• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Quelle heure do we replace Kelleher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Is he done as our back up keeper now? Seemingly out of cups (although Wednesday will tell). He had a short chance to deputise and was average.

I feel we need to do two things

1. Loan Kelleher for a season, he needs to play

2. Get a new back up - either a safe old hand with PL experience or the next up & comer (Pitaluga?)

Am i jumping the gun? It just seems his time is up.

Loan him out. See if he can cut it and improve.

Get a new Adrian in, no need to have a kid sitting on the bench, they need games.

Is he done as our back up keeper now? Seemingly out of cups (although Wednesday will tell). He had a short chance to deputise and was average.

2. Get a new back up - either a safe old hand with PL experience or the next up & comer (Pitaluga?)

Pitaluga has just gone put on loan

I doubt that he's out of the cups. He was never going to play against Arsenal away. He has barely played in the FA cup for us. 5 appearances in total across 5-6 seasons. depending on how you see it.

I think he'll start on Wednesday.

Pitaluga needs to be registered in the squad next season - although he’ll be home grown.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Adrian gets another extension.

It’ll likely be up to Kelleher if he wants to stay or go.

I remember Klopp doesn't like his players to have too long of a break so that's why Ali probably started.

Think Kelleher will start both Fulham games, and if we win, the final as well.

There is really no point loaning out your number 2 for someone else. Loan out your academy keeper(s) to see if he can eventually be number 2 and maybe wait to see if an offer comes in we can accept for Kelleher.

Ojrzyński, Davies and now Pitaluga have all gone out on loan. Adrian should really leave this month and Kelleher can stick around a little longer.

Jumping the gun for me, unless he wants to leave.

There is really no point loaning out your number 2 for someone else. Loan out your academy keeper(s) to see if he can eventually be number 2 and maybe wait to see if an offer comes in we can accept for Kelleher.

Ojrzyński, Davies and now Pitaluga have all gone out on loan. Adrian should really leave this month and Kelleher can stick around a little longer.
Who's going to be our third?

Time's up for Kelleher (as a potential #1). I thought he was going to be in line to take over from Ali but he seems to have regressed the past season. If he wants to stay as a #2 he's good enough but he's never going to be #1, so what does he want to do for his career? And do we want to retain a keeper who will never be #1 (likely I'd say yes because most teams never promote their #2 to the #1 slot - they go out and buy better). Adrian should leave end of the season because he's pointless now and frees up an overseas slot.

When have we ever needed a third keeper, like ever?

Jaros if really necessary.
Weren't we forced to play with Kelleher and bring in Lonergan as backup when Alison and Adrian got injured. I think Kelleher was our third choice.

Then I remember Reina getting injured, Doni got red carded. So Brad Jones had to play.

We had to loan Paul Jones in 2004 too.

Yeah we've needed third keepers a few times. It's always nice to have an alright one

I know what you mean in the sense that it looks like Kelleher has hit a bit of a brick wall with his development - but that's just from the outside looking in.

He should leave if he thinks he has any shot of a decent career but from our perspective, I'm not sure there needs to be any great hurry to sell... unless there is a really good #2 type keeper available. We don't want to be left with some Adrian / Bogdan type.

As for Pitaluga... the fact that he's ended up on loan at non-league Macclesfield and some Irish club says a lot about his reputation in the game.

Weren't we forced to play with Kelleher and bring in Lonergan as backup when Alison and Adrian got injured. I think Kelleher was our third choice.

Then I remember Reina getting injured, Doni got red carded. So Brad Jones had to play.

We had to loan Paul Jones in 2004 too.
:D

Adrian was so bad, Kelleher took over as 2nd choice so we played him instead. Lonergan was never needed, did he ever make the bench?

Jones wasn’t third choice, he was an emergency signing who we sent back after about 2 weeks.

:D

Adrian was so bad, Kelleher took over as 2nd choice so we played him instead. Lonergan was never needed, did he ever make the bench?

Jones wasn’t third choice, he was an emergency signing who we sent back after about 2 weeks.
Adrian was bad sure, but in 2019 he was our 2nd choice keeper and was in goal during the Super cup final wasn't he?
Lonergan was on the bench. I'm not sure why Adrian was missing, I think he was injured, could have been rested.
Point is, it has happened before. You never know. Alisson does get injured from time to time.

I remember Ged having to get Paul Jones in on loan after all our keepers got injured apart from the useless young French keeper he had signed from Monaco.

He will play the semis and if we go through, the final. He's fine. No need to do anything about him. A very good number two.

I'm not convinced he is a very good number 2 any more. Maybe it is a mental thing, that he doesn't think he has a chance to be a number 1 here so isn't performing out of his skin. He has been pretty dire in majority of his appearances this season. In previous seasons he looked good with the ball at his feet, and his shot stopping. He is looking shaky at the former and terrible at the latter. We need him to step up or fuck off.

I'm not convinced he is a very good number 2 any more. Maybe it is a mental thing, that he doesn't think he has a chance to be a number 1 here so isn't performing out of his skin. He has been pretty dire in majority of his appearances this season. In previous seasons he looked good with the ball at his feet, and his shot stopping. He is looking shaky at the former and terrible at the latter. We need him to step up or fuck off.

Seems like it's always a problem to some extent. Either they're shit or unhappy about not playing.

Kelleher's reasonably good and doesn't moan so I'm not really seeing the problem tbh.

Celtic are one of many clubs interested in a summer move for Liverpool goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher, according to sources in Scotland, though it is likely the Reds would not sell the Irishman for anything but a fair transfer fee if he made the decision to leave.

The Irishman, who has played 11 matches for the Reds this season, has been touted as a potential replacement for former England No 1 Joe Hart at Celtic Park, with the 36-year-old's contract up at the end of this season.

Celtic, though, are likely to be challenged for Kelleher's signature if he did decide to leave this summer - which is a decision he has not yet made - and three Premier League clubs have also watched the goalkeeper this season. Brentford, Brighton and Wolves showed an interest last summer.

Liverpool No 1 Alisson Becker recently hinted that he would like to play for another decade and the Brazilian is still performing at his elite-level peak, meaning 25-year-old Kelleher might decide the summer is a good time to move on in search of minutes as a first-choice keeper elsewhere.

Jurgen Klopp last summer rubbished any talk of Kelleher moving on, and the Reds do not want to lose him, though this could change if the keeper wanted to be a No 1 elsewhere. It is also unlikely Liverpool would sanction the sale of Kelleher before finding a replacement.

It has been suggested that the Reds have watched Sunderland's Anthony Patterson several times but there are doubts over whether the 23-year-old is good enough for the Premier League leaders' level.

Reactions: dee
Linked with Anthony Patterson from Sunderland as our new nr 2. Very good GK and 23 years old (homegrown).
I'd be very happy with that if we go for him.

Linked with Anthony Patterson from Sunderland as our new nr 2. Very good GK and 23 years old (homegrown).
I'd be very happy with that if we go for him.
Is he any better than Pitaluga?

I‘ve been really impressed by Young Trafford. He’s very young too but cost a fortune for Burnley. Seems mad City sold him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom