• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kevin the keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll not save something Allison would have and everyone will turn on him is the most likely outcome and had started to be the case before this run of games.

Hopefully he continues to surprise

I did, but earlier on this season he was shite for a number of weeks, which has dented it. He's been better lately.

He's a decent number two, but his level is sufficiently below Allison that is could be costly. The defence and midfield are going to have to stay switched on and the midfield will have run harder more to give is increased protection. Klopp should fuck off any hybrid system. Gomez should start in one of the FB positions.

He doesn't have Alisson's aura, but very few do. We need not to rely on him as we have had to rely on Alisson in the past. Play a tighter game. Defend well. Control the midfield.

Sure.....over a specified number of games, if I was told today Ali picked up an injury setback that ruled him out for the rest of the season then I wouldn't have as much faith.

Last edited:
He did well in the last game, probably being overly critical but the save he made before the goal, Ali gets rid of that, away from back into the danger area. Mignolet used to make the same error quite a bit, a cracking save but palming it straight back into a danger area. They were two really smart saves though and he has come on, his distribution has been a lot better too.

He did well in the last game, probably being overly critical but the save he made before the goal, Ali gets rid of that, away from back into the danger area. Mignolet used to make the same error quite a bit, a cracking save but palming it straight back into a danger area. They were two really smart saves though and he has come on, his distribution has been a lot better too.
I'm not sure about that, it was an amazing reaction save. It's extremely hard to control the direction of it. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

Although there is a big drop off from Alisson, Kelleher is a really good replacement I reckon as he has a similar skillset which means that we don't have to alter our style of play.
Kelleher, like Alisson is very strong with the ball at his feet and we will be able to continue to play out from the back as per usual.
My main concern for Caoimhin is that he is not physical enough on set pieces and gets bullied by opponents when coming to claim the ball

My only concern about him is his near post. He seems to have a weakness there. He always expects it to go across his body, so is usually set that way before the shot is taken, meaning he's unable to react quick enough.

The sooner we get back Allison the better, but he's probably one of the best second choice goal keepers in the league. So he'll certainly do for now.
And someone at the club tell him to stop chewing gum while getting a TV interview.

Fucking gutted.

I thought I had coined 'Irish Kevin', just did a search:

FC Midtjylland v Liverpool - Match Thread - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

That was boss from Irish Kevin. VAR, & the VAR ref needs to be fucking shot. After he's forced to watch his mistakes.

The next mention of Irish Kevin:

Pre Match - Palace (a) - Sun 14:00
How anyone could suggest Irish Kevin should be ahead of Becker is beyond me. Great to have a strong #2.

FFF the true Irish Kevin King coiner.

Howaya Queeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, baaaaaay?

It's not a name meant to be said by a German speaker :)

Howaya Queeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, baaaaaay?

It's not a name meant to be said by a German speaker :)
On a _mildly_ serious note it was my reaction to friendly German people trying to pronounce my name when I lived there that made me try my best to pronounce non-Brits names as best as I can . Oddly this seems to wind up other Brits

He's been ace, then ordinary, then ace again, then dubious. His problem is, until he's a regular starter, we don't know how good he is. And he won't get that here. Let's face it, when he plays and we see his name on the sheet, no-one shits it, he's not a liability. But, if Ali walked out today, would you want a new keeper? Torn on it personally.

He's been ace, then ordinary, then ace again, then dubious. His problem is, until he's a regular starter, we don't know how good he is. And he won't get that here. Let's face it, when he plays and we see his name on the sheet, no-one shits it, he's not a liability. But, if Ali walked out today, would you want a new keeper? Torn on it personally.
Yeah, I'd probably want a new keeper if Ali walks. Kelleher is a good keeper, but I don't see world class potential. I don't think he commands the penalty are the way Ali does and I get a bit worried on corners and other set pieces. One part of his game that I believe he might be on par with or better than Alison is his passing. Like I've said before, I he's probably top 3 in the Prem with the ball at his feet.
That pass to Luis in the first half should have been an assist.

He's probably the best back up keeper we've had in a long while, but if all of a sudden he was first choice, he'd be quite a way down in our list of first choice keepers over time.

That said, he'd almost certainly improve with regular playing time. He's easily good enough to be a regular Premier League keeper. But I am not sure that he'd develop quickly enough if he just became our first choice keeper.

You do have to wonder what he thinks will happen in the long run.

If Ali left, he would be worth 10 games at least to see how he would perform - none of us know until he gets a run. When he plays regularly, he's produced some sublime saves. I have seen him only be poor when he's been out of the side and is just getting his groove back.

He was really good last weekend too

For the age of him, he's a fine keeper. Long way to go, but he's good enough. I do agree that I'd like him to command his box more though. You never hear him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom