• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have access to "The Athletic" but read this elsewhere.................

Some interesting snippets here from the athletic this morning as regards klopps new contract

Among the Klopp's key motivations for committing until 2024 was a desire to lay the foundations for “Liverpool after Klopp” and that will include a gradual restructure of the team."

"FSG are said to have outlined a vision of the current squad winning the title this season and next before the rebuild gathers pace, during which time Klopp’s men finishing far lower down the table would be acceptable so long as the ultimate project remains on course."

"By then, a lot of Liverpool’s key players will be moving into the latter part of their careers and already there are young talents and new signings being identified as potential successors."

I don't have access to "The Athletic" but read this elsewhere.................

Some interesting snippets here from the athletic this morning as regards klopps new contract

Among the Klopp's key motivations for committing until 2024 was a desire to lay the foundations for “Liverpool after Klopp” and that will include a gradual restructure of the team."

"FSG are said to have outlined a vision of the current squad winning the title this season and next before the rebuild gathers pace, during which time Klopp’s men finishing far lower down the table would be acceptable so long as the ultimate project remains on course."

"By then, a lot of Liverpool’s key players will be moving into the latter part of their careers and already there are young talents and new signings being identified as potential successors."

[article]Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has told ESPN he will use his new four-and-a-half year contract to make the changes that will enable his successor to inherit the club in the "best possible position."

Klopp, who succeeded Brendan Rodgers at Anfield in Oct 2015, last week signed a new deal which commits him to Liverpool until the end of the 2023-24 season.

If the German remains in charge for the duration of his contract, it will extend his time at Anfield to almost nine years -- two years longer than his stay at previous club, Borussia Dortmund.

But despite Liverpool being on course for a first league title since 1990, less than a year after winning the Champions League, Klopp has told ESPN that the next four-and-a-half years will see changes and a rebuild take place at Anfield.

"We will see what we can achieve together in that time, but there will probably be a moment where we have to change things," Klopp said.

"Improve always, but to change things as well and I really thought it makes sense that I do that instead of another manager coming in and having to do this kind of not really thankful job and like rebuild or whatever and then say 'oh but Klopp would have done different' stuff like this.

"This club became so important to me in a really short time. It's unbelievable, so I feel absolute responsible for probably too much, but nearly everything.

"That's what we try to show with that [contract] extension. We are ready to win whatever we can, but to make sure because there is always a time after me, after another manager, that the club in the best possible position to carry on in the best possible way.

"At this moment, everyone in the club believes that we need the consolation of the relationship we have with each other, but that it really works out in the future as well. That's important."

Liverpool confirmed the £7.25m signing of FC Salzburg forward Takumi Minamino on Thursday, with the Japan international expected to make his debut in next month's FA Cup third round clash with Everton.

And Klopp admits that Minamino is the first step in his plans to rebuild his squad.

"It's not reshaping, but Taki is for sure a player who can help us immediately in the short term and the long term, from an age perspective," Klopp added.

"He's already really good. Everyone could see when we played Salzburg. But still [there is] potential there to become even better.

"It's not a competition, it's just to have different options in different moments and the door is wide open that Taki can come in the team."[/article]

His first interview with the club he highlighted, it is not how he arrived that make him a good manager, it's when he leave with the club being in a better place. That to me sums up what he is, he loves his job and the projects he takes up. And we fans love him and he can feel it.

I read this just after watching a compilation of Trent passes.

We're so fucking lucky to have what we have right now.

He better get the fuck out of Scotland quick smart if that’s his ambition for 2024
Maybe he's trying to follow his idol's footsteps? Conquer Scotland and then conquer England? You know that outstanding character who loves double pivot, and now likes to press the reset button?

This actually made me tear up. There is an endearing vulnerability about Klopp; there is no pretense in him, he's never even for one second full of himself. When football deals him tough losses, you feel his pain and anger – he doesn't hide it. And when he finally wins there is no better feeling in the world – it's a joy that doesn't belong just to one man or even a group of players, but is radiating all around. I loved his work at Dortmund, but he's grown here, too – he's a far better manager now and a more mature and even-keeled person. We are the best club side in the world because we're currently headed by the best manager in the world, the one and only Jurgen Klopp.

Last edited:

I can understand why Barca want Klopp, they are clueless on how to make best use of their current investments in players - everytime they sign one - they probably think "doh....why don't they just slot in liken Iniesta, Xavi, et al ..." - fucking idiots. They should not worry that much, I am sure if Pep has a melt-down after this season he will be willing to go back .... maybe ?

Klopp won't manage another club after us imo.

He'll either go straight to the German nation side, or extend another couple of years & then go to the national side.

Klopp won't manage another club after us imo.

He'll either go straight to the German nation side, or extend another couple of years & then go to the national side.

Klopp needs the day-to-day work with his team. I don't think that he'd work as a part timer at a national side.

I don't want to think about life without this guy. As I wasn't alive, I never quite used to understand how you all used to eulogise about Shankly like he was some form of larger than life, ethereal presence at this club, surely he was just a manager, yes the best that ever lived sure, but just a manager? I finally get it with Klopp, he's got a very long way to go to emulate the success of Bill, but he is the very spirit and embodiment of this institution, you can see it in how the fans, the pundits, the neutrals all look and speak about him, everyone knows Jurgen, and all but the bitterest of cunts adore him. He's more than football, he's more than winning, he's everyone that loves to watch and play the game, there's something about him that we can all connect to on so many levels, he's so very human, yet he's such a brilliant football man. I was watching the Amazon interview after the Leicester game between the studio and Klopp, it was Gabby Logan, Henry, Macca and Lee Dixon, a completely bipartisan group, and he had them laughing and smiling the whole way through, it's like he casts a magic spell over them, and thats because he's simply a fantastic human being.

We could win every champions league, premier league, fa cup (fuck the carabao cup) between now and 2024, have a side which has all the best players in the world at the right age, playing and fighting for each other completely unselfishly, like our side currently does, we could be in the perfect situation, but the day he leaves will be one of the saddest of my footballing life, he's a colossus of this club.

There was a great quote from the Office of all things, which has always stuck with me. “I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.” - We're in the good old days people, enjoy every last minute of it, it's almost worth the 30 years of pain.

Fake edit - Fuck that was soppy, I need to get laid.

Last edited:
He's quite an outspoken Christian too and as a practicising one myself, I have to confess he puts many so-called Christians to shame (admittedly, including myself), because THAT is how to live out one's faith publicly, without being a hypocrite. He makes the doubters become believers. (ok poor pun).

From 4:43 Klopp or Gerrard.
Can't believe so many people chose Gerrard

One wanted Gerrard mainly because he wanted Klopp to manage Germany, selfish reason for his national team and I quite understand that. The other young fellas who wanted Gerrard because he was born and bred in the city, really troubling. One went as far as him not winning the title as a player, would want him to come back as a manager and win it, they think league title is given through sentiments these days? These are also the very group that would tear Gerrard apart if he fucks it up in his first 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom