• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester For The Title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting that ranieri would have achieved any thing comparable to Mourinho and co if he stayed at Chelsea ?

Well, Mourinho was sacked this season (for the second time) by Chelsea. Who knows what Ranieri could have done, given time. If you can win With Leicester, you can win With Chelsea?

Ranieri had time at Chelsea, and has had a long career elsewhere. There isn't a snowflake's chance in Hell that he'd have equalled Mourinho's record or even got anywhere close to it.

Are you suggesting that ranieri would have achieved any thing comparable to Mourinho and co if he stayed at Chelsea ?

No. Not at all. I'm just saying its a bit funny and will be a personal thriumph for Ranieri

Well, Mourinho was sacked this season (for the second time) by Chelsea. Who knows what Ranieri could have done, given time. If you can win With Leicester, you can win With Chelsea?

Yeah, although given he's already managed Juve, Valencia, Roma, Parma, Inter, Monaco as well as Chelsea, and won FUCK ALL, it's probably fair to suggest that Mourinho, who has won 8 league titles at four different clubs in four different leagues, two European Cups, 8 domestic cups, and also managed Inter and Chelsea - winning multiple trophies at clubs where Ranieri won....well, nothing - was probably a good choice to replace him, given he is demonstrably a better and wildly more successful manager, even given the fact that he's 20 years younger than Ranieri.

I'd quit now if I were you. It's getting embarrassing

Yeah, although given he's already managed Juve, Valencia, Roma, Parma, Inter, Monaco as well as Chelsea, and won FUCK ALL, it's probably fair to suggest that Mourinho, who has won 8 league titles at four different clubs in four different leagues, two European Cups, 8 domestic cups, and also managed Inter and Chelsea - winning multiple trophies at clubs where Ranieri won....well, nothing - was probably a good choice to replace him, given he is demonstrably a better and wildly more successful manager, even given the fact that he's 20 years younger than Ranieri.

I'd quit now if I were you. It's getting embarrassing

Not sure we are discussing the same thing..... I have never said he would win same amount as Mourinho, and all respect for Mourinho, who has also manage to build a fortune of getting sacked even after winning things, which makes him a guy you probably dont want to hire anyway?

Ranieri has won fuck all, even thoug coming Close a few occasions. Hence I said I wonder if he will quit when in the age of 64 he win the PL With fucking Leicester.... Dont know what is rational and not. And to discuss what might have happened if X was chosen instead of Y 15 years back is pretty meaningless. If Mourinho was such a fucking good Choice, why on earth have they sacked him twice?

Maybe I am too embedded in Liverpool but the only thing I can celebrate about Leicester winning the title is that Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City haven't.
And it is more than a bit sad and telling that I have celebrated.
Celebrating other teams misfortune was not mean to be the main source of my football joy.

Not sure we are discussing the same thing..... I have never said he would win same amount as Mourinho, and all respect for Mourinho, who has also manage to build a fortune of getting sacked even after winning things, which makes him a guy you probably dont want to hire anyway?

Ranieri has won fuck all, even thoug coming Close a few occasions. Hence I said I wonder if he will quit when in the age of 64 he win the PL With fucking Leicester.... Dont know what is rational and not. And to discuss what might have happened if X was chosen instead of Y 15 years back is pretty meaningless. If Mourinho was such a fucking good Choice, why on earth have they sacked him twice?

You're the one speculating what Ranieri "could have won with time" had he not been sacked by Chelsea.

I'm the one supplying the vast and readily available data that suggests it's a totally stupid thing to speculate about.

You said "Who knows what he might have won?". That's a pretty meaningless question to ask unless you're trying to suggest he might have won a lot.

As for your final question: Mourinho always moves on after a few years. In the meantime he wins shedloads.

Maybe I am too embedded in Liverpool but the only thing I can celebrate about Leicester winning the title is that Man U, Chelsea Arsenal, Spurs, Man City haven't.
Celebrating other teams misfortune was not mean to be the main source of my football joy.

Quite. TBH I'm not even that fussed about those others not winning it, with the possible exception of Utd. If it isn't LFC up there I couldn't really give a rat's.

You're kidding me right ?

Edit: Brendan gone and doned it,read it

And JJ

You said "Who knows what he might have won?". That's a pretty meaningless question to ask unless you're trying to suggest he might have won a lot.

As for your final question: Mourinho always moves on after a few years. In the meantime he wins shedloads.

Well... to be fair you could use all the same "Ranieri never won nothing. ..." arguments for him not to win the league this year back in August, and here we are. So if he could outmanouver everyone with Leicester, who knows what would have happened back then? I dont know.... to be honest I forgot he even existed before he turned up with Leicester.

Regarding Mourinho... I respect his results but I dont respect the narsistic piece of shit person.... Allways the best choice? For a club like Chelsea maybe.

Incidentally, not as much as he used to. In the eight years after taking the Porto job he won 6 leagues and two European Cups. Since 2010 - two league titles. It's still very, very, good, but there could be an argument that he's not the manager he once was.

Maybe I am too embedded in Liverpool but the only thing I can celebrate about Leicester winning the title is that Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City haven't.

Its also a painful reminder to how we fucked up in 2014... I saw the Chelsea highlights again yesterday. Baaaah...

The Mourinho/Ranieri argument is a bit pointless. Its more a personal thriumph for Ranieri and celebrating it at away to Chelsea must feel great for him.
He's according to the journos I know here in Norway, one of the nicest people in football all together.

So, I hope they win it. He's not the best manager around but neither the worst.

Morgan's one of the nastiest, dirtiest cloggers in the Prem. He and Huth have got away with near-murder at times this season. They haven't been the only ones of course, but let's not get too starry-eyed about them.
I've watched more than a fair bit of Leicester this season JJ and I don't remember Morgan being anything of the sort. A hard defender true, but not dirty - maybe he's cleaned up his act and that in turn has been beneficial to their defence this season. A contributing factor to their success no less.

Just to compound Spurs woes, Alli has been charged for his punch.
Yakob is a dirty twat but Alli deserves every bit of a 3 match ban (at least) he didn't just punch him he also kicked him from behind (ball miles away) in another incident.

The price of tickets: “It costs 40 pounds to watch United play. It’s not cheap”
On people who say ‘I hate the modern game’: “I can understand what they’re talking about. The business side of football makes it seem as though the owners are now more important than the fans. It’s not like the football of old; there wasn’t as much press coverage before or as many interested parties looking for their cut”.
Agents: “My dad is my agent and always acts with my best interests at heart. I’ve had team-mates who have gotten terrible advice. When I was younger I used to hear parents tell their children when to pass the ball as well as not to even bother passing it. I’ve had to tell team-mates that they were receiving bad advice. Every player thinks he’s Maradona when he joins a big club. That happens to all of us but then you start to notice it in the younger players. You see kids who think they’re rock stars; wearing extravagant clothes and driving fancy cars… and sometimes you have to take them aside and have a word. As long as you can keep a cool head though and continue working as hard as before, which after all is what got you to where you are, than you’ll be able to handle yourself”.
Salary: “Football is very well remunerated at this level. It’s like we live in a bubble. With respect to the rest of society, we earn a ridiculous amount. It’s unfathomable. With respect to the world of football, I earn a normal wage. But compared to 99.9% of Spain and the rest of the world, I earn an obscene amount. The barometer we use for measuring our salaries is comparing them to those of our team-mates and what other players are earning elsewhere”.
Living in a bubble: “I live in one. Real life is the one my friends live. They’ve had to look for work, sign on to the dole and emigrate. That’s normal life now. My life as a footballer is not normal”.
Football as a business: “I don’t enjoy the business side of football. I love the game. I love training and competing. I’d happily take a pay cut if there was less business involvement in the sport. At this level we’re very well paid and sometimes you get to thinking that there really isn’t much of a difference between x and x+3”.
The pressure on young players: “There are times when too much pressure is put on young players, which is wrong. They’re not prepared properly for failure, and things don’t always go to plan. They need to be taught that only a fortunate few can make it to the top. 99.9% of them won’t make it that far”.
Footballers have it too easy: “It scares me sometimes to think about just how protected I am. The smallest problem and someone will come and fix it for me. That’s one of the aspects in which we don’t live a normal life”.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/man-united-midfielder-juan-mata-explains-modern-football-quotes/

Yakob is a dirty twat but Alli deserves every bit of a 3 match ban (at least) he didn't just punch him he also kicked him from behind (ball miles away) in another incident.

Alli's going to have to watch that side of his play. You need grit in the mixture to make it at top level, but Alli has a bit too much at times. Yakob's an animal and no doubt was specifically set on Alli to wind him up, but Alli's going to have to learn to deal with that.

I have now, yeah. Class act. I think sometimes players from Europe like him, Alonso, Garcia, Kuyt, De Gea, Zenden - the list is huge - seem more mature, intelligent and thoughtful.

Lots of our own UK players appear thuggish, stupid and culturally unaware at similar ages, and mature a bit later (if at all). Even someone like Lampard, who was always a bright and diligent person, only shrugged off that persona when he was into his late 20s.

Football tends to be a less overwhelmingly working class pursuit in other countries.

Internet cringe at it's best!

13095788_770698043061079_2918530509828455963_n.jpg

Bought to you by facebook

Leicester winning the league and entering the CL next season should see them with some serious dough to spend. A few of their stars might leave as well.

If Henderson, Skrtel and Benteke were available i would think they might come in with a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom