• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Kimi off back to Ferrari

Mors

Well-Known
I'm quite surprised by this, Kimi is a brilliant driver, but driving next to Alonso?! I can't remember the last time when one of the top teams had two alpha drivers? Usually one's a backup.
Can't see Alonso being happy about this at all, he could end up looking and being second best.

Be interesting next season. Especially with them driving with the 1.6l twin turbo engines too.

I agree. Team orders out the window whether they like it or not. Which is a good thing. Red Bull going the other direction I think. I'd love to see Vettell and Hamilton driving the same car. Love it. That would make for a fascinating battle.

Kimi's ecstatic reaction to the multimillion dollar deal.

kimi_raikkonen_qualifying.jpg

I agree. Team orders out the window whether they like it or not. Which is a good thing. Red Bull going the other direction I think. I'd love to see Vettell and Hamilton driving the same car. Love it. That would make for a fascinating battle.

If Redbull don't have a shit car next season, I'm going to stop watching it. It's getting stupid. Just need Merc, Ferrari or Lotus to just win it to mix things up. I couldn't give a fuck who. I would have 'thought' that Merc would have/should have the best car next season with that new engine.
Be weird seeing a Ferrari with a 1.6l engine and twin turbo's, producing 750brake. It'll be a chav's wet dream.

Ferarri need Kimi's drive and passion to push Alonso and the team to another level. Its going to be aces.

I don't really think it's the other direction Red Bull are going. I think/hope that Ricciardo can put a little pressure on Vettel. He's a good one, old Danny.

If Redbull don't have a shit car next season, I'm going to stop watching it. It's getting stupid. Just need Merc, Ferrari or Lotus to just win it to mix things up. I couldn't give a fuck who. I would have 'thought' that Merc would have/should have the best car next season with that new engine.
Be weird seeing a Ferrari with a 1.6l engine and twin turbo's, producing 750brake. It'll be a chav's wet dream.

They've given Adrian Newey an amazingly lucrative lengthy contract, so it's highly unlikely their domination will come to end.

This fella is a genius, he designs cars that win championships. He has won nine constructors championships with three different teams. Nine!

The Red Bull this year is so good for a number of reasons, but the one that stands out is the one that Hamilton referred to as if it were cheating. Newey has basically made the gearing system automatically alter on corners to provide the same effect as traction control would.

It's well within the rules, but other teams can't mimic it effectively & keep referring to it as traction control. The speed in & out of corners that this can generate makes a huge (in f1 terms) difference.

I agree with you though, I've watched more Moto gp this year than F1, & I only normally miss one or two races a year.

If it's not competitive at the front it's not interesting.

I personally believe that modern day f1 needs to concede control of the major car design to the likes of Newey heading an f1 design team funded by all teams, with all teams getting to then make choices only on smaller elements of design that effect smaller margins of race speed.

This will mean teams running costs are much lower & the races are more competitive & much more about the driver, yet the team influence still remains in some elements of design, & of course the race/pit/tyre strategy & pit team effectiveness will always have a massive impact.

Back
Top Bottom