• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

LIAM HARKER, 17, REST IN PEACE

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
From .tv:

Seventeen-year-old Liam Harker from Darlington only found out he was suffering from stomach cancer six weeks ago after he was admitted to the Royal Victoria Infirmary Hospital in Newcastle. After being treated with an intensive course of radiotherapy, Liam was told on April 3 that he had beaten the cancer as the tumour had started to shrink.

Things took a serious turn for the worse the following day when Liam became very ill however. X-Rays revealed that the cancer had not only returned, it had spread throughout his body. It was at this moment that his parents were told that more radiotherapy would only help prolong his life by a matter of weeks.

Last Friday, Liam was told he had just two weeks left to live and was allowed home to die. Macmillan nurses are on hand round the clock to help him and his family at this incredibly difficult time. Upon arriving home, Liam's wish to his dad was to spend his final days in a shirt signed by the players he idolises. He also asked his dad to bury him in a Liverpool shirt when he dies as he's lived and breathed Liverpool Football Club all his life.

When news reached the club of Liam's plight, the youngster's dad was contacted and Liam was invited down to Melwood on Monday to not only pick up a signed shirt but also be taken on a tour of Melwood and meet not just the players but also Rafael Benitez.

Unfortunately, Liam was advised by doctors that he wouldn't be able to make the trip to Liverpool due to his worsening condition as even short trips between his home and the hospital in Newcastle for radiotherapy sessions take too much out of the youngster.

However, while Liam couldn't make the trip to Melwood to pick up the shirt, today one arrived special delivery at his home in the North East from Liverpool complete with the autographs of all his heroes.

The shirt and other gifts from the club arrived on the day that doctors took the decision to stop Liam's treatment as they believe his brave fight against cancer is drawing to a close.

Now Liverpool fans on the independent website Red and White Kop are desperately trying to organise a banner to display on the Kop in Liam's name in time for the Champions League semi-final against Chelsea on Tuesday night. The hope is that Liam can hang on until at least Tuesday to see the flag at home on television.

liam4.jpg

YNWA Liam ...

Re: Why Liam Harker won't walk alone

Thats so so horrible, puts life in perspective, i'd love nothing more than to hear a miracle story and he makes a full recovery.

Dear God. We get so het up about our little lives sometimes, and then you read something like this. I hope and pray we do the lad proud on Tuesday night.

Liam Harker YNWA

God, reading about things like that totally put life into perspective.

I hope he get's to see his banner and his team win against Chelsea.

YNWA Liam Harker

[quote author=livvy145 link=topic=22730.msg546208#msg546208 date=1208555468]
YNWA Liam.

Tragic story.
[/quote]

I shit myself for one second there.

What a tragic story. Poor lad. Let's hope he can really hang on to see us win in Moscow.

YNWA.

That's heart breaking.

Let's start a campaign to have a few of the team bring around the European Cup on Wednesday. Lift his spirits and all that.

I hope he can hang in their for the banner (and the visit)

Damn you LTW. Horrible story to post!

Poor kid... I hope he gets to see his banner.

Aw, I hatereading things like this.

Scary stuff.

My thoughts go to him & his family, I hope he gets to see that banner on Tuesday.

Poor lad, God bless him.. His bravery is obvious, especially considering how soon he found out. Poor kid, God bless my fellow red.

You'll Never Walk Alone Liam.. I really hope he gets to see the banner.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=22730.msg546206#msg546206 date=1208555147]
Dear God. We get so het up about our little lives sometimes, and then you read something like this. I hope and pray we do the lad proud on Tuesday night.

Liam Harker YNWA
[/quote]

Well said JJ - such a young lad. Makes me incredibly sad and incredibly angry. God bless lad.

I can't imagine how one would begin to deal with such a horrific change for the worse. And so little time to come to terms with it. Really puts things into perspective.

What a fucking amazing kid and a credit to LFC fans the world over. I only hope he gets to experience the joy of a European win at Anfield one more time.

YNWA.

That should be pinned up in the players' dressing room for the rest of the season.

YNWA Liam.

Our hopes and hearts are with you, your family, and the team, so that you get to feel the euphoria of victory one more time and, God willing, your strength will last with us all the way to Moscow.

If it's not to be then we know you will be looking down on us, from the best seat in the house, cheering us on.

You Will Never Walk Alone Liam.

I'll be thinking of Liam on Tuesday.

Let do is for Liam, and others in his situation.

YNWA!

[quote author=Bristow link=topic=22730.msg546230#msg546230 date=1208561226]
You'll Never Walk Alone Liam.. I really hope he gets to see the banner.
[/quote]

He will. Whatever happens.

Poor lad.

I hope the boys can put on a show for him and give him a bit of joy in his pain.

thats really sad

ffs

Really sad story. Hope he can somehow make a miracilous recovery.
Hope he gets to see the banner.
YNWA Liam

Thought this could do with a bump to keep it on the front page till Tuesday to remind us how lucky we are,poor young man in his prime 'tis a crying shame my thoughts are with his family Y.N.W.A Liam

[quote author=tommyboy link=topic=22730.msg547053#msg547053 date=1208712762]
Thought this could do with a bump to keep it on the front page till Tuesday to remind us how lucky we are,poor young man in his prime 'tis a crying shame my thoughts are with his family Y.N.W.A Liam
[/quote]

Good call!

Best to keep this in mind when we get pre-occupied with other seemingly 'important' things.

YNWA Liam. I'll be praying for you over the coming days.

Back
Top Bottom