wanted this last summer. Damn you Klopp.. Damn you to hell.

I'd be happy enough with that going it a new season if he gets a new no.10 etc. Give Ward a chance and play concussion boy in the cups.

It seems clear Alisson is pining for Real Madrid - I’m not sure I want him particularly. Saw someone do a stats breakdown on Ward and it wasn’t particularly encouraging but you have to wonder how he’s not pushed himself to the front of the queue already if he’s that good. Instead, he’s got there by default.

I’d maybe go for Cech given Arsenal have replaced him. Short term solution but instant upgrade

It seems clear Alisson is pining for Real Madrid - I’m not sure I want him particularly. Saw someone do a stats breakdown on Ward and it wasn’t particularly encouraging but you have to wonder how he’s not pushed himself to the front of the queue already if he’s that good. Instead, he’s got there by default.

I’d maybe go for Cech given Arsenal have replaced him. Short term solution but instant upgrade

Yup Ward has to be shite, if he couldn't get a start past those two clowns over an entire season something is wrong.

I think I’d rather stick with Karius than sign Cech - he made even more mistakes than Karius last season.

Anyway - we’ll end up signing Buttland - you just know it.

Just wait till the England squad get back.

Rome transfer market, Liverpool overtaking for Alisson: all the details of the offer
The Reds now find themselves ahead in the English derby with Chelsea. The proposal is better for the club and the player.

When the going gets tough, the tough start playing. In Liverpool they must think so, given that after a summer spent waiting (official) of offers of Real and Chelsea for Alisson , it is materializing the risk that popping up may be the third uncomfortable. That is, Liverpool. Which, after weeks of official silence, would be ready to displace the competition with an offer in the parameters required by Rome

That is no less than seventy million plus a series of bonuses to close the circle.

The previous English

Some might think that falling in love with Liverpool is recent stuff. It is not so. Because the most attentive will remember how, in this newspaper, on June 9th, we told of a meeting between a Liverpool manager and the English man of Rome, that is Stefano Castagna . The meeting between the two took place at the Leeds stadium on the occasion of the last friendly premital of England, opposing Costa Rica . An informal chat, but in fact convinced the manager of Liverpool, still desperate for the ducks of Karius in the Champions League final, that there could be a margin to try to take the Brazilian goalkeeper who last fall in love all the fans Romanist . And from that moment on, the Reds decided to go to the window. Until a few days ago. When they decided that the game was getting tough and then it was appropriate to intervene. With Real Madrid now oriented to take Courtois from Chelsea and, therefore, with the Blues with the need to buy a new holder. The intrusion of Liverpool, not too surprising, can have the effect not only of closing a situation that has been going on for weeks (let's say months), but also to hurry it. What somehow made the Roma Monchi sports director understand when, on a couple of occasions, he explained that "there is a time for everything", not saying when this time would expire. There is certainly not much time for sure.

The meeting in Trigoria

On Friday evening there was a presence in Trigoria. Do not worry, no ghosts, let alone a spirititic session. The presence has the name and surname of Stefano Castagna . Yes, the same one that last June met in Leeds with a Liverpool emissary. Noting the willingness of the Reds to buy it and giving the guarantee that he would explain to the player the reasons why it would be good and right to say yes to the offer of Liverpool. Stuff like: at your Anfield there's your friend Firmino ; there is also your ex-partner Salah ; they play the Champions; you saw what fans they have; and, above all, look at that they are willing to guarantee you the salary you want, more than five million euros (it seems they have arrived at six for five years) . In Trigoria, Friday evening, Castagna reiterated the possibility of closing the matter. And after the greetings he left for London. Where, however, Chelsea was materializing that revolution that had been dying for some time but that remained unfinished. And this means a new meeting, eventually, even with Chelsea. Because if it is true that it is true that Courtois seems destined to move to Madrid (has only one year of contract with Abramovich and no intention to extend it), there is the need to give Maurizio Sarri a guaranteed goalkeeper rather than promoting Caballero in the role first.

There is the possibility, in short, that between the two English clubs born at an auction to secure the Brazilian goalkeeper of Rome. What in Trigoria would like from an economic point of view. At this moment the impression is that in the next two or three days the Alisson question could undergo a decisive acceleration, with Liverpool starting in clear pole position. What should lead to the sale of the Brazilian. Because, as they say in Trigoria, when there is an offer of over seventy million for a goalkeeper, you can not refuse it considering the cash and the fact that with that cash the goal would be to complete and improve the current squad. Of course, we allow ourselves to say, not in the door.

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...sson-tutti-i-dettagli-dellofferta&prev=search

If Courtois signs for Madrid, I think we should try signing Navas.
31 next December, I believe he still has at least 3 good season in him, and Karius, Ward or any other young keeper can be his understudy.

Edited: 31 *last* December. The rest of my post still applies.

Last edited:
Rome transfer market, Liverpool overtaking for Alisson: all the details of the offer
The Reds now find themselves ahead in the English derby with Chelsea. The proposal is better for the club and the player.

When the going gets tough, the tough start playing. In Liverpool they must think so, given that after a summer spent waiting (official) of offers of Real and Chelsea for Alisson , it is materializing the risk that popping up may be the third uncomfortable. That is, Liverpool. Which, after weeks of official silence, would be ready to displace the competition with an offer in the parameters required by Rome

That is no less than seventy million plus a series of bonuses to close the circle.

The previous English

Some might think that falling in love with Liverpool is recent stuff. It is not so. Because the most attentive will remember how, in this newspaper, on June 9th, we told of a meeting between a Liverpool manager and the English man of Rome, that is Stefano Castagna . The meeting between the two took place at the Leeds stadium on the occasion of the last friendly premital of England, opposing Costa Rica . An informal chat, but in fact convinced the manager of Liverpool, still desperate for the ducks of Karius in the Champions League final, that there could be a margin to try to take the Brazilian goalkeeper who last fall in love all the fans Romanist . And from that moment on, the Reds decided to go to the window. Until a few days ago. When they decided that the game was getting tough and then it was appropriate to intervene. With Real Madrid now oriented to take Courtois from Chelsea and, therefore, with the Blues with the need to buy a new holder. The intrusion of Liverpool, not too surprising, can have the effect not only of closing a situation that has been going on for weeks (let's say months), but also to hurry it. What somehow made the Roma Monchi sports director understand when, on a couple of occasions, he explained that "there is a time for everything", not saying when this time would expire. There is certainly not much time for sure.

The meeting in Trigoria

On Friday evening there was a presence in Trigoria. Do not worry, no ghosts, let alone a spirititic session. The presence has the name and surname of Stefano Castagna . Yes, the same one that last June met in Leeds with a Liverpool emissary. Noting the willingness of the Reds to buy it and giving the guarantee that he would explain to the player the reasons why it would be good and right to say yes to the offer of Liverpool. Stuff like: at your Anfield there's your friend Firmino ; there is also your ex-partner Salah ; they play the Champions; you saw what fans they have; and, above all, look at that they are willing to guarantee you the salary you want, more than five million euros (it seems they have arrived at six for five years) . In Trigoria, Friday evening, Castagna reiterated the possibility of closing the matter. And after the greetings he left for London. Where, however, Chelsea was materializing that revolution that had been dying for some time but that remained unfinished. And this means a new meeting, eventually, even with Chelsea. Because if it is true that it is true that Courtois seems destined to move to Madrid (has only one year of contract with Abramovich and no intention to extend it), there is the need to give Maurizio Sarri a guaranteed goalkeeper rather than promoting Caballero in the role first.

There is the possibility, in short, that between the two English clubs born at an auction to secure the Brazilian goalkeeper of Rome. What in Trigoria would like from an economic point of view. At this moment the impression is that in the next two or three days the Alisson question could undergo a decisive acceleration, with Liverpool starting in clear pole position. What should lead to the sale of the Brazilian. Because, as they say in Trigoria, when there is an offer of over seventy million for a goalkeeper, you can not refuse it considering the cash and the fact that with that cash the goal would be to complete and improve the current squad. Of course, we allow ourselves to say, not in the door.

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...sson-tutti-i-dettagli-dellofferta&prev=search

It looks to me like Roma now need to sell to balance the books, they'll sell to the highest bidder

There's a quote in BBC transfer gossip from Courtois saying the contract offer he has on the table from Chelsea is something he can't get elsewhere.

Looks like despite the family ties to Madrid he may well be paid to stay in London. I guess that ties in with reports of us being ahead of Chelsea for Allison. But who else would Madrid be interested in?

I know a lot of people have been turned off from Allison, but I don't care, I'd still have him in a heart beat.

I know a lot of people have been turned off from Allison, but I don't care, I'd still have him in a heart beat.

I think it's more of a price v performance problem with most people that don't want Allison now. Can we really spend £50m on a guy that was behind an arsenal reject not too long ago and hasn't proven himself long term.

I'd have him over Karius too, I think most would it's just the amount of money it'll take to have that option which factors into the turn off.

I think it's more of a price v performance problem with most people that don't want Allison now. Can we really spend £50m on a guy that was behind an arsenal reject not too long ago and hasn't proven himself long term.

I'd have him over Karius too, I think most would it's just the amount of money it'll take to have that option which factors into the turn off.
Arsenal reject? You're right it's probably a price thing, but hey it's not my money, however being a reject has little to do with it, the two best players in the league last year were also rejects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom