• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool boss criticised by Rene Meulensteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they need to learn to coach the basics of defending and how to compromise their attacking philosophy. This is the same coaching staff that took us from 7th to 2nd and scoring over 100 goals in the process though, so yeah, dead shit.

Suarez probably had nearly as much of an impact last season as Rogers.

Suarez probably had nearly as much of an impact last season as Rogers.

Probably, and I'm not going to give him a pass for signing the wrong players, but he's been unlucky in losing one of the best players in the World AND another 20+ goals a season striker. What team wouldn't struggle to replace that?

Probably, and I'm not going to give him a pass for signing the wrong players, but he's been unlucky in losing one of the best players in the World AND another 20+ goals a season striker. What team wouldn't struggle to replace that?

Teams whose fans only believe they have to turn up to win.

Teams whose fans only believe they have to turn up to win.

We shouldn't have bought Balloteli, he's totally the wrong fit in terms of style and he's trying to shoehorn him in, he also lacks anything like the intensity that we played at last year, Rodgers fucked up. I don't see anything in Markovic either, but it's early days and he's young. The defense is a shambles, but he deserves time to fix all of these things. I don't think he's spent that poorly, but I do think he's identified the wrong positions at times and spend the money for the sake of spending. That said, tactically, when he has the right players at his disposal, he's shown he can be one of the most exciting coaches around. He's young, he's learning, he'll make mistakes, but there's a sour mentality going on, a case of "only singing when we're winning", he needs backing by the fans and by the players, now is where we want to see a siege mentality of everyone in it together, giving 100% to improve. Some of the players look shy on confidence and we need to get winning mentality and determination back and start grinding out results.

Despite yesterdays abject display, at least we looked like we were trying to control the game and were wary that we don't have goals in us, on another day we could have ground out a win, it was just another unfortunate error. We need to add goals in January and in the meantime, he needs to have a rethink, because throwing Mario back out there and watching him struggle is doing him and us no favours, it's not just suddenly going to click, we need to go back to the drawing board, work with what we've got but find the best temporary solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom