• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and we did not lose the game today - just like City never lost the string of 2-1 games where they conceded silly goals but no one mentions their defense do they ? No. As for United Failing to Score - ok in those games where they fail to score but their are goals - it is never highlighted that defensive errors caused the issue - instead teh focus turns to the attack. In most games we have drawn and goals are scored - the attention is never on our fab four for making the wrong decisions or not being able to score after missing many chances - no the attention is that our defense fucked up. Sometimes i get the feeling we at LFC are not allowed to concede.

Did you see MOTD today ? - only four goals conceded at home and the whole world has been saying we got defensive issues. I think we all know our problem has always been a tactical one where prior to the Spurs game we actually decided to not to bother defending or providing any protection to the back 3/4.
Dude, City have the best defence and attack in the PL. How many games have we gone from winning to drawing? If we had a good goal keeper and decent defence we would probably have 10 more points then we have now.

Really enjoyed the match today, largely because I knew we'd come back... Until he replaced Salah with Wijnaldum, like for like please, defending deeper seldom works.

As for Burnley, we really will miss Salah. He's fucking brilliant and makes so much happen. Maybe if he doesn't start Mane won't sulk and get the job done.

The Ev can do us a favour on Monday.

Fucking Chelsea get till Wednesday off. Twats. But they do have to travel to Arse... Could be a point off second on Monday.

It was a boss game, very enjoyable to be there. Went in at half time thinking how the fuck are we losing this game. Loads of talking points in the 2nd half which got the crowd going, made it a boss atmosphere.

Salah, Gomez and Firmino were our best 3. Mane stunk the place out and couldn’t wait to get off the pitch quick enough when he was subbed. Need to sort him out ASAP.

Maguire was boss for them (bar salahs 2nd) he’s a proper good player him. A real leader for a young kid.

Boss result. I’ve been out after with 3 Evertonians who are all suicidal. Makes you appreciate what you got x

I realise fans have different opinions on games but Im not getting the Mané hate today. Thought this was the first time in ages he looked sharp. Also the goal is 100% on Matip, not really anything Can or anybody else could have done about it. I think hes been quite poor this year and has somehow escaped most of the criticism directed at our leaky defence

I realise fans have different opinions on games but Im not getting the Mané hate today. Thought this was the first time in ages he looked sharp.
I wouldn't say sharp .... but I thought Mané's performance was encouraging today. Not quite right, but getting there.

I've not been watching the forum of late but has Brendan quit all the flabby melt stuff about Firmino given he's the fulcrum for all our positive play and has scored 16 goals this season?

Nope but he has given him credit when he's played well

I realise fans have different opinions on games but Im not getting the Mané hate today. Thought this was the first time in ages he looked sharp. Also the goal is 100% on Matip, not really anything Can or anybody else could have done about it. I think hes been quite poor this year and has somehow escaped most of the criticism directed at our leaky defence

Ya I thought Mane while not lighting the place up, worked hard, made things happen and bar greed from Salah would have scored first half.

He linked up well and created the equalizer

Great result after going behind.

Giving that goal away was just shambolic - I'd quite happily see the back of Karius and Can.

Firmino continues to impress with his tenacity and Salah seems to have some magnet in his boots that just puts him in the right place for chances. What a signing he has been.

Mane should have been on the scoresheet but was a bit careless with his runs. Hopefully just a temporary lull for him and he'll get up to the level of the other 3 quickly
WTF did Karius have to do with the goal conceded ? It was all on Matip regardless of whether Can was slow or not it was a hospital pass.

I've not been watching the forum of late but has Brendan quit all the flabby melt stuff about Firmino given he's the fulcrum for all our positive play and has scored 16 goals this season?
He seems to have disappeared. Coincidence ?

*shit stirring*

Mane still has 7 goals and 6 assists in 19 games. Thought he was much better last night. His passing and movement was better and he was close to getting a goal. Great assist for the first.
The start stop with injuries have hampered his form a lot.

He'll be fine. No doubt.

Mane still has 7 goals and 6 assists in 19 games. Thought he was much better last night. His passing and movement was better and he was close to getting a goal. Great assist for the first.
The start stop with injuries have hampered his form a lot.

He'll be fine. No doubt.
Didn't mane start off the season really well , like the first five or so games?

You know when you're dead set on being right about a player and you just can't stand to see him do well and be proven wrong.
Oh, actually, I don't...[emoji6]
Is that why you've stopped watching the match ... in anticipation of a heroic Lallana return?

Bar the mistake for the goal and the lapse when he let the long ball bounce for Vardy - admittedly 2 very clear individual mistakes - I thought Matip played ok.

Mane is out of form - is it the shift to the left - he had most of his best performances on the right last season, didn't he? Not a cause for concern at this point.

I thought Can played well - the whole team were collectively great (bar the above).

The front 4 are so fluid and so fast - must be a nightmare to defend against.

Good end to the year - lots to look forward to in 2018.

Regarding Mane, he was the talk of the town last season and he probably had every reason to believe he would go from strength to strength, Then Salah is brought in and Mane gets shifted over to the left. Mane can undoubtedly play on the left but it's probably not his preferred side and suddenly Salah, playing in the position Mane thought was his, is the name on everybody's lips and receiving all the plaudits. It's not beyond the bounds of my imagination to posit the thought that Mane believes HE would be enjoying more success if used on the right and maybe he's feeling a little jealous. His body language and a few ambiguous comments also lend a little credence to the idea that Mane's munching on sour grapes. I wonder if his dip in form can be because he's not quite got his head in the right place.

He‘ll hand in a transfer request in summer.

Just wait and see.

Where can he go from here?

His form this season hasn't warranted a step up and I doubt any of the teams at our level would pay a premium for him right now.

How do his stats differ from last season? Seems to be about similar? I still think he's been very good this season, but his role in a number of our goals has been making the pre-assist pass when the front three or four are charging at defences. He definitely seems a bit more reserved, but I am not as concerned as others seem to be. I think in our heads we are expecting the same output from him as Salah, which is unfair.

I'm certainly not a Mane hater and agree he's not playing as badly as some are making out. But, there is something about his bearing, lately, he just doesn't seem as happy as he was last season and on more than a couple of occasions I've seen him give up on a ball or stand by as if it's someone else's responsibility. It is altogether possible that I've built up this sour grapes scenario in my head and it's flavouring the way I perceive him to a degree. it will be interesting to see if he gets to stretch his legs on the Right against Burnley if Mo' is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom